shape
carat
color
clarity

Where do you get your chains from?

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am in the process of getting a new pendant made for my birthday. But of course, I need something to put it on and I was wondering where PSers get their chains?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got mine when I was last in Hong Kong. It is 18K WG about 1.5mm wide, a rounded box chain, made in Italy.
Such thickness in WG is impossible to find in UK.

DK :))

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I buy all mine second hand via jewellery auctions or even eBay.
Mainly because I can buy them for a little over “melt value” (no retail mark up, no taxes etc).
As long as I can be sure of it’s gold content, a quick clean and they are just as good as new.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have bought most of mine on Ebay or Overstock. I am a big fan of 1mm box chains and can usually find a really good price on either of those places.

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you all! I would never have thought of some of these.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My last one came from Stuller. I looked at the jeweler's stuller book and then my jeweler ordered what I picked out.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sarraf.com is where Caysie (cvb) recommends for chains. I have 3 and the quality and price is great.

Thank you for this! They have a toggle bracelet in WG, that looks like the Tiffany&Co one in silver, for even cheaper. Deal of the year!!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ebay!
But make sure you check the weight of the chain. Some chains look good in the photos,
but are lightweight. If the vendor doesn't list the weight, you don't know what you're getting.
I need a quality chain to feel safe wearing my diamond/gemstone pendants.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I buy mine on Sarraf.com too.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for this! They have a toggle bracelet in WG, that looks like the Tiffany&Co one in silver, for even cheaper. Deal of the year!!

and there is a 10% discount code with the word discount. At least for today and probably they run a discount often but just wanted to post in case you are thinking of purchasing soon.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

@dkata did you get the bracelet? I was looking at the yg one and wondered if the silver one was nice. What size link did you get? Can I see a wrist shot? Lol, that sounds almost scandalous! :lol:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Antique and preloved gold chains - Ebay, Rubylane, and Etsy....

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarraf.com is where Caysie (cvb) recommends for chains. I have 3 and the quality and price is great.

Wow!! Thanks for this -- these are a great deal!!! I'm wanting an 18K box chain, and the prices are really good here!

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
I'm happy with the rolo chain I recently bought from Costco. But they only have 14k, no 18k.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results