shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to buy Cartier Tank Francaise?

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! My 40th is coming up in August, and my husband told me to pick out a gift. Even though in my circle the Cartier Tank Francaise has risen in popularity in the last couple of years, which makes it a tad less appealing, I've wanted one since I was in my 20s. I debated between that, a small diamond eternity or a new bag. I think I've decided on the watch. Now I just need to decide where to buy? We have Cartier about 15 minutes away so of course I can just go there but I thought I recall Diamondseeker purchased hers for a slight discount online?

ps I would actually love a vintage Cartier watch but am too nervous about spending a lot of money for something that could be a fake..

Any advice is very welcome! Thank you!! :D

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like to know where to buy one too, although I am looking for the Ballon Bleu. What dealers are reliable online?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why not just find authorized dealers via Cartier's website?
At the bottom of their home page click on "SELECT YOUR COUNTRY".

... that is unless you are one of many who think they can get the full real deal, just cheaper by going to non-authorized vendors.
If so, buyer beware.
You won't get a warranty from Cartier itself.
You might get a fake, used, or returned watch, or maybe nothing at all for your money.

Feeling lucky? :think:

Last edited:

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Kenny! I definitely could look at their website for an authorized dealer - or just pop down the road to Cartier and buy the watch there. But I distinctly recall Diamondseeker saying she purchased her Cartier online - with one of the authorized dealers - but they had some kind of discount gift card program which allowed her to save money. I do NOT want to gamble with receiving what may or may not be the real deal.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know I got an offer at a Chinese jewelry store (a chain in Hong Kong, and here in a California) authorized dealer for less than in-store. And they were gonna give me a gift card towards another jewelry purchase, too.

But I ended up wanting preowned after seeing the jewelry sales associate's 15 year old Tank that looked brand new and is the exact style. My cheapass wants cheap price.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I reached out to DS about this a few years back.The discount DS referred to was a one off holiday thing. I contacted the store she bought her watch from as well as @Dancing Fire 's referral of George Mayer at Govberg in Philly. Govberg had better pricing for the watch I wanted - JLC. I believe Govberg is also an authorized dealer for Cartier.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you considered truefacet? I have bought a Cartier ring there that seemed legit to me.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I reached out to DS about this a few years back.The discount DS referred to was a one off holiday thing. I contacted the store she bought her watch from as well as @Dancing Fire 's referral of George Mayer at Govberg in Philly. Govberg had better pricing for the watch I wanted - JLC. I believe Govberg is also an authorized dealer for Cartier.
Yup, and be sure to ask for a big discount!..;-)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! My 40th is coming up in August, and my husband told me to pick out a gift. Even though in my circle the Cartier Tank Francaise has risen in popularity in the last couple of years, which makes it a tad less appealing,
Any advice is very welcome! Thank you!! :D
What is the reference # of the watch?

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why not just find authorized dealers via Cartier's website?
At the bottom of their home page click on "SELECT YOUR COUNTRY".
... that is unless you are one of many who think they can get the full real deal, just cheaper by going to non-authorized vendors.
If so, buyer beware.
You won't get a warranty from Cartier itself.
You might get a fake, used, or returned watch, or maybe nothing at all for your money.
Feeling lucky? :think:
Well, Cartier's warranty isn't much of a much nowadays (it's been decades since their watches came with a lifetime warranty). It's just a 2-year warranty -- same as a $50 Swatch (and Swatch gives original owners free battery changes for life); look at all of Cartier's exclusions & you'll see it's really nothing than a warranty against defect(s) in manufacturing. Which is par for the course, but nothing to get excited about.
http://www.cartier.com/en-us/servic...ches/cartier-limited-warranty-usa-canada.html

Because any manufacturing defect that Cartier warranty covers would show up in the first 2 years of its life, I think you could be very comfortable buying a pre-owned Cartier -- with an intact serial number --more than 2 years old from a reputable watch dealer/jeweler.

(I myself would not flatly rule out "gray market" watches -- old stock/overstock from an authorized dealer where the serial numbers have been scratched/polished out -- offered by a reputable seller of these, but it sounds as if going that route would be above your comfort level.)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, people vary.
No problem.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too late to edit ^ It's the men's model, sorry!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would actually prefer to buy a pre-owned watch. I could buy a new one, but buying a pre-owned one not only saves me a couple thousand dollars but also makes owning it a little less of a worry. If it already has a little wear, I won't worry how much I put on it. I feel the very same way about buying Tiffany. I only buy pre-loved-with the exception of a few silver pieces. What about Jomashop?

DF, my husband was just given a family heirloom of a Hamilton pocket watch from the early 1900's. Do you know anything about them?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would actually prefer to buy a pre-owned watch. I could buy a new one, but buying a pre-owned one not only saves me a couple thousand dollars but also makes owning it a little less of a worry. If it already has a little wear, I won't worry how much I put on it. I feel the very same way about buying Tiffany. I only buy pre-loved-with the exception of a few silver pieces. What about Jomashop?

DF, my husband was just given a family heirloom of a Hamilton pocket watch from the early 1900's. Do you know anything about them?
sorry, I know nothing about pocket watches.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, PB is right that I got a discount on a Black Friday sale and it has sadly not been offered again or else I would have bought the Ballon Bleu the same way!

The second best deal was govberg. It will at least save you taxes if you don't live in a state where they have stores and maybe a little more. I don't have contact names with me, but ask for the manager and ask what he can do on price. I would absolutely buy new.

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, PB is right that I got a discount on a Black Friday sale and it has sadly not been offered again or else I would have bought the Ballon Bleu the same way!

The second best deal was govberg. It will at least save you taxes if you don't live in a state where they have stores and maybe a little more. I don't have contact names with me, but ask for the manager and ask what he can do on price. I would absolutely buy new.
Hi DS! Thanks! I think I'll just buy from our local Cartier boutique. Are you still enjoying your watch?

Thanks all for the tips!!! :)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please come back with pics!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi DS! Thanks! I think I'll just buy from our local Cartier boutique. Are you still enjoying your watch?

Thanks all for the tips!!! :)

Yes! I love my watch! It works well with my mostly casual wardrobe so I wear it a lot! I do have a couple of other watches but I wear this one the most.

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure if I should start a new thread - I've decided to see if I can find a pre-owned Rolex instead of the Cartier tank. Does anyone know of trusted vendors who sell pre-owned Rolex? There are a lot of sites out there, just not sure if they're trustworthy.

I'm looking for the Datejust in wg/stainless steel either 31mm or 36mm - preferably 36mm and with white dial and diamond markers if possible.

I've found a few options on these sites:
tourneau.com
luxuryofwatches.com

Thanks for any advice!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourneau is too expensive...Here is a trusted seller.
https://davidsw.com/

If I see one from a trusted seller I'll post a link.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not sure if I should start a new thread - I've decided to see if I can find a pre-owned Rolex instead of the Cartier tank. Does anyone know of trusted vendors who sell pre-owned Rolex? There are a lot of sites out there, just not sure if they're trustworthy.

I'm looking for the Datejust in wg/stainless steel either 31mm or 36mm - preferably 36mm and with white dial and diamond markers if possible.

I've found a few options on these sites:
tourneau.com
luxuryofwatches.com

Thanks for any advice!
I have purchased both new and preloved watches with Tourneau

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I highly recommend swisswatchexpo for pre-loved watches. I got my Cartier tank there and it was in brand new condition but almost half price. The owner used to work for Cartier or Omega, so he knows what he is doing. I’ve bought online and been to the shop in Atlanta.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ I was just going to say this

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results