shape
carat
color
clarity

Where can I get . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
. . . nice quality, framed art prints for a reasonable price? Does anyone know of any websites I should check out?
33.gif

I recently moved into a new office, and I''m a HUGE Georgia O''Keeffe fan. I''ve been wanting some nice, framed prints of hers for my office, and all I keep finding is posters. But a poster would be OK, as long as the framing job is good and it doesn''t look all ripply and "postery" if that makes any sense. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!
35.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
No idea, but I''m watching this space. I love Salvador Dali''s Wailing Wall and want a print pretty desperately.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Princesss, I wanted to see what "Wailing Wall" looks like, so I googled it and found this! It''s only $150 and it''s signed! How cool is that?!?!
9.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Have you seen them here? Art.com has pretty decent prints. If you are open to similar artists, I recommend DA.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2010 4:35:05 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
Have you seen them here? Art.com has pretty decent prints. If you are open to similar artists, I recommend DA.
I''ve ordered from Art.com. Just be careful as I didn''t read the description too well and the "glass" turned out to be acrylic, which kind of bugged me.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been ordering way too many prints lately and here''s my method: I find a print I like and then make sure it''s a common size that ready made frames come in BEFORE I buy it. (I figured this out after ordering 2 weird sized prints that I''m going to have to get custom framed!)

You can get ready made black, silver or wooden gallery frames from Ikea, Target, Pottery Barn, West Elm, Crate and Barrel, etc. in most normal print/poster sizes. And make sure to check the actual measurements of the frame when you''re looking at product descriptions. A lot of times the frame will have a large mat so the description will say that the frame is for maybe an 8x10 picture, but if you take the mat out the frame will fit an 12x18 print. Hopefully that makes sense!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know specifically about Georgia O''Keefe- but overstock has a surprisingly good selection of prints and giclee.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ladies, thank you! You''ve given me some good options to check into!
36.gif

Date: 2/4/2010 4:35:05 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
MP, I have a stupid question: Who/what is DA?
33.gif

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Art.com or 20x200 have great prints/photographs.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used Hobby Lobby to frame our only piece of original artwork in the house. It''s a piece that we commissioned from Israel, and it is very important to us, so I wanted to be sure that the frame was done well.

Hobby Lobby did a great job. We''re very happy with the frame.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results