shape
carat
color
clarity

Which color coach bag?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
I'm wanting to invest in a new Coach bag that I can carry pretty much year-round. I have a cute pastel-striped one I got a few years ago that works beautifully for spring, but want something a bit more neutral. I have plenty of black and want a change. I really like this one, the Madeline Signature Tote:

coach tan.jpg

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
But I''m also really liking it in green, too. Decisions, decisions!!!

coach green.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Hi Dogmom! I absolutely love those bags - I saw them on display a couple of weeks ago, but the ones I saw were the model that is all leather, no Cs. I absolutely adore the poppy red one, love the green one, but honestly, I think that buff leather color is probably the best versatile bag. Such a classic coach look, too!

ETA: With the tan, you can always add a pop of color by purchasing an extra little scarf - I love the look of the little scarf in the bow, so I went to my local factory store and found one to jazz up a black tote that I have to make it a little more spring-friendly :)

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
oops. double post.

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Elmorton, that''s a good idea that will add a pop of color. I, too, think the buff is more versatile. You''re right about the red. It''s gorgeous, too!

coach geranium.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I LOVE the red. But I love red leather in general. What color clothes do you normally wear? I agree with El, of course the buff is the most neutral.

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Love the red. Seems this season people are sportin'' bold colors!
3.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the green, Think it is so springy and fun, and goes with a lot more than you might think! It can be neutral-ish or more pop of color. Goes with camel, black, white, pink, cream, navy, grey, chocolate brown, oranges...

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I love red handbags :) so I vote red all the way :)

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
They are all great, but personally I would get the green one.You see all other colors lots more than green so I would pick it.

Heidi137

Shiny_Rock
I like all of them but my favorite is the green. It goes with more than the red and I like the beige/brown combo better with green.

sera

Ideal_Rock
I like the all... the buff is the most versatile as someone already said. If you want the most use out of it, I would go with that.

I love the red! I have a lotta red and would get a lot of use out of it.

I think I would go with the green. Personally, that is not a good shade of green for me, but I could use the green in the accessories while wearing other colors. I also like mixing colors to accessorize... I got a green purse with green and yellow and gold bracelets to go with it since I like the colors but don''t wear the colors, yanno?

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all your suggestions, ladies. I'm torn between the buff and the green. I seem to have a LOT of green in my wardrobe, so that might actually work pretty well. I'm wondering, though, if I could carry that in the Fall, as well? I live in the south, so we tend to not follow all the ususal fashion rules, especailly relating to color. Would I have to wear green shoes? I don't have any!

Even though I love the pink (it's a gorgeous coral-pink that I love), I think the others would be more "neutral." I'll go look around, "test-drive" them and see which one calls to me. Who knows, I might find something totally different that I just HAVE to have
11.gif

Thanks again for your help!

sera

Ideal_Rock
I would think green and brown would work for fall.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I just was looking at these at Macys tonight........They are so cute, I''d totally go green!!!!!
21.gif

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I''d get the buff one.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I''d get the buff and change out the ribbon to coordinate a bit with other colors.

I love all of them, though!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the red one-it''s gorgeous!! I wish they sold coach over here!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for the buff colored one since you said you''d like to carry it year round. The green and the red are adorable, but seem much more springy, summery to me.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2008 11:57:23 AM
Author: somethingshiny
I''d get the buff and change out the ribbon to coordinate a bit with other colors.

I love all of them, though!
OH, good idea!

EMPTorres

Shiny_Rock
If you are looking for traditional and sensible then go with the natural color or the red one. If you want something of an eye catcher go with the green one. Regardless of which one you choose the are all great colors..

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Here''s some options for adding color to the buff one if that''s an option you like - these are $38 but I think I paid $28 for mine at a factory store. The ponytail scarf is really the best option (yupp, I tried every shape of scarf in the store) to make the cutest bow.

coachscarf2.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d risk it and get the green (between green and buff). I think even if that is the ONLY green in your outfit it is fine. And green is great for fall.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Even though red is my favorite color, I would get the green. Green can be a neutral so I can see it going with a lot of stuff.

designchica

Shiny_Rock
I like the poppy the best.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote buff or red!

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all SO much for your feedback! I have to confess, that I *ahem* bought bling instead
1.gif
I bought myself a diamond RHR!! (Specs and pics to come when available.)

(I fulfill my purse fix, though, with a very cute green patent clutch from AT Loft
3.gif
)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for updating us! I don''t blame you for getting a diamond RHR instead! I can''t wait to see the pictures.

stryeyes102

Shiny_Rock
I know i am VERY late to the party but, I saw the green one in person just the other day..

30.gif
30.gif
IT IS TO DIE FOR!!!
30.gif
30.gif

They are definitely a bit smaller then you think they are though.. im petite and its the perfect sized tote for me.

In fact, its my craving at the moment..
12.gif
Can ya tell? hehe

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
They have a white one too and I love it!! I wish I could get it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results