shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to shop for a yellow gold charm bracelet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
DH gave me a YG charm bracelet for Christmas but he and I agree that it will be returned and we should keep looking. The problem is that the one he purchased, from James Avery, is their "medium weight" but I would like something a bit sturdier. I am a southern girl and collecting charms is a tradition in my family-my grandmother''s bracelet holds 21 gold charms-and I''m hoping to get them as gifts for years. The bracelet will eventually become a sentimental piece and I would hate to loose it.

Any suggestions on where to look for such a thing? I haven''t had much luck at my local B&M. I thought of Pearlman''s but don''t see anything that is quite right online, perhaps I''ll drop them a note.

Other ideas?

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I love my gold charm bracelet from Tiffany''s. It''s expensive but it''s one of my heirlooms. It is a heavier bracelet as well.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I helped my father pick out a high school graduation gift for my niece in June. We got her the sturdiest Tiffany sterling silver charm bracelet. She considered returning it because only certain charms fit on it, but once she saw other charm bracelets, she decided she wanted to stay with the biggest Tiffany bracelet since it was by far the sturdiest.

Having said that, I want you to know that I am a charm bracelet aficionado and a yellow gold aficionado. Over the years I have seen dozens of sturdy yellow gold charm bracelets on-line. You can hold out for as long as you want and be be as picky as you want. I am sure that there are better bracelets out there than any that Tiffany makes. They may or may not cost less. They will definitely be better buys, however, since you will not be paying for the Tiffany name!

If you want help looking around on the 'net, I would be glad to look! Here's a hint: if you look on-line, don't search for "charm bracelets", just search for variations on "gold link bracelet" and you'll get to pages like this one, which will show you bracelets that can be used as charm bracelets.

AGBF
34.gif

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I love the gold Tiffany bracelet. I could not justify the pirce, so I got the silver one. I love it, and love the toggle clasp, as I can take it onn and off without help. I hope you will
let us know if you find something comparable at a better price.

P.S. Is your dog a labradoodle? I have one, and she looks like your dog.

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
I''m glad to know that there are other charm bracelet lovers out there. I consider them a bit old-fashioned which is one of the reasons I love them.

AGBF, I''m with you on paying for the Tiffany''s name. I know that it is a great heavy bracelet but I''m more into the value-buy than the name (just me, I love to admire other people''s Tiffany pieces!). I would love guidance on finding one and appreciate your tips. I have been doing just what you mentioned and searching "charm bracelets" which, of course, gets me bracelets with the charms already attached. I''ll try the "gold link bracelet" search and see if I have better luck.

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, PinkLady, he''s a 2 year old labradoodle (sleeping at my feet). The pic is a bit squished but he''s really cute and a great dog. High energy and very sweet. How old is yours?

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to Hijack, but I just knew it was a labradoodle! We think ours is about two years old; we just got her a few months ago from our state''s poodle rescue group. She is so sweet. Here is a photo of her sleeping at our feet at an outdoor restaurant in Atlanta. She is so well behaved that she goes out to eat quite often. She looks so much like the picture of your dog, doesn''t she?

Copy of Across the St.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
12/26/2009 10:42:29 PM
Author: Gayletmom

I'm glad to know that there are other charm bracelet lovers out there. I consider them a bit old-fashioned which is one of the reasons I love them.
This is my third attempt to post a reply to Gayle. The computer ate my first two attempts; I am hoping that the third try will be the lucky one! This thread contains links to several other Pricescope threads about charm bracelets. I am not sure that any of those will be enormously helpful to you, since they recommend companies of which you are already aware. It may be worth taking a look, though, especially if you love charm bracelets (as I do).

The thread which I started years ago (the link to it is among the links posted in the thread to which this thread is now linked) was inspired by the beautiful vintage charm bracelets I had seen on eBay. Charm bracelets are, as you said, old-fashioned! I was also inspired by their mention by Margaret Maron in her Judge Deborah Knott series book, Slow Dollar. The picture she painted of North Carolina back in the days when women my age were girls was very evocative!

Like you, Gayle, I wanted my charm bracelet to represent events in my life, but I was already a wife and mother when I started mine. My wedding and graduation were many years in the past. I didn't really want a graduation charm or a wedding cake on my charm bracelet. So I chose a couple of the main musical instruments that my daughter had played; a grocery cart; a colander; a Jeep; and several charms of Labrador retrievers (one with ruby eyes). Some of my charms are 14K gold, but many are 18K and some are even higher karat gold since I like that. The bracelet really reflects what I like, so it is very personal.

Thank you for starting this thread. Charm bracelets are one of my favorite topics.

PS-The Labradoodles are to die for!

AGBF
34.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/27/2009 11:18:11 AM
Author: AGBF

Date:
12/26/2009 10:42:29 PM

I'm glad to know that there are other charm bracelet lovers out there. I consider them a bit old-fashioned which is one of the reasons I love them.

This is my third attempt to post a reply to Gayle. The computer ate my first two attempts; I am hoping that the third try will be the lucky one! This thread contains links to several other Pricescope threads about charm bracelets. I am not sure that any of those will be enormously helpful to you, since they recommend companies of which you are already aware. It may be worth taking a look, though, especially if you love charm bracelets (as I do).

The thread which I started years ago (the link to it is among the links posted in the thread to which this thread is now linked) was inspired by the beautiful vintage charm bracelts I had seen on eBay. Charm bracelets are, as you said, old-fashioned! I was also inspired by their mention by Margaret Maron in her her Judge Deborah Knott series book, Slow Dollar. The picture she painted of North Carolina back in the days when women my age were girls was very evocative!

Like you, Gayle, I wanted my charm bracelet to represent events in my life, but I was already a wife nd mother when I started mine. My wedding and graduation were many years in the past. I didn't really want a graduation charm or wedding cake on my charm bracelet. So I chose a couple of the main musical instruments that my daughter had played; a grocery cart; a colander; a Jeep; and several varieties of Labradoe retrievers (one with ruby eyes). Some of my charms are 14K gold, but many are 18K and some are even higher karat gold since I like that. The bracelet really reflects what I like, so it is very personal.

Thank you for starting this thread. Charm bracelets are one of my favorite topics.

AGBF

34.gif

Deb, I love you even more! A colander, a grocery cart and Labs! Just add in a washing machine, the dry cleaners and a cup of Starbucks and you have my charm bracelet! Please post pics of yours- it sounds wonderful! I love personal jewelry, and jewelry with a sense of humor.
36.gif

Happy holidays!
35.gif

ETA (sorry for the threadjack)

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, Deb,

Rubies are my favorite stone.
And, it is pretty obvious that this thread is fond of labradors and charms.
So, you must post a picture of the lab with ruby eyes. You cannot just throw that out there.

Pink

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Deb, I agree that we must see some pics of your charms. We''re all waiting impatiently!

Thanks for the links. I''m going to have a blast browsing the earlier threads. I''ve also spent some time today looking for bracelets online. I''ve found a couple of possibilities and will keep you all posted.

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a Texas girl and I have 2 James Avery charm bracelets, myself. Sorry you weren''t happy with the one you got. Did you not like their bigger bracelet options?
I agree with the others...the Tiffany bracelets are beautiful. From what I''ve seen on their website, they don''t have a huge selection of charms though. Maybe there will be more to come...
Good luck in your search!

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
I, too, can''t wait to see a pic of the lab with ruby eyes!
3.gif

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the input, Chloe. I love James Avery jewelry but am not sure that the charm bracelet is sturdy enough. DH ordered the medium weight double curb. Which do you like?

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
My charm bracelets are both sterling but I always admire the gold charms on display. I filled a light double curb and just started a medium double curb. Have you looked at the "classic cable bracelet?" It is quite substantial (with quite a price tag to go with it!) but I bet it would look FABULOUS in yellow gold. I noticed their heavy double curb bracelet only comes in sterling, but I wonder if they would make you a custom one in yellow gold for a reasonable price. (A few years ago, I was able to order a charm in yellow gold that they only carried in sterling.) Good luck with your shopping!

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the tip-I''m going to ask about the heavy double link custom route. I figure it can''t hurt!

I saw that heavy cable bracelet and love it but decided it''s out of my price range!

I''ll keep you posted when I decide.

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Found this one on since1910.com. Dunno if it''s substantial enough for you, but take a look! HERE

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Blue Nile has a few nice yellow gold bracelets too. (Various price ranges) There''s a nice heavy double link bracelet for about $600.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/2/2010 10:58:33 PM
Author: ChloeTheGreat

Found this one on since1910.com. Dunno if it's substantial enough for you, but take a look! HERE
That looks pretty durable! I really wish I could remember where I put mine and my daughter's! I hate to go to the safe deposit box and unpack everything if I am not sure they are even in there! It's really a lot of trouble because I have a big box and a small box and I have documents, sterling silverware, and jewelry interspersed between the two. (I hate keeping anything valuable in the house!) This wonderful thread keeps calling me, however! I want to participate in it!

AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one of the many gold link bracelets available on the Heavenly Treasures website. This one (for $598.00) is 14K yellow gold and is intended to be a charm bracelet. There are many other link bracelets available on the site that are not intended to be charm bracelets but that could, I think, be used as charm bracelets. Heavenly Treasures offers a charm lock which will allow one to clip a charm onto any bracelet. I will try to post a picture of that! I admire some of the chunky gold bracelets that are kind of pricey, although I don't know if I would wear them. (They're big.)

AGBF
34.gif

HeavenlyTreasures14KBracelet.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This bracelet is 14K rose gold. It is not being sold as a charm bracelet. I admire it, but would actually have some reservations about using it as a charm bracelet. I think that every charm would need to be adapted (would the Heavenly Treasures charm lock work?) to fit on the thick links. I also think that the bracelet would overwhem the charms. The nice thing about the bracelet, if it were used as a charm bracelet, would be its strength!!!

PS-It costs over $2,000.00.

AGBF
34.gif

HeavenlyTreasures14KRoseGoldBracelet.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
Pandora bracelets are VERY in right now. My sister has one and they seem very sturdy. Their solid yellow gold one is pricey ($1050), but they have one that is silver with a yellow gold clasp ($230), which once it''s filled up, they only thing you''d see is the clasp anyway....

Best part, charms are EVERYWHERE right now. Aside from directly from Pandora, Brighton and Helzberg both carry charms that fit Pandora.

All Yellow Gold

Silver with Yellow Gold Clasp

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
These are all great possibilities. Thanks for the suggestions. I am considering them all, now the only problem is choosing! I also found this one from Beladora2, with sort of vintage feel. What do you all think?

l_6001088.10001.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/8/2010 9:49:41 PM

I also found this one from Beladora2, with sort of vintage feel. What do you all think?
I like the one from Beladora2. I also like the first one I posted from Heavenly Treasures. That is because my own taste in charm bracelets is very traditional. The gold Pandora bracelet that was posted is very good looking; it is just not a traditional charm bracelet. I am sure that it is more fashionable than what I like, but I like what I like :).

AGBF
34.gif

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF, we have similar tastes in charm bracelets. I like a traditional, even old-fashioned look. My favorites so far are the double link style and the ribbon-like Beladora style. I have been exchanging e-mails with a very nice woman from Beladora. I keep going back to that one but it''s a little more than I was planning to spend so I wrote to her asking if she could offer any kind of discount. I will keep you all posted.

As soon as I get around to it, I want to start a thread with pics of our charm bracelets.

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Gayle,
Glad you''re finding some you like! That ribbon-style bracelet is unique, I have not seen one like it. It''s pretty neat. And I think that will add to that substantial feeling you want. Can''t wait to see what you end up with!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/9/2010 3:15:57 PM

AGBF, we have similar tastes in charm bracelets. I like a traditional, even old-fashioned look. My favorites so far are the double link style and the ribbon-like Beladora style. I have been exchanging e-mails with a very nice woman from Beladora. I keep going back to that one but it''s a little more than I was planning to spend so I wrote to her asking if she could offer any kind of discount. I will keep you all posted.

Good luck with that. It is unique, although if you are going to spend a lot of money there are also other beautiful bracelets that you can find, too. So you have your options open! I await your choice...and will keep my eyes open, too!

AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although this antique bracelet is quite pricey, it reminds me a bit of the one you like, Gayle. I saw this on a site called "The Way We Were".

AGBF
34.gif

TheWayWeWereBracelet.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Take a look at Rembrandt charm bracelets...
http://www.rembrandtcharms.com/

You can choose the style and thickness of the bracelet and they have a lot of charms in their inventory. They are the traditional type charm bracelets and they may just be what you are looking for
1.gif

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo, I love that one! It is pricey but so unusual! I like the ribbon with the rings for the charms and the braid. I can''t wait to browse the site. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results