shape
carat
color
clarity

Where can I get a hearts and arrows diamond in St. Louis?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yazaira

Rough_Rock
Reading a lot of posts, I was curious to see where I can get a Hearts and Arrow diamond in St. Louis. Forget the hearts on fire, because if I can save a lot of money, and get great quality, then I''m there. Does anyone know how much a 1.5 hearts and arrow diamond cost? Thank you

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Yamir,

Ive looked in St. Louis and so far I could not find any H&A diamonds to compare to the online vendors here. The vendors have more quality diamonds and are up front about the specifics of the stone, plus they have the reports, and to be honest their price is much better than what I have looked at in St. Louis.

Yellowfan

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yea the only ones I know of around here are the HOF ones, and I think those are at Neustadters across from ronnies (sp) and Saettle on Brentwood.

Id say go through a web vendor. My wedding band is through Whiteflash and it''s made of little H&A stones.

JC

Shiny_Rock
yazaira,

Well, I'm not aware of anyone in St. Louis, but you could find exactly what your looking for right here on PS. Many online vendors carry ideal round brilliant cut diamonds that are AGS as well as GIA graded. If your not concerned with the HOF or "true" authentic H&A diamond than consider AGS and GIA graded diamonds with either "Ideal" or "Excellent" polish and symmetry ratings. There are many round brilliants that have been cut into the ideal depth and table proportions as well as crown and pavilion angles that display the H&A pattern when they also have those high polish and symmetry ratings. You'll most likely get a much better price by shopping online as well. Do a search at the front page of PS so that you can see what prices you are dealing with, then give a few online vendors a call. I'm sure that you'll find what your looking for. It might not come from St. Louis, but it can be shipped there.

35.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
If you want to buy from a local person in St. Louis, I recommend my jeweler. His shop is Copernicus Jewelry in Webster Groves.

It's a small shop but he sells ideal cut stones and can get anything in for you. His prices are good for a B&M and the owner, John, is a great guy...very knowledgable.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dracut

Rough_Rock
Not sure.. but I always held the IGI in the same standards as others.

Are you insinuating that IGI would sell out their integrity to Sams Club?

Speaking of conflict of interest.

just curious.

Dracut

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Dracut, why do you refer to the stone as A CUT ABOVE stone? Your pictures show that this stone is a Regal Elegance stone from Sam''s Club. A Cut Above is a trademarked name from Whitflash out of Texas. Regal Elegance is a trademarked name of Sam''s Club.

Most people do not think that the grading of IGI is as strict as GIA or AGS. That''s not to say that the stone you are showing here is not what it claims to be, but anyone buying it would be wise to take it to an independent appraiser.

Also, the posted wanted to know where to see a hearts and arrow stone locally. If she wanted to buy a diamond online, there are many excellent choices here from reputable online dealers.

Dracut

Rough_Rock
Im not selling you a thing...

First all the thread moved from a local subject to online. (Please read the posts you are referring to)

It seems many here believe a store is the only place. I pointed out one online.

Sorry to offend your corner on online reputable stores.

Secondly... Amercian firms are not the most strict when it comes to grading. Although some Americans feel it is the only system... Europe has been grading stones for many many more years and are looked at in the world as the PREMIER souce for grading.

Thirdly... I would recommend taking ANY stone to a professional for opinions. .. including from ANY store.
Too many people have been ripped off from "reputable" stores clinging to thier big name or web site as a shield against honesty and fairness.

Think global... act local.

JMO

Dracut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results