shape
carat
color
clarity

Where can I get my ring sized?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
My wedding ring is from Blue Nile, and I will be wearing it on my right hand once I get my new anniversary band. As it turns out, the size 5 ring fits on my right hand, but it feels a little tight. I want to get it sized up just a quarter size, so it will be more comfortable on my right hand. Since I ordered teh band online, I can''t bring it back to the jeweler that I bought it from for sizing.

So, the question is, can I just bring it to the local yokel jeweler, or should I bring it to Quest (they are about a half hour drive from me)? Would Quest even do something as basic as a resizing of a ring I didn''t purchase from them? The ring is platinum, if that makes a difference, and it''s sizeable (channel-set diamonds 1/3 way around the ring).

Thanks!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I think any capable jeweler can size it. It''s pretty basic. Where you purchased it from shouldn''t make a dfiference. At least I''ve never had a problem with that.

Is there someone in your area you trust? If not, then a half hour drive to Quest doesn''t sound like too much.

beach

Brilliant_Rock
I would get it laser welded and not get it done any other way... Most capable jewelers shoud have one.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you’re half an hour away from a jeweler you trust, that seems like a shoe in to me unless there's some transportation problem in getting there. Take the drive. Most jewelers with a shop onsite will be happy to size a ring for you no matter where you bought but you can always call them up and ask on the phone if they do this sort of work before you start the trip.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results