shape
carat
color
clarity

Where have I been?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
Well, since having my miscarriage, I''ve been off the computer lately.
My DH and I have been busy with other things :)
Here are some pics to share :)

JCCS1.JPG

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
That''s me and DAISY at our 1st car show :)
She''s a 1970 Honda N600 restoration project.
DH gave it to me for our ''wedding'' present.

jccs3.JPG

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
This was a Japanese Classic Car Show held annually in Long Beach.
It''s a cute event
All kinds of people show up there
emwink.gif

Jccs2.JPG

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
35.gif
Thanks for letting me share

Hopefully, I''ll have other kinds of news to share in a few months

jccs4.JPG

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I am writing this having seen only the first photo...I just wanted to share my sincerest sympathy to you. I remember following your long ring purchase...and your first choice ended up being what you went with...or so it is as I remember. That ring is so YOU whenever I have seen it outside PS.

I seem to always feel as though we are all friends here...and knowing you have been going through something so devastating...all on your own..without your PS friends is really sad. I do understand. But feel bad we weren''t able to support you in some minute virtual way.

I know your days will never be the same...but I do hope you are finding some comfort in the normalcy of your daily life. Taking one step in front of the other is sometimes our best way to endure.

If I could I would hug you...comfort you...and welcome you back to the fold.

Sincerely...DKS

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh Daisy is a lovely little lady!! What size are her shoes? 13" or less?

We are also car nutts. Restoration is a way of life. I think it takes someone...like us...or Leno to appreciate the details. And the crazy crazy efforts involved. I would not have wanted to search for parts for Daisy. There is not much of a market for part cars like her. Bet you had to pay a pretty penny for a lot of things.

You are such a petite feminine one...Daisy is just right for you!! Thanks for sharing. Any great part stories? Tell us her gas mileage. How fast is she willing to go?

DKS

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Cute Car. Your hubby looks like Jay Leno.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Momma, you are so adorable! Jay Leo looks like a cool guy; great picture! Cute car; thanks for sharing!
35.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Oshinbreeze you are too witty!! Great line...darn it. Wish I had thought of it!!

DKS

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/11/2007 9:28:45 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
Oshinbreeze you are too witty!! Great line...darn it. Wish I had thought of it!!

DKS

Well, he does....lol

Duh....blonde moment.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi Momma Bear! My dear fellow Old Cuts lover! So sorry to hear what you''ve been going through but so glad you''re back. Love the car photos...those cars are about as big as you are...too cute...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome back Momma! I too hope you have good news soon! I wish you all the luck in the world. For now enjoy your son, DH, and cute little car!

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
DKS:
Thanks for the kinds words. I did post my pregnancy and miscarriage on the Pregnant thread.
The girls there and all about PS are great and supportive. I am happy to have these friends.
I''ve just been out and about these past few weeks. Looking for things to focus on and not
dwelling on my loss. I''ve suffered a greater loss (my 1st husband died) than having a miscarriage.
it wasn''t so bad and i was not very far along. I guess it was slight compared to miscarriages
others have had. as far as DAISY.. she wears 10x6 Cosmic wheels. As far as parts, there is one
man in S. Cal. that has the monopoly on 600''s. We are now part of his "Merciless Mings" group.
31.gif

She does really well on the streets. I love doing donuts in our cul-de-sac! on the freeway, she''s
best at 50-60. She fights at about 70! We acid dipped her and she has been stitch welded throughout.
she has has a roll cage
27.gif
in case I take her to rallies.
You are so right about restoration being a way of life. Ironic but this project was so symbolic
of my life! from a rusty bucket to a bright little Belle. It feels good to be renewed!

Surfgirl:
i can hug the hood of my car :)
it makes for great times, cruzing around town and listening to the Ventures or green onions

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to see you again MommaBear! So sorry for your losses, my deepest condolences to you regarding the miscarriage and your 1st husband.

I love your latest wheels, "Daisy" is beautiful and it''s cool that you have such a fun hobby besides diamonds!!! Your pics are great, you are beautiful and I love the pic of you and Leno--too cool!

I hope we get to "see" more of you on PS, it''s always nice to read your posts and see how you''re doing. Don''t be a stranger now!

lili

Ideal_Rock
MB,
Glad to see you smiling and enjoying yourself.
Your car is so cute, just like you.
I love the personal touch of the Hello Kitty sticker on the back window :)
Anyway, hope to see you soon in the other thread
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results