shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to buy insurance for your jewelry?

Legend

Rough_Rock
Trade
I have a ring that need to insure, can anyone let me know which company has good coverage and cheap premium please?
I shopped at Statefarm, it is okay but i have to pay $61 application fees
Jeweler mutual cost too much. I don't know what other company cost are, any suggestions? thanks.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I use Jewelers mutual and was happy with the premium relative to the coverage and what was offered elsewhere.

But you should try your owon homeowners insurance, you can usually add a rider about the ring, specifically. If the ring is under $5000 you may not need to make it a rider at all on homeowners insurance, since anything in the home is covered (with conditions and deductible of course).

Without homeowners insurance, most people seem to like freestanding insurance from JM, or Chubb (which costs more), because they either allow cash out in th event of loss (chubb) or allow you to replace your diamond and ring from the jeweler of your choice, essential if you own a branded cut or have an upgrade policy you wish to keep intact in the event of a replacement.

Legend

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank, I checked them out and they are about same price as State Farm + application fees... Insure for $28k. My HO Ins quoted for $540 :( , Statefarm $335, JM I remember it was about $395

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
For 28k coverage, $360 is not bad or about 1.3% value of your coverage. Mine was more like 2% and only covering for much smaller cheaper piece.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results