shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to buy 10 point diamonds (about 12) for a Ring?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, what vendor (s) would be recommended to buy 12 or so 10 point diamonds to create a halo? The centre is a 3 carat Ruby so I think H / I / J would be ok, clarity - down to SI would probably be ok.
I’m a bit torn actually, a part of me would love to splurge and get .25 pointers as a halo, but the “hit” to the hip pocket would hurt.
I’m in Australia btw, pricing here requires a kidney - sigh.

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No advice from me, just can’t wait to see how it turns out. So jealous!!!!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You wouldn’t want to have the setting manufactured with the halo? @mochiko42 recently had some awesome stones cut by Yoram, so you can probably either reach out to Yoram or Caysie at CvB to inquire. Also, HPD for H&A meleè. I have a feeling that this will be a stunning ring! :kiss2:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
F5E541E5-AC21-41E7-9B03-E61046F58C89.jpeg I was going to get the setting made here (same guy who did my engagement ring) but supply the melee myself. You pay quite a “premium” here it seems. Here’s the look I’m hoping to achieve, very “standard” but I’ve always loved the classic ruby and diamond look. In white gold, rhodium plated.
PS they are just Swarovski crystals I had lying around.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ask Wink.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink from High Performance Diamonds offered some top cut melee to a PSer a week or two ago email him, explain it doesn't need to be the best cuts just eye clean and a white facing colour and ask for a quote. A cheaper way to do it, if you really want melee stones that large is buy a preloved diamond band or bracelet or something with decent cut eye clean stones in it and chop it up and repurpose the stones. I've got a diamond band that I had listed for sale years ago but the offers I got for it were less than what it would cost me to repurchase the diamonds in it, so I decided to keep it and will use the stones to make a halo or something else when I get the chance one day, but I see people selling them all the time.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
61D6C60E-F90E-4F13-8E0A-522F2CD51A46.jpeg Yes, I was thinking that too, finding another ring and taking the diamonds out. Seems crazy that a “made ring” has diamonds for cheaper than loose!
In my dreams, I would love to find a ring with a crappy centre stone but a beautiful diamond halo so I could do a “switcharoo”!
Ivy and Rose have this setting that l like (very cheap) but I think it’s not enough “presence” for a darkish ruby.

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Have you got a quote from your local guy including the melee? I wonder if it wouldn't all even out by the time you faffed with importing everything.

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
61D6C60E-F90E-4F13-8E0A-522F2CD51A46.jpeg Yes, I was thinking that too, finding another ring and taking the diamonds out. Seems crazy that a “made ring” has diamonds for cheaper than loose!
In my dreams, I would love to find a ring with a crappy centre stone but a beautiful diamond halo so I could do a “switcharoo”!
Ivy and Rose have this setting that l like (very cheap) but I think it’s not enough “presence” for a darkish ruby.
I think a chop chop is a great idea. I was just looking at a garnet cluster on instagram, it wasn't expensive at all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results