shape
carat
color
clarity

WHERE TO BUY NATURAL SAPPHIRE IN NEW YORK CITY?

shoetrip

Rough_Rock
Hello all, I am looking to purchase a round blue natural sapphire in NYC from a reputable dealer. I have already visited the national sapphire company but this town seems to be dominated by diamond merchants.
I would even welcome reputable online merchants but i prefer to see the stones in person.

Please advise
Thank you.

shoetrip

Rough_Rock
Also let me specify that I am looking for a loose stone to mount into a 3 stone ring. I have found some cushion cuts and ovals but very few round cuts in the 1.50-2ct range

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I know you said you weren't interested in online but Jeff White cuts amazing round blue sapphires. Many of the sapphires on PS are from him. I would contact him personally if I were looking for a sapphire. He can take pictures and ship you the stone. If you dont' like it you just return it.

http://www.whitesgems.com/

blueberry4.jpg

gongli

Rough_Rock
i don't know where to buy sapphire in nyc, but if you do find out, then before making your final selection you might also want to possibly comparison shop against some websites, such as wildfish, simplysapphires, multicolour, lots of others in a sticky post at the top of the forum.

shoetrip

Rough_Rock
Sarahbear621 if that ring is an example of his work then I will definitely take a look @ the site. Thank u

shoetrip

Rough_Rock
I am beginning to think that the NYC diamond district does not have much of a market in sapphires.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
He didn't create the ring but the sapphire is his. If you search PS for Jeff White you will see many sapphires that are stunning that he has cut. You will need to contact Jeff directly to see what he has. I would be specific with what size you want and roughly what color. If you have an inspiration picture that is the best as I have learned on PS that "royal blue" or "cornflower blue" can be various different shades- it is all perspective of course.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
shoetrip|1318482206|3039125 said:
I am beginning to think that the NYC diamond district does not have much of a market in sapphires.

It does, if you poke around the exchanges. That said, please exercise caution.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results