shape
carat
color
clarity

Where can I find this Tacori-esque setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Secret Proposal

Rough_Rock
I came across this Tacori-esque setting on Knox Jewelers. I have also come across the same one locally at some B&M stores. The price on the website is right around $3,000. Locally, I have gotten numbers of about $1,800. The only problem is that the FI prefers her setting to be in platinum, as opposed to 18K white gold. Has anyone seen this advertised/available on other websites or locations? I figure that I can get it in platinum for under $2,500...If I can find it!

HELP!
30.gif

http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=203&rn=1136&action=show_detail

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you ask Knox to see if they could make it in platinum?

Secret Proposal

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply. I sent then an e-mail an hour ago to see if they could, and see what type of price I''d be looking at. Like I mentioned in my first post, I have found it in 18K locally for $1800, about $1000 less than their price. Hopefully they can do something for me, as I have heard good things about them on this forum.

It wouldn''t hurt to find another site/location that makes the similar setting and get a price comparison.

Secret Proposal

Rough_Rock
They are at $3,900 for that in platinum. It seems quite steep being as that the actual Tacori it is based off of isn''t much different in price.

Does anyone else have suggestions to find the mold for that setting?

What do you guys think?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I''d get the Tacori.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2007 12:36:10 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Ditto!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Double ditto.
Date: 9/28/2007 1:10:54 PM
Author: risingsun

Date: 9/28/2007 12:36:10 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Ditto!

makhro82

Shiny_Rock
Try this one: http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/Tacori-Platinum-CZ-Center-7-8ct-TW-Diamond-Ring/2440987/product.html?ak=1

Secret Proposal

Rough_Rock
Interesting.....

Looking at it a bit more, I am looking for more TW around the setting, as opposed to what it has. Plus its a little thinner than the model I'm looking for, which seems to be HT 23226, as opposed to 2261.

Ideas/suggestions!?

I'd prefer to save the money and get a look-a-like if I can find it at a significant savings over Tacori (sorry Tacori)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you are going to go locally for cheaper, be sure that their settings are the same quality for that price. Look at previously custom made designs from them. I personally would probably want the reassurance of someone I trust, so I''d probably get the real tacori or the knox setting. By the way, have you considered palladium? Knox often makes rings in this metal and it behaves similarly to platinum (doesn''t need rhodium plating, but needs polishing over time), but is less than the price of platinum. You might want to ask for a quote in palladium.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont know about getting it cheaper, but that is one very beautiful ring
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results