shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to buy Inexpensive Platnium or Silver Chain

Hello

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I proposed in January and Pricesope was an amazing resource for diamond/ring education. I now now more about Diamonds than I ever thought I would. My finished ring was purchased from James Allen and my gal loves it... she gets compliments everyday.

Professionally, my fiance is a hair dresser and i would like to get her a nice necklace, so when she is working with chemicals, she could put her ring around her neck.

from my online searches, it appears that many stores, including Amazon, sell Silver Chains, but few sell Platinum at a reasonable cost. James Allen does not sell Chains. Blue Nile does sell platinum chains, although how is the quality?

Does anybody have a recommendation on where to buy a fairly inexpensive high quality chain? Would prefer to go platinum if the price was under $100.

Thank you

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also would go with something designed to hold a ring - I especially wouldn't want a chain with clearly-delineated links, as that'll scratch up the ring.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You will not find a platinum chain for under $100. Platinum is a much more expensive metal than silver!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My advice is to go with white gold. I would want it to be nice quality but wg would cost less than platinum.

Sagefemme

Shiny_Rock
Platinum's properties that make it superior for rings/prongs/holding stones safely/ are not needed in a plain chain for around your neck, which is why most people would not pay the price for a platinum chain. You don't see many around. White gold or sterling silver work great for chains and are much more reasonably priced.

Hello

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the suggestions.

I ended up buying a Wishbone Sterling Silver Style Chain for Etsy. Sounds like the wishbone / Sterling Silver is the best route for my gal.

appreciate the words. Pricescope is amazing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results