shape
carat
color
clarity

Where do I buy earring drops/charms?

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
26F40E97-2C3E-45C3-AA5B-E41BD927451D.jpeg 271FA1D8-EC8A-4437-AD74-8AE724014E8B.jpeg B855FA4D-AC25-4849-B514-640525A70727.jpeg B24F8134-43C4-48DC-B550-98A30C26BB6A.jpeg Okay, shitty shitty photos. It’s harder than it looks to get colours. Mine are all washed out. Badly.

Freshwater pearl
Light blue spinel
Moss aquamarine (on a hook, but could be on a hoop easily)
Lemon topaz and London blue topaz (again on a hook but I used to hand the lemon topaz on a huggie hoop)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Begonia, those look pretty! I like them all.

My dangles arrived today, here are the green balls...they're a little larger than I thought...and kind of heavy? But I haven't worn dangles in a long time. Not sure if I'll keep them. This project might be more trouble than it's worth LOL!
217B9473-377D-4766-85F7-AE8C6D20B04C.jpeg

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I like them. Great size and color but if they don’t work for you, I get it. What about a smaller pearl, perhaps in a light orangey peach? With your gorgeous colouring, a faceted citrine round bead would look very pretty IMO.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Begonia! I think I'm sending these back, they're too heavy and they bother my ears. I like the way they look though. I'd love a small pearl or a pink...but it's harder than you'd think to find something online. And the loops on the charm have to be big enough to slide onto the hoops...so kinda tricky finding something that works.

I might revisit the wire wrap style and faceted beads I've been seeing on etsy...I wanted something just a bit dressier but they might be lighter.

@Mamabean, I hope you make out better!

ETA - @Begonia, the pearls you're wearing are really nice. And you made those?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
26F40E97-2C3E-45C3-AA5B-E41BD927451D.jpeg 271FA1D8-EC8A-4437-AD74-8AE724014E8B.jpeg B855FA4D-AC25-4849-B514-640525A70727.jpeg B24F8134-43C4-48DC-B550-98A30C26BB6A.jpeg Okay, shitty shitty photos. It’s harder than it looks to get colours. Mine are all washed out. Badly.

Freshwater pearl
Light blue spinel
Moss aquamarine (on a hook, but could be on a hoop easily)
Lemon topaz and London blue topaz (again on a hook but I used to hand the lemon topaz on a huggie hoop)
They look great @Begonia! You made these? If you did I’m impressed!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Begonia! I think I'm sending these back, they're too heavy and they bother my ears. I like the way they look though. I'd love a small pearl or a pink...but it's harder than you'd think to find something online. And the loops on the charm have to be big enough to slide onto the hoops...so kinda tricky finding something that works.

I might revisit the wire wrap style and faceted beads I've been seeing on etsy...I wanted something just a bit dressier but they might be lighter.

@Mamabean, I hope you make out better!

ETA - @Begonia, the pearls you're wearing are really nice. And you made those?
@junebug17 It looks so pretty on you...I would have purchased them but I wanted blue..I don’t wear green..I like the shape of your better than what I got..but mine were cheap...I felt like they would be testers to see if they would work with my huggies. Since I bought mine from Etsy it will probably be a while before I get them. I bought two others besides the blue ones. One is a sort of a deep pinky rose color. I’m not fond of the silver ornamentation on the pinky ones..but they were cheap and a good test.
261DB6F1-D84E-41AD-9671-9B5B4C3D9BB1.png

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
9F587FB5-4B43-419D-9DE3-D313383C1800.jpeg Yup. Been beading for years. I really think you could have some fun here. I have pearl drops (freshwater mostly), in all colours. All my hoops - from huggies to large ones have dangles. Silver wire and gold filled wire is readily available. If you live in a large city, most bead stores offer free classes on simple wire wrapping, or you can YouTube. All you need a round nose pliers and wire cutters. It will open up a whole world for you in terms of earrings, and all jewellery really. I tear apart my old stuff (say grandma’s pearl necklace you never wear) and renovate it.

Pearl paradise has the option to buy single drilled pearls like akoyas, if you want a higher end drop. I find rounds, faceted rounds and perhaps a small faceted square bead looks the best dangled off a hoop.
My extremely messy bead tray above!

I buy most of the hooks, but those hoops I made from a thicker gauge of wire. Sterling silver.

Last edited:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
37F864D2-D9B0-4CAC-8260-CED149F153DB.jpeg If you want a thicker loop to hang off a huggie. You use the fatter end of your round nose pliers.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now I’m REALLY impressed @Begonia!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
For instance (I hope I’m not being obnoxious and yapping too much about this?), those little blue drops above can be made for as little as 5 dollars, if they are not semi precious stones. If they are sapphire rondelles, then it might be up around 25 to 30. Lower end sapphires could be made for somewhere in between.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
For instance (I hope I’m not being obnoxious and yapping too much about this?), those little blue drops above can be made for as little as 5 dollars, if they are not semi precious stones. If they are sapphire rondelles, then it might be up around 25 to 30. Lower end sapphires could be made for somewhere in between.
Definitely not @Begonia! I bought three different earring drops.
The first ones are Deep pink Argentina Rhodochrosites..The next are Neon Apatites Teal blue..and the last are blue aquamarine gemstones...I never heard of those gemstones before...except aquamarine.. but they are supposedly real. They were inexpensive so not a huge loss if I don’t like them.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Very nice!!!
All are beautiful stones, and great choices IMO.
Etsy is a great resource for just about everything. Make sure they are pictures of the ones being sent to you, but I’m sure you know that about Etsy :D

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I have been looking for some too! I found some Edison pearl drops that are large on Etsy. I can take a photo.

I found a seller that has the charm and the hoop for sale, but it was in 14kt, so expensive to me. The seller is Villagejewelery.

I was thinking about trying to find loose pairs and just have charms made.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice!!!
All are beautiful stones, and great choices IMO.
Etsy is a great resource for just about everything. Make sure they are pictures of the ones being sent to you, but I’m sure you know that about Etsy :D
I’m sure they’re not..as they make a number of them...Hopefully they will match because it will drive me crazy if they don’t.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been looking for some too! I found some Edison pearl drops that are large on Etsy. I can take a photo.

I found a seller that has the charm and the hoop for sale, but it was in 14kt, so expensive to me. The seller is Villagejewelery.

@elizat Thanks! I’ll check them out! I would love a photo!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 It looks so pretty on you...I would have purchased them but I wanted blue..I don’t wear green..I like the shape of your better than what I got..but mine were cheap...I felt like they would be testers to see if they would work with my huggies. Since I bought mine from Etsy it will probably be a while before I get them. I bought two others besides the blue ones. One is a sort of a deep pinky rose color. I’m not fond of the silver ornamentation on the pinky ones..but they were cheap and a good test.
261DB6F1-D84E-41AD-9671-9B5B4C3D9BB1.png

Very pretty @Mamabean!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

If you find anyone @elizat please let me know..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean Here is the large pearl drop on my hoop.

IMG_20191006_165049.jpg
They’re so pretty @elizat! It looks so nice on your ear...Now I want pearls! I can’t get heavy ones so I’ll have to look for smaller ones. When I was younger I used to wear very large pearl studs...My earlobe won’t support that anymore...:(2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If anyone wants pearl charms, there are a couple of options that I have used. American Pearl sells them in Tahitian, White South Sea, Gold South Sea, and freshwater versions.

White south sea (choose the "pearls only" option): https://www.americanpearl.com/south-sea-pearl-drop-kate-earring-textured.html

For Tahitian and Gold South Sea pearls, you just need to pick the type of pearl that you want in the options.

You can customize your pearl size and the metal of the finding on the site, and they regularly have 15 - 20% off codes that they offer on the site.

As an alternative, I have also had Pearl Paradise custom make me some drops. They made me my White South Sea, Freshwater pearl, and Hanadama (akoka) drops to go on my white gold and diamond huggies. It's a bit of a more dressed up look than just studs.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
If anyone wants pearl charms, there are a couple of options that I have used. American Pearl sells them in Tahitian, White South Sea, Gold South Sea, and freshwater versions.

White south sea (choose the "pearls only" option): https://www.americanpearl.com/south-sea-pearl-drop-kate-earring-textured.html

For Tahitian and Gold South Sea pearls, you just need to pick the type of pearl that you want in the options.

You can customize your pearl size and the metal of the finding on the site, and they regularly have 15 - 20% off codes that they offer on the site.

As an alternative, I have also had Pearl Paradise custom make me some drops. They made me my White South Sea, Freshwater pearl, and Hanadama (akoka) drops to go on my white gold and diamond huggies. It's a bit of a more dressed up look than just studs.
Thank you @cmd2014! I will check them out!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Links of London

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results