shape
carat
color
clarity

where to buy sapphire pairs

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
I would love to have a pair of oval shaped pink sapphires for stud earrings, baby pink in color. I have purchased sapphires in past from Jeff White but I don't think he does pairs. Where to buy some nice stones, any suggestions?

JTV has some pink pairs... =)2

So does the NSC...

Africa Gems also carries them. They must share a supplier with JTV, because Marc often has some of the same stones. So I'd just choose the better price, of course. Happy hunting!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to have a pair of oval shaped pink sapphires for stud earrings, baby pink in color. I have purchased sapphires in past from Jeff White but I don't think he does pairs. Where to buy some nice stones, any suggestions?

Jeff W will cut pairs as long as he has suitable roughs to be cut into pairs.

He had cut 2 pairs for me so far, one is a pair of step cut Morganite traps to go with the Aqua he had cut for me, and the other was a pair of pink Spinel cushions to go with a blue Zircon in the same cut design.

DK :))

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
JTV has some pink pairs... =)2

So does the NSC...

Africa Gems also carries them. They must share a supplier with JTV, because Marc often has some of the same stones. So I'd just choose the better price, of course. Happy hunting!

Thank you, I did look at NSC but I read some mixed reviews so was a bit nervous as I have never used them before. Really not looking to spend a huge amount on these so some of their lower priced options may be what I am looking for.

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Africa gems.

I got mine from AJs but they were going out of business and then they aren’t so it’s a bit sketchy to me with them lately. I would urge caution with them right now.

I had never looked there before but they have some really pretty stones, any particular reason you would be concerned about buying there other than the going out of business thing? Thanks!!

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock

He had cut 2 pairs for me so far, one is a pair of step cut Morganite traps to go with the Aqua he had cut for me, and the other was a pair of pink Spinel cushions to go with a blue Zircon in the same cut design.

Good to know for the future thanks! I have only bought 3 single sapphires from him in the past. I do think though for these earrings I probably want to spend less than what he'd likely cost though.

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Ok I have not had enough coffee this morning to be on this forum or thinking about this project. I got all confused thinking the comments and the posted thread were referencing Africa Gems but it looks like they are referencing AJS gems. Maybe I should put this research off til sometime between coffee time and wine time :confused:

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Africa gems.

I got mine from AJs but they were going out of business and then they aren’t so it’s a bit sketchy to me with them lately. I would urge caution with them right now.

Also did you do a pink sapphire earring project, is that what you got from AJS and if so I would so love to see pictures =)2

Thank you, I did look at NSC but I read some mixed reviews so was a bit nervous as I have never used them before. Really not looking to spend a huge amount on these so some of their lower priced options may be what I am looking for.

Yes, several years back, the owner was granted an order by the court allowing him to have supposedly unfair feedback removed. He then used that order to try and illegally suppress a couple of other online reviews. :roll2: While I don't want to minimize the severity of that misdeed, I haven't seen an instance where someone actually received a stone that was misrepresented. I've purchased a few sapphires from them (ask for Lauren), and it was a very pleasant experience. She's really great about sending comparison photos and videos in different lightings. One stone I bought was already certified (GIA), and I had the other two done by AGL myself. All was well. But you definitely have some other great choices too. I look forward to seeing what you ultimately select!! :geek2:

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, several years back, the owner was granted an order by the court allowing him to have supposedly unfair feedback removed. He then used that order to try and illegally suppress a couple of other online reviews. :roll2: While I don't want to minimize the severity of that misdeed, I haven't seen an instance where someone actually received a stone that was misrepresented. I've purchased a few sapphires from them (ask for Lauren), and it was a very pleasant experience. She's really great about sending comparison photos and videos in different lightings. One stone I bought was already certified (GIA), and I had the other two done by AGL myself. All was well. But you definitely have some other great choices too. I look forward to seeing what you ultimately select!! :geek2:

Thank you for the info!

Ok I have not had enough coffee this morning to be on this forum or thinking about this project. I got all confused thinking the comments and the posted thread were referencing Africa Gems but it looks like they are referencing AJS gems. Maybe I should put this research off til sometime between coffee time and wine time :confused:

I would definitely recommend Africa Gems over AJS. They're in the US and Marc is lovely to work with (plus they offer free returns). Some of us have had issues with AJS over the years.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I mentioned both. Africa Gems in California is a place I have had good luck with.

AJs in Bangkok is the one I wouldn’t recommend at the moment.

I didn’t do a pink sapphire project. I made blue sapphire studs.

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
I mentioned both. Africa Gems in California is a place I have had good luck with.

AJs in Bangkok is the one I wouldn’t recommend at the moment.

I didn’t do a pink sapphire project. I made blue sapphire studs.
AD343D65-2E57-422D-AB32-F622F7FE5E15.jpeg

Oh wow those are gorgeous thank you for sharing!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would also consider reaching out to Yvonne at Cecile Raley Designs. https://www.etsy.com/shop/CecileRaleyDesigns

I didn't see what you are looking for in her shop but she doesn't have all of her inventory up -and- she is taking requests for her upcoming trip to the Tucson shows.

Also, would you consider pink spinels? I've seen some gorgeous soft pink spinels if color is what you are after.

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
I would also consider reaching out to Yvonne at Cecile Raley Designs. https://www.etsy.com/shop/CecileRaleyDesigns

I didn't see what you are looking for in her shop but she doesn't have all of her inventory up -and- she is taking requests for her upcoming trip to the Tucson shows.

Also, would you consider pink spinels? I've seen some gorgeous soft pink spinels if color is what you are after.

I hadn't thought of her shop, thank you!

I really hadn't thought of spinel, not that I am opposed to it just didn't really think of it as an alternative, I guess I never see spinel pairs for sale in my online browsing.

JSG2185

Shiny_Rock
I used Africa gems for a pair of small sapphire earrings. They are great, I recommend them.

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock

I am actually now considering a pair of pink spinels for this project instead of sapphire, this will be my first time using something other than sapphire, thanks for the tip!

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks for the tip, I have reached out to him and he's probably going to be cutting me a pair of oval shaped pink spinels for this project!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results