shape
carat
color
clarity

Where did this ring come from?

Stuck in Lock Down

Rough_Rock
This relatively small ring belonged to my late aunt. It was given to her as an engagement ring near the end of the second world war in Germany. It is somewhat "rough" in appearance with three diamonds and what appears to be four small square shaped sapphires. To me, it appears to be in an art deco style which may fit the time period, but I know virtually nothing about antique jewelry. There are no hallmarks or inscriptions on the ring. The gold band had to be repaired several decades ago as it was worn and fragile and had split. Could this have caused any markings to have been removed? There was also a repair to the front of the ring (left side on the border) where the delicate border had also split. It almost looks as if it was soldered in that spot. Can anyone shed some light on the mystery for me? I would like to know the approximate age of the ring, where it may have originated, and the applicable style that it represents. Thank you DSC_0731.jpg

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the shank was repaired that likely removed any stamps and sometimes stamps can provide clues to what you are asking. Can you take a pic of the ring head on? Looking at the faceting of the diamonds might help determine age. Also, you can have a jeweler test the metal. If the white metal is gold or plat that might help indicate age.

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
I would guess 1920-1930’s. Pretty ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results