shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to best custom order a ring with vintage details (filligree/milgrain

Moissamight

Rough_Rock
611F3E14-CFCC-4BAB-B5C2-81E4C6955EB3.jpeg Hi everyone! I’ve mostly been lurking here, but yesterday, my SO asked about what sort of things I liked in an engagement ring (yay, I can now obsess over engagement rings without embarrassment!!!). I think the plan is to give him a few options and he’ll decide the one. We’re planning to spend under $1500 for the ring, and I know from your posts, Starsgem, Tianyu, and Golden Bird should definitely fall under the $1k range. Now the question is, I tend to get more excited about intricate designs than the purity of the stones, so do you recommend any over the others for a decent milgrain? Here’s an example of along the lines of what I’m thinking, but with an OEC/matching rose gold, or maybe a pear (not sure on the cut...it seems it’s either crushed ice or brilliant for pears, right?). Also, I know Golden Bird will make 10k RG...does Tianyu/Starsgem? I’ve just heard 10k is a bit better for durability, and I’m fine with a more coppery color.

Anyway, sorry for all the questions. I’d love to hear you input, thanks!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Imo, I don’t think any of these vendors do milgrain and intricate detail that well. It requires a lot of skill to do. Why don’t you purchase the moissanite from them and have it set into a setting that fits the bill?

If that is the style you like, I would look at Ivy & Rose as it is their speciality. They are on Etsy and also go by My Diamond Zone on eBay:
http://www.ebaystores.com/MyDiamondZone

Moissamight

Rough_Rock
Imo, I don’t think any of these vendors do milgrain and intricate detail that well. It requires a lot of skill to do. Why don’t you purchase the moissanite from them and have it set into a setting that fits the bill?

If that is the style you like, I would look at Ivy & Rose as it is their speciality. They are on Etsy and also go by My Diamond Zone on eBay:
http://www.ebaystores.com/MyDiamondZone
Thanks for sharing! I’m not in love with any of their settings for my e-ring, but they seem to do fantastic work.

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
David Klass does not have a one-stop shop, but he does beautiful work- go in with a good idea of what you'd like done, however ask about their timeline

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing! I’m not in love with any of their settings for my e-ring, but they seem to do fantastic work.

Where did you get your inspiration picture from? I feel like I’ve seen that style of dainty vintagey e-ring on Etsy. Could you not go to the source and purchase the setting from them?

Moissamight

Rough_Rock
Where did you get your inspiration picture from? I feel like I’ve seen that style of dainty vintagey e-ring on Etsy. Could you not go to the source and purchase the setting from them?
That’s a good point...I suppose the other option is to get mine smooth, and find somewhere else to milgrain it after. I was reading somewhere else that the price isn’t too bad. It doesn’t look like the milgrain in the inspiration pic is that fine compared to David Klass’s stuff, for example.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results