shape
carat
color
clarity

Which band goes better with my AVC?

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
My FH and I were wedding band shopping yesterday. I found two that may be possibilities. Since I know all the ladies on pricescope have great taste I was hoping that some of you might be able to help me decide which looks better. The first one is a combination of elongated and square french cuts that complement the facet structure of my AVC. The second one is an eternity carre cut band that matches the carre cut diamonds on my engagement ring. I was also considering a plain platinum band with millegrain but havent had a chance to take any pics of one with my ring. I am open to other suggestions too if anyone sees something that they think would look better!! Sorry the pics arent the greatest as it was taken on my phone :( Thanks for everyone's help :) :)

carre band 2.jpg

french cut band 2.jpg

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the first one is perfect.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, I adore the first one with it!!! It's amazing to me you found one that matches that well without having it custom made!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the first one.. it's perfect... if you are not into Matchy Matchy.. the second one is lovely.. but the first looks like it was meant to be... :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First one hands down! It looks like it was made for your ering - wow!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
No question, the first one. The only change I would make is to make the band narrower to keep the focus on your e-ring.

AND NOTE that the photos are posted carre first and mixed cuts second. I think the votes so far are all for the carre band. In your post, you name the carre band "number two", but photos upload in reverse order on PS 8)

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1310329849|2966042 said:
No question, the first one. The only change I would make is to make the band narrower to keep the focus on your e-ring.

AND NOTE that the photos are posted carre first and mixed cuts second. I think the votes so far are all for the carre band. In your post, you name the carre band "number two", but photos upload in reverse order on PS 8)
Oops You are absolutely right !!! I would love to be able to change that but I think its too late to edit my post now :(

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I uploaded the pics in the wrong order so just to clarify the first picture is of the carre cut band and second pic is of the french cut band. Thanks everyone for your responses ! :)

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
#1!

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1310328924|2966025 said:
I agree, I adore the first one with it!!! It's amazing to me you found one that matches that well without having it custom made!
Yea I was really surprised as well and it fits perfectly ! The only slight problem is that there is some damage to the top part of the band since the previous owner must have worn her engagement ring and wedding band together. The band are all I color stones and I did see a bit of difference in color because the carre cut stones on my engagement ring are F/G .

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for the carre cut band

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
the carre band...hands down!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like them both but the first one would be my choice.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Carre!! I wouldn't change anything about it - just perfect!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock

I love both! They both look really nice with your gorgeous e-ring!! It really just depends if you want more of a matched set (option #1) or not (option #2).

I do agree with Dreamer that I'd make whichever style you choose slimmer than the ones you posted - so it's a bit smaller than your e-ring and thus compliments instead of competes.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first one.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh definitely the carre band! It really looks like it was made to go with your ering!

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
First one looks amazing!!!!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
1st for sure~

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love the eternity carre band but also think it would be nicer (as in perfect :)) ) if it were more narrow. If this is as narrow as it comes, it would still look amazing.

I'd love to see pics of your ring paired with the millegrain band, if you get a chance! I think that would look very pretty, as well.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
#1, no question!

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Unfortunately the carre cut band only comes in the 2.3mm . There is currently a summer 20% off special only on their stock rings so I was hoping to be able to take advantage of that . :(

lbling

Rough_Rock
I think the carre cut band looks spectacular with your e-ring. It's a great find for your ring and save the issue of having to get something custom made :) It's like it was made for your ring! In saying that the second option is beautiful if you don't want to have matching bands. I guess it's just personal choice but I think the consensus is the first band.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
My engagement ring tapers from 3mm down to 2mm. What do you all think of going for a wider wedding band? Another option is going for a 4mm carre cut band? Is that too bulky?

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Hospatogi said:
Unfortunately the carre cut band only comes in the 2.3mm . There is currently a summer 20% off special only on their stock rings so I was hoping to be able to take advantage of that . :(
Hospatogi said:
My engagement ring tapers from 3mm down to 2mm. What do you all think of going for a wider wedding band? your diamoAnother option is going for a 4mm carre cut band? Is that too bulky?
My vote goes to the 2.3 mm carre cut band with a thin plain spacer between the e-ring and the wedding band.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
#1 for sure, it looks like a perfect match.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
#1 looks perfect! Gorgeous e-ring that will make a gorgeous set no matter which you choose.

Mrsacornblue

Shiny_Rock
Love the carre cut! It looks beautiful with your magnificent e-ring! :appl:

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I missed that. Yes, I meant the carre band.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results