shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to find styles similar to Tiffany Elsa Peretti “pearl by the yard” necklace?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Close up pics of my wire wrapping efforts, apologies for the discoloured silver wire!

20201221_202151.jpg 20201221_201421.jpg 20201221_201359.jpg

The last one is a double ended knot.

Hope they help.

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Austina and also @dk168

BTW, that single pearl with a big gap from the knot, that was part of a key ring, and the knot was tight against the original pearl when it was made in late 90s.

Over the years, the pearl got smaller and smaller due to abrasion against metals such as keys and other objects in the key ring including bronze coins.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lissyflo Thanks for the helpful suggestions re vendors!

I’m not going to make my own lol, I don’t think I can do it, so I may reach out to @molinePDG and @Pearlescence and look at their instagrams for ready-to-wear tin cup/station necklaces featuring baroque pearls. Either of you have an opera length strand (at least 20 inch long) of baroque or Keshi pearls, preferably off white color? Here’s an example I found online, only too short, and I prefer if the pearls are spaced apart a bit more (aka remove every other pearl from the strand examples below). I’m ok with sterling silver for metal (I’m allergic to nickel aka white gold and don’t like/have yellow gold pieces in my collection currently to match).

I can also reach out to Cees as well.

8D202E50-AD01-466B-BE67-7F4C3B34F1F4.jpeg

Haha I actually have some baroques on the way that I was thinking of doing this style with. Great minds think alike I guess!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Close up pics of my wire wrapping efforts, apologies for the discoloured silver wire!

20201221_202151.jpg 20201221_201421.jpg 20201221_201359.jpg

The last one is a double ended knot.

Hope they help.

Wonderful picture - thank you
im worried i wouldn't get those wire knots neat enough but i guess it just takes practice and patience

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful picture - thank you
im worried i wouldn't get those wire knots neat enough but i guess it just takes practice and patience

Oh yes, plenty of practice, and get the best pliers and side cutters for your budget.

My knots and loops got smaller and neater through practice.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
BTW, that single pearl with a big gap from the knot, that was part of a key ring, and the knot was tight against the original pearl when it was made in late 90s.

Over the years, the pearl got smaller and smaller due to abrasion against metals such as keys and other objects in the key ring including bronze coins.

In that close up photo that pearl still has an aurora about it
Like a really beautiful older lady that has lived a full life but that hasn't had any work done to her face !

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In that close up photo that pearl still has an aurora about it
Like a really beautiful older lady that has lived a full life but that hasn't had any work done to her face !

I guess I picked the right pearl in that it is a CFWP with solid nacre and not an Akoya, as the latter would have had its nacre rubbed off a lot sooner!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess I picked the right pearl in that it is a CFWP with solid nacre and not an Akoya, as the latter would have had its nacre rubbed off a lot sooner!

All this is (hopefully) bring filed away in my menory for future reference =)2

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All this is (hopefully) bring filed away in my menory for future reference =)2

Try Wen Pearls on Etsy for cheap CFWP for practice, and Swarovski crystal beads can be found in craft/jewellery making shops.

Instead of sterling Silver wire, practice with silver coated wires first to get use to the technique.

I found Sterling Silver or tarnish resistant Silver wires are harder than silver-plated wire with a ? Copper core to work with.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Try Wen Pearls on Etsy for cheap CFWP for practice, and Swarovski crystal beads can be found in craft/jewellery making shops.

Instead of sterling Silver wire, practice with silver coated wires first to get use to the technique.

I found Sterling Silver or tarnish resistant Silver wires are harder than silver-plated wire with a ? Copper core to work with.

Thank you
i think you are the 2nd person to recomend Wen Pearls to me

i have to rewire the xmas wreth today - im tempted to have a practice with some odd old beads and regular wire just to get a feel for it

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Pinkmartini87 i guess your in America but ...
I was just playing around on google because last night i watched last year's Maggie Berry's royal Christmas special and she has amazing pearls
And i found this

We would normally make this pearl necklace to a standard 18” length but as they are made to order, we are also able to offer longer lengths with more pearl stations. We are also able to offer this necklace using round, irregular or coin cultured freshwater pearls, please contact us for further details and a quote.

All lengths are made to order with approximately 5 weeks production and delivery time, currently January 2021

The 18” necklace has 7 pearl stations, the 20”and 22” necklaces have 9 pearl stations.

18 inches 7 stations £400

20 inches 9 stations £450

22 inches 9 stations £475

Bracelet 5 stations £300

If you would like to order and live in Australia, New Zealand, USA or Canada, please call on +44 1823 480550

Edit for me with a much weaker currency im definatly better to buy the pearls myself and do it myself or find someone local

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results