shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to find best quality blue moonstone

LC2016

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I'm currently having a great love with blue moonstone and would like to know where I can get a transparent moonstone that are both heavy in carat (5carat +) and have a strong glow.

BTW, can I also have a look at your moonstone collection so that I can have an idea on good quality moonstone.

Thanks alot for the help!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So you need to decide on the type you want. Its not really enough to say "blue" as there are 2 types.

Rainbow moonstone, which is not orthoclase but labradorite, is probably going to be a bit easier to get. You can get some with strong blues.

http://www.gia.edu/moonstone-description

I think you should read a bit on the 2 types as that can govern where you decide to go.

A well centered strong blue glow will be quite pricey, and of course the bigger the more it can cost.

LC2016

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies. Actually I am happy with either a blue and transparent labradorite or a real moonstone (although I'm not quite sure how to locate these). So would like to ask you guys opinion as to where to source a big carat, eye clear moonstone/labradorite with strong sheen.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results