shape
carat
color
clarity

Where does your diamonds perform the best?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my diamond put on a great performance at my neighborhood Taco Bell. I don't know the type of lighting that was on the ceiling but it was throwing out all the colors of the rainbow like crazy!... :love: :dance:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going to have to stop at Taco Bell now. Mine really goes to town in our Lowes. I hate wandering a hardware store but DH can get me in there just because of the lighting.

LetItShine

Shiny_Rock
Of all the places...CHURCH! It almost feels sinful admiring it:) It throws off so much colorful fire it amazes me. It must be the combination of low lighting and stained glass windows. It isn't large by PS standards (1.40 ct) but I frequently catch people eyeing it.

julesxxxooo

Rough_Rock
My diamond looks amazing in the drum of my new washing machine. Guess it gives me some incentive to do laundry.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Sam's Club! My BGD Blue (aka Time Stealer) puts on an amazing fireworks show every time I go there.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LetItShine|1425437249|3841548 said:
Of all the places...CHURCH! It almost feels sinful admiring it:) It throws off so much colorful fire it amazes me. It must be the combination of low lighting and stained glass windows. It isn't large by PS standards (1.40 ct) but I frequently catch people eyeing it.

:lol: I have had the exact same experience (other than we don't have stained glass)! I have to use a lot of restraint to just not look once the service starts! :halo:

But my number one place is WalMart. Great lighting in there and I just put my hands on the cart handle and watch that baby flash all kinds of color and sparkle! I've wanted to try to take pictures of it in there but I havent figured out a way to do that discreetly! :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
julesxxxooo|1425437582|3841551 said:
My diamond looks amazing in the drum of my new washing machine. Guess it gives me some incentive to do laundry.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The best under shop lighting especially jewellery stores and department stores. And the worst colourwise in my car but it does throw off big flashes of fire and lots of little rainbow sparkles in there as I drive along which is both distracting and cool all at once.....

palmersj

Rough_Rock
I love this thread. :mrgreen:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1425443511|3841571 said:
The best under shop lighting especially jewellery stores and department stores. And the worst colourwise in my car but it does throw off big flashes of fire and lots of little rainbow sparkles in there as I drive along which is both distracting and cool all at once.....

Yes!!! Worst color in the car because light is filtered through tinted glass! I hate that!

baroque

Shiny_Rock
In the meat department at the grocery store! I guess it's actually a known fact according to my jeweler, the special lighting they use to make the meat to look good also makes our sparklies shine!

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
At a church last Saturday where there was a lot of ceiling recessed spotlights !
Otherwise at work.
I am a nurse in Peri Anesthesia Unit ( a little of pre-op prep and lots of direct post op care) where the lights make my OEC (2.335ct, N VS1 AGS excellent/VG) and my wonky OMC(0.76 k?) throw pastel and light flashes like disco balls. I'm surrounded by a lot of big rocks ( anethesists and surgeons , anyone?) But mine has been the talk of the town. Antique cut and amazing facets and symmetry just puzzled people and the size too! ( the setting is quite the real estate coverage).

Jumpin_Jacks

Rough_Rock
This italian place we go once in awhile. It's dimly lit inside but has some overhead spotlights bouncing off the walls and when it catches that lighting, fireball. The waitress even mentioned how nice my ring was.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
My grandmother's diamond, (now mine as a right hand ring) liked to show off and flash color everywhere when I was in my old apartment's elevator (which had tiny but bright overhead lights). It's an old mine cut from the 1930s, I believe.

My uncerted 0.40 studs actually look really great in my car. The other day it was gray and raining and I noticed that they were practically glowing.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My CBI diamond performs in a variety of lighting conditions but looks best when I perform on stage or in our bathroom with multiple recessed LED (7 of them) lights.

Travelgal

Shiny_Rock
At the airport. I always take pictures and send to my significant other with a thank you.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The local jeweler's lighting always gives me a nice hit. Only difference between my diamonds and theirs is that mine still perform when I walk out the door ; )

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Like LetitShine, I tend to notice my diamonds in church. Must be the combination of types of light. Sometimes I have to stop myself from admiring and get back to paying attention.

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The big hall in a hotel where I go for an annual conference is where my diamonds go nuts with rainbows. This last year I had a stranger sitting next to me comment about how beautiful my ring was (and luckily my fiance was sitting on the other side of me to hear.) :dance:

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
KaeKae|1425481902|3841681 said:

Like LetitShine, I tend to notice my diamonds in church. Must be the combination of types of light. Sometimes I have to stop myself from admiring and get back to paying attention.

Yes, same, church for me. I think it's the low lighting. It doesn't matter if it's the upper church (cathedral) or the lower church (crypt), my diamonds always catch my eye and seem extra sparkly there.

kellydean

Rough_Rock
I have to go with Wal-Mart too or any of the big box stores..

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My OEC performs best in public transport 8-)

I love this thread!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="diamondseeker2006|

But my number one place is WalMart. Great lighting in there and I just put my hands on the cart handle and watch that baby flash all kinds of color and sparkle! I've wanted to try to take pictures of it in there but I havent figured out a way to do that discreetly! :lol:[/quote]

Yea, I was thinking about taking pics in front of the cash register inside Taco Bell... :wacko:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1425460439|3841611 said:
The local jeweler's lighting always gives me a nice hit. Only difference between my diamonds and theirs is that mine still perform when I walk out the door ; )
:clap: :lol:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Elevators! Those tiny little spot lights do the trick.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My all time favorite place was in the elevators where I used to work. I have no problem going to Home Depot with my husband. I walk the aisles staring at my ring.

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Big store light i.e. costco its amazing. also between hours of 11-3pm like in car even caught my dad's eyes in car. I try not to get to distracted ;-)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
julesxxxooo|1425437582|3841551 said:
There are lights inside a washing machine?.. :confused:

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite (for my OEC) is under a colorful umbrella (e.g. patio umbrella) on a sunny day. It reflects all the colors in big dollops and I can see the crisp petal facet pattern so well!

(Second favorite: airport, but only one particular terminal, where the fire is just ridiculous. Never seen it throw so many colors in spotlight-type lighting anywhere else.)

Mrs2Ouch

Rough_Rock
Of all places, Krispy Kreme! It was a new KK and I don't know if the lighting is different there but it blinded my fiancé and me!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results