shape
carat
color
clarity

Where do you buy your work pants at?

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
I am in the market for new pants! The ones I currently own, have held together for 4 years now. I'm so happy they've stayed with me so long.
I got them from Old Navy, which has the right look for me(I work at a university doing paper work, previously working in a bank.)
The biggest(no pun intended) problem I have is finding something that can accommodate my hips and my short legs. I'm not above using a needle and thread!

So where do you get your pants that are reasonably priced, stay together for a long time and look good?

Oh, the stores I'm able to go to are extremely limited(The Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Nordstrom's, Sears, JCPenny.) Shipping is limited too because most places charge almost $20 in shipping.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I visit thrift stores weekly.

Since I'm a fabric-snob, I hold out for like-new 100%-cotton, $50+ pants but usually pay under $5.
I also use a seam-ripper to carefully remove any designer logos.

I won't be a walking ad unless they mail me checks.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
If you can get to an Express, that is my favorite place. I have several pairs of their editor pants in different textures and colors.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lol i buy mine at Walmart :lol: I work from home so my work pants are sweat pants :wink2: when I worked in the office we were casual 99% of the time so I dont have to buy to many pants, I think the last real dress pants I bought was at Kohls.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
I buy them from Macys. Their Style and Co line fits me the best since my waist is two sizes smaller than my butt (thankfully it's more of a jlo booty and not a horrible bubble butt :cheeky: ). They also don't seem to fade much which is great since black pants are my staple.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
I often buy work pants at new york and company or the limited. Im in love with ny&c "city knit" pants bc they feel like sweat pants, yet are dressy enough for the office, and have elastic waistbands....

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
New York and Company. I can always find pants on clearance there.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
I recently got some "not your daughter's jeans" chinos that I am in love with. They fit very nicely. I hate work pants (wear skirts) so I was pleasantly surprised by these.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I like New York and Company!

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
OUpeargirl|1301622343|2884762 said:
If you can get to an Express, that is my favorite place. I have several pairs of their editor pants in different textures and colors.

This! All of my work pants are editor pants!

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
TJ Maxx & Marshalls are great places to find a big variety of brands and styles...

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I get most of mine at Banana Republic or Ann Taylor.

crhq5c

Rough_Rock
If you have a Banana Republic Outlet by you, they have a lot of great pants at great prices... especially if they are on sale!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Banana Republic for every single pair of work pants I own. They just happen to fit me extremely well and come with a very long inseam (if you order online). Sounds like you have the opposite problem though. I also have small hips relative to my waist size, so their pants might not fit you as well (though they do have different cuts).

I got "nice" work pants there when I was at my last job (wool and similar types) and I recently got my khakis there when I started a job at a more casual office. I've had some of their pants for well over four years and wore them weekly and they still look great.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Elrohwen|1301668112|2885087 said:
Banana Republic for every single pair of work pants I own. They just happen to fit me extremely well and come with a very long inseam (if you order online). Sounds like you have the opposite problem though. I also have small hips relative to my waist size, so their pants might not fit you as well (though they do have different cuts).

I got "nice" work pants there when I was at my last job (wool and similar types) and I recently got my khakis there when I started a job at a more casual office. I've had some of their pants for well over four years and wore them weekly and they still look great.

Ditto Elro! I love BR pants and they fit me perfectly. I went on a pants mission when I started a new job with a dressier dress code and they just fit me best. I think it depends on your body type, though. Ann Taylor pants run shorter and seemed like they would fit a curvier figure the best, so that might be a good place to start. If you sign up for their email list they CONSTANTLY send out information on sales, free shipping, etc., so it would probably be worth it to try some.

When I shop online and I'm not sure what size I'll need or what style I'll want I usually order both sizes or styles and just return whichever doesn't work. Many companies offer either free return shipping or will deduct the cost of a Smart Label from your refund and it's usually only $5, so I think it's worth just ordering all possibilities and then returning whatever doesn't work.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I think Gap is currently having a sale right now.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Try Ann Taylor's curvy petite line.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I work in a business casual type of environment, so I wear professional, but not 'suity' pants at work. JM Collection from Macy's always works for me, because they have a 'Short' option as well as the usual Average, Petite, and Tall. 'Short' is longer than a petite size and just right the right length for me to wear with heels.

They're a great price, available online, and machine washable. If you live near a Macy's, more colors are available in-store.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charter Club at Macy's is a good option. They have petite, and even "short" and "regular" within the petite (but be careful becuase the short petites are for like lilliputians and garden nomes... ). The do basic colors, and some subtle paterns (think black/dark grey houndtooth, that sort of thing). And best of all they are *washable.* I would rather poke out my own eyeball than have to deal with dry cleaning, so this is important to me! I think they are generally $39.98 or so, but they are rarely on sale becuase they are considered part of the "everyday values" so Macy's won't let you use a coupon with them.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know you said that your options were limited, but is there a Macy's near you? I buy most of my clothes there. The prices are generally pretty good and there are always coupons available. Sometimes I'll even find things at Kohl's. I don't work in an environment that requires business attire, so I can get away with dressing fairly casually (black pants or khakis, usually).

LGK

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1301616099|2884697 said:
I visit thrift stores weekly.

Since I'm a fabric-snob, I hold out for like-new 100%-cotton, $50+ pants but usually pay under $5.
I also use a seam-ripper to carefully remove any designer logos.

I won't be a walking ad unless they mail me checks.
Heck yes. I have found some KILLER deals on used clothes at thrift stores and on ebay- I almost never buy new clothing except undies :bigsmile: . Thrift stores would be best for pants since you can try on. Takes a bit of patience but you can find vintage and/or designer clothing for very little sometimes. And it's entertaining :bigsmile:

(My two favoritest finds recently was a perfect, pristine condtion '50s Schiaparelli curly wool coat with mink collar and silk lining for $99- sells for like $1800 on ebay. And an unworn, burgundy silk velvet blazer from Nordstroms for $8 at Goodwill.)

Astra

Rough_Rock
Uniform Destination =)

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I get all my work pants from the Limited or Express. I like them because every style comes in short, regular and long.

I don't know if they would work for your body type because I have the exact opposite problem (lack of hips and butt) and it seems that these 2 brands are made for non-existent booty.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
jaysonsmom|1301942964|2887572 said:
I get all my work pants from the Limited or Express. I like them because every style comes in short, regular and long.

I don't know if they would work for your body type because I have the exact opposite problem (lack of hips and butt) and it seems that these 2 brands are made for non-existent booty.

I seem to have that issue at express (which seems geared toward a younger body) but Limited pants work fine for the hippy girl. Most of my casual work pants are from the limited.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I usually buy them at Ann Taylor, but I usually have to then get additional tailoring (no pun intended). I think it sounds like their curvy petite pants would work for you. I used to have a lot of success at Arden B, but now they have gone all nightclub-tastic, so I can no longer shop there unless I'm in the market for Vegas-wear.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Macys

My favorite are Worthington -- they've got a great selection of different fits within each size.
(and they hold together wonderfully... I wore the exact same pair of pants EVERY day for two YEARS (with washing at least every other day) and they were still in okay condition (no tears, rips, spots, fading, etc) when I replaced them)

ETA: I think FI may have a point... I need to buy clothes more often :oops:

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results