shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to look for a gold necklace?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which stores still sell yellow gold necklaces? Online or BM. I'm looking for an open work 14k or 18k chain necklace that's not flat like an omega or byzantine but three-dimensional and chunky. A true necklace not a pendant chain. There used to be so many places selling interesting necklaces but I'm not finding much now. I guess they aren't in demand now given the price of gold. The best selection seems to be at Ross - Simons but I'd like to see more options.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you looked at individual designers like Marco Bicego? They do some nice pieces!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would e-mail ID Jewelry some pics and see if they have or can find some for you.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you aren't weirded out by pawn shops, try those!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I often look on eBay (although I did think of Marco Bicego, too!). There is a 14k Solid Yellow Gold Mariner Anchor Necklace Chain for sale there now. And I'm sure many, many more chains that are three dimensional and not pre-owned. I also saw some nice pre-owned ones. My problem with looking at gold pieces on eBay is that I want to buy so many of them!

Deb
:saint:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ebay and pawn shops for me.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll look at the recommended sites. I'm definitely weirded out by pawn shops but may need to get over that. It's just seems like a lot of legwork to go to different stores. Marco Bicego is not my cup of tea and the prices are very high even at resale.

I've also been looking on ebay but maybe I have unreasonable expectations about prices for used jewelry. They just seem too high for gram weight and condition. So something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/18K-Yellow-Gold-Chunky-Thick-Necklace-Italy-31-grams-19-Estate-Jewelry-/111877957969 looks overpriced to me because I have bracelets in higher gram weight that cost less new. Am I completely off?

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if I understand what you are looking for, but have you ever heard of Swedish designer SandbergSweden? Their website might be worth a look. (www.sandbergsweden.com) They do for example a "pinnlaskjedja" (i.e. a "sticklockchain") with a bloom ball that is very pretty http://www.sandbergsweden.com/en/blog/product/kelly-blomboll-4/
Otherwise, if I can't find what I'm looking for, I sometimes have our local jeweler make it for me :)

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Etsy, maybe? Sometimes interesting things pop up there.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sarraf.com but I have never bought from them. The site has been around for a few years though.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian|1455091835|3989251 said:
Not sure if I understand what you are looking for, but have you ever heard of Swedish designer SandbergSweden? Their website might be worth a look. (www.sandbergsweden.com) They do for example a "pinnlaskjedja" (i.e. a "sticklockchain") with a bloom ball that is very pretty http://www.sandbergsweden.com/en/blog/product/kelly-blomboll-4/
Otherwise, if I can't find what I'm looking for, I sometimes have our local jeweler make it for me :)

Uh oh. Great site. This is going onto the The Gold Thread. Sharon may need an Armring 18K guld. ;)) Thank you, Scandinavian!

AGBF
(Deb)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
thecat|1455097607|3989264 said:
Sarraf.com but I have never bought from them. The site has been around for a few years though.

I purchased from them bad returned due to poor quality.

Have you looked at rubylane?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1455104220|3989273 said:
Scandinavian|1455091835|3989251 said:

Uh oh. Great site. This is going onto the The Gold Thread. Sharon may need an Armring 18K guld. ;)) Thank you, Scandinavian!

AGBF
(Deb)

I might! :))

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Costco.com has some.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby monster|1455122709|3989354 said:
canuk-gal|1455118547|3989333 said:
HI:
This is pretty! Prolly a little OTT but what the heck! :bigsmile:
http://www.66mint.com/product/vintage-18k-exaggerated-chain-necklace/

cheers--Sharon
I really like the links on this one. Might be a tad too much at 127g though. I'll put this site on my list to check.

It is weighty--but the link is very attractive.

I know this is right out, but HEY! ;))

http://www.doverjewelry.com/product/vca-van-cleef-arpels-estate-14k-gold-shell-necklace-119-grams/

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would usually search rubylane or etsy for something like that. On etsy especially I can find stuff reasonably priced.

Anne

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an old thread from 2016. I'm sure if she was going to buy a gold chain she would have done it by now!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results