shape
carat
color
clarity

Where do your beauties sleep at night?

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me four. Safes are bolted into wall and floor. But I just found out from dh that our fireproof safe is not fireproof for more than a certain amount of time. I have to find out the details. Do you girls know how long your fireproof safe is fire proof for? I always thought fireproof meant completely fireproof but my dh just told me no it is only safe for a certain amount of time...

he told me but I don't remember :( I'll have to ask I want to say something like an 90 minutes

BlingBlingLova

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My rings sleep, beside my bed, safe and sound. It's IMG_2267.JPG IMG_2268.JPG

It's a candle votive holder that I use for my rings but it sure is heavy! That makes it hard for it to get knocked down.

FinleysMom

Shiny_Rock
Premium
A few years ago a neighborS’ house was robbed while everyone was at work. Her costume jewelry was in the jewelry box....on the dresser. yep. They made off with her costume! The real baubles were safe on the necklace stand and rings in a bowl...on the same dresser. No one was hurt...mno damage otherwise. They tied the dog up outside but no harm was done to the pooch. Punks!

FM

FinleysMom

Shiny_Rock
Premium
A quilting friend stores her fine jewelry in her sewing room.. our sewing rooms always look ransacked so valuables are SAFE there! And , yes, she was robbed once....baubles were not touched.
FM

JoseeCL

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm guessing your mean Benelli firearms and not motorcycles? :think:
Unless that's a very large safe.

Your London Wolf is beautiful!

So thoughtful of you to provide sleeping arrangements that are in accordance with their style. =)2

Yes Benelli shotgun

JoseeCL

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My rings sleep, beside my bed, safe and sound. It's IMG_2267.JPG IMG_2268.JPG

It's a candle votive holder that I use for my rings but it sure is heavy! That makes it hard for it to get knocked down.

That's beautiful! :love:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few years ago a neighborS’ house was robbed while everyone was at work. Her costume jewelry was in the jewelry box....on the dresser. yep. They made off with her costume! The real baubles were safe on the necklace stand and rings in a bowl...on the same dresser. No one was hurt...mno damage otherwise. They tied the dog up outside but no harm was done to the pooch. Punks!

FM

Ha, I have one of the very large jewelry armoires that scream "come steal me". I keep a couple old pieces in there knowing that if we get robbed those will go and they will never find the good stuff. LOL

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My costume jewelry and semiprecious gems/silver stuff that doesn't hold much sentimental value is in several jewelry boxes all over the place and one of those hanging things that goes in the closet. My fine jewelry and stuff with a lot of sentimental value lives in the safe, except for what I have out that day. If I forget to put things back in the safe they end up all over the house though - I'm constantly finding necklaces I dropped into the silverware drawer or rings shoved into the soap drawer in the bathroom. :whistle:

For travel I have a little leather Wolf thing:
https://www.wolf1834.com/item/308553/travel-jewelry-cases/

And yeah, most safes are only fireproof for a certain amount of time. I think 90 minutes is pretty standard.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My jewelry box fits in my oven so that's where it stays. Don't laugh.....it's a 1955 Chambers that is solid cast iron. If the house burns down my jewelry is safe from harm. As a matter of fact, I have the original paperwork for the stove and it suggests that valuables should be kept in it for their protection.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My beauties sleep in a jewelry box hidden in the house. My house is pretty cool in that it has some great hiding spaces and even a hidden "in case of zombie apocalypse" hidden tunnel exit out of the house.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My jewelry box fits in my oven so that's where it stays. Don't laugh.....it's a 1955 Chambers that is solid cast iron. If the house burns down my jewelry is safe from harm. As a matter of fact, I have the original paperwork for the stove and it suggests that valuables should be kept in it for their protection.

:appl:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the original paperwork for the stove and it suggests that valuables should be kept in it for their protection.

Genious !

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you know how it came to be ?

Gotta pester my real estate agent !

The previous owner built the house himself so I do not know exactly how it came to be.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Carrying on the theme 2012-07-20_11.jpg 2012-05-15_13.jpg
The others live in a safe when I leave the house, or on a ring holder kept on my dresser overnight/while I'm cleaning, etc.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results