• Rose gold

Votes: 34 50.0%
  • Yellow gold

Votes: 15 22.1%

• Total voters

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all! Hoping you can help me decide which color looks best against my skin. It’s for a new project and I’m trying to decide among platinum, rose gold, or yellow gold. I took some pics with plain metal bands so you can judge. Thanks so much for your thoughts!!

71EDF036-1265-4A03-9778-EA3E9E012A37.jpeg

Rose gold:
EE10DFC4-023D-4BCC-B779-ECA075775EE3.jpeg

Yellow gold:
CF6B840A-7EF0-4317-8A3B-69B69321A474.jpeg

Platinum:
FF9DF81E-B881-4B6E-9439-8136E12AE8CD.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

You have beautiful hands and could wear anything.

That said, get one of each.:bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the rose on you...and I'm not usually a rose gold person because it doesnt look good on me :(2 .

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they all look good on you.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they all look nice on you :confused:
I wonder if it’s personal preference - or would someone be willing to show their hand with a gold/plat allow they feel is truly hideous?

lynahs1295

Shiny_Rock
i am also going to say they all look beautiful on you! hard to pick one for sure!

that said, whichever you pick will be beautiful

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
They're all good. What type of project is it? That may change our answers.

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
I think they’re all beautiful with your skin tone. However, I prefer the rose gold for some reason.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much gals! Seems like rose gold is the winner based on the poll which surprises me as I always think it sort of clashes with my cool pink-toned skin. But I do so love it!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i don’t think there is a bad choice for you but the rose gold blends with your skin tone. If you are looking for contrast or a metal that shows up, I would opt for the yellow gold.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i don’t think there is a bad choice for you but the rose gold blends with your skin tone. You might prefer that look if you want the look of the metal minimized and the focus on the stone or stones. If you are looking for contrast or a metal that shows up, I would opt for the yellow gold.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted rose gold but I think they all look good.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I like the rose gold best on you. My second favorite was the platinum.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I thought they all looked fine with your skin tone. The yellow gold gives the most contrast though, so it stood out to me as the most striking. I do love the classic nature of platinum (or white gold), so it got my vote. I am not a rose gold fan, but it looks lovely on you, so if it's your favorite, that's the one I'd go with.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not looking at anyone’s response yet. Rose gold looks amazing on you @Laila619
Having said that get what you love and will wear and enjoy. I think they all look lovely. But the rose is my vote since you’re asking. It seems to pop and looks great on you. ♥️

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not looked at others' responses, except to suggest you have a colour analysis done. It should not be too costly or take too much time.

I had mine done by my dressmaker at the time, and it confirmed what I had suspected all along, that yellow/beige/brown/earthy tones do not suit me. I need to wear white shiny metals, and bold primary and secondary colours with blues and pinks. Primary yellow is fine in small doses as a complementary colour in accessories.

I never liked yellow gold, and have only worn white metals since my early teens.

DK :))

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
They all look great, but to me, the platinum stands out more on your skin. You have lovely hands too!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you SO much everyone for taking the time to reply! I’m now leaning towards plat or rose gold, but I’ve eliminated the yellow gold. Hubby says to go with platinum as he thinks white metals are the most “current.” I see a lot of ladies with rose gold rings online, but around here in person (small midwest town), NO ONE seems to have it.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i don’t think there is a bad choice for you but the rose gold blends with your skin tone. If you are looking for contrast or a metal that shows up, I would opt for the yellow gold.

Thanks @MissGotRocks , I agree rose gold tends to blend in on a lot of us fair-skinned ladies.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you SO much everyone for taking the time to reply! I’m now leaning towards plat or rose gold, but I’ve eliminated the yellow gold. Hubby says to go with platinum as he thinks white metals are the most “current.” I see a lot of ladies with rose gold rings online, but around here in person (small midwest town), NO ONE seems to have it.

I'd go with plat over RG... for the simple fact that it would be more difficult to match up different colors of RG. I've seen it from light pink to peachy to almost yellow gold.

ETA: you can always add in RG with a band

Also, my vote was for YG, because of the lovely contrast. RG was my least favorite with your skin tone (it blended in).

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Rose. No question. It looks amazing on you! It is actually very much in right now much more so than Plat. But Plat is a forever classic. I think yellow clashes with your skin tone.

I have been through detailed color analysis with stylists. Yellow looks great on me because I am warmer toned but more ”greenish yellowish light olive” so it pops but compliments. Strong rose is horrible on me, an understated light rose is fine and my favorite. White metals are nice on almost everyone and with your skin tone definitely. But because you are rosy rose is divine on you.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
I think they all look great. I'm surely biased towards yellow gold, but the rose gold looks great on you too.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
F
Hi all! Hoping you can help me decide which color looks best against my skin. It’s for a new project and I’m trying to decide among platinum, rose gold, or yellow gold. I took some pics with plain metal bands so you can judge. Thanks so much for your thoughts!!

71EDF036-1265-4A03-9778-EA3E9E012A37.jpeg

Rose gold:
EE10DFC4-023D-4BCC-B779-ECA075775EE3.jpeg

Yellow gold:
CF6B840A-7EF0-4317-8A3B-69B69321A474.jpeg

Platinum:
FF9DF81E-B881-4B6E-9439-8136E12AE8CD.jpeg

First of all, lovely hands. Are you sure you have 5 kids? ;P

Secondly, the rose and gold look awesome. The gold pops!

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
I find the yellow gold shows up best against your skin. For me, next is the rose gold, then the platinum.
But all three look good, in my opinion, so you can’t go wrong.

devils_snare

Rough_Rock
1. yellow gold
2. rose gold (blends into your skin!)
3. plat
But agree with everyone above, they all look good :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results