shape
carat
color
clarity

Where could I find this kind of purple stones?

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
I was browsing the images on LM's website, and fell in love with this pair of earrings:

e762_Leon_Mege.jpg

What are those purple stones? Amethyst? I haven't seen any gems in crystal-ball shape. Where can I find some?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I have no idea, but those are beautiful!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful earrings! Would love to swan around in those. I'd suggest looking up "amethyst beads." or you could see if some of our vendors could cut you a pair.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Whoa. Stunning. Pomellato has been doing that for a while--perhaps without the diamonds. I have Prehnite earrings with that style of "claw" (without the diamonds), and they are gorgeous.

The Pomellato link didn't work properly, but you want to look, the style is "Veleno"--and they show them in Amethyst.

cheers--Sharon

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, you guys are genius!

A silly question: are the amethyst beads usually solid? If so, will they be a little heavy for the earlobes? I mean, I wouldn't want my pierced holes to get any larger..

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are most likely amethyst "beads" and yes, they are solid. I don't the size of those earrings but generally, they aren't that heavy unless you are looking at mini disco sized ones. :bigsmile:

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1314967486|3008162 said:
Those are most likely amethyst "beads" and yes, they are solid. I don't the size of those earrings but generally, they aren't that heavy unless you are looking at mini disco sized ones. :bigsmile:

I won't go any bigger than 12mm. Hope that won't be too heavy :bigsmile:

I was trying to figure out how the bead is attached to the starfish-looking claws. Are the claws purely decorative? Is there a hole in the bead at the center of the starfish, for the metal hook to go through or something?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Correct; a hole is drilled into the bead so that a piece of metal can be attached through it.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
If the stone is partially drilled (the hole doesn't go all the way through) then the cap is held in place by an epoxy (or some other type) glue. If the hole is drilled all the way through the stone then I think it can either be glued or you can put a piece of wire all the way through with something on the other end to keep it from falling out. The claws would be purely decorative in either case.

My sunstones are partially drilled and on the left one you can see the drill hole through the stone.
kiz-sunstonecharms2.jpg

My pink opals are drilled all the way through and the little gold bead at the bottom holds the wire in place.
kiz-opalearrings1.jpg

ETA: http://www.briolettes.com has some good info on attaching caps to briolettes.

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
I am clear now. You gals are all so helpful! Thank you very much.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Kismet|1314983862|3008393 said:
If the stone is partially drilled (the hole doesn't go all the way through) then the cap is held in place by an epoxy (or some other type) glue. If the hole is drilled all the way through the stone then I think it can either be glued or you can put a piece of wire all the way through with something on the other end to keep it from falling out. The claws would be purely decorative in either case.

My sunstones are partially drilled and on the left one you can see the drill hole through the stone.
kiz-sunstonecharms2.jpg

My pink opals are drilled all the way through and the little gold bead at the bottom holds the wire in place.
kiz-opalearrings1.jpg

ETA: http://www.briolettes.com has some good info on attaching caps to briolettes.

Kismet, I don't know if I already commented, but I LOVE those earrings, especially the pink opal ones !!!
and I do really like those amethyst bead earrings, totally something I would wear !!!!

fzpanda

Rough_Rock
+1 for amethyst beads. Bead shape gemstone/crystals are extremely popular in Asian countries such as Korea and China, and you can easily find something like that in their "Ebay" stores.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results