shape
carat
color
clarity

Where Can I Find Rose Cut Diamonds?

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I know there must be a source for NEW rose cut diamonds since they are appearing more and more in new jewelry. Any idea where I can find some?

I'd love to see photos of jewelry, too. Thank you!!!

Lori

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
They seem to be cut in India. Dimend Scaasi makes an eternity band with them and of course Single Stone has made somewhat of a specialty out of them. There is a wholesaler of melee and such who I think sells them. Wish I could remember their name...I think it started with a K. I bet Miss Debby knows as I think it was her project.

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Hi, here's my lovely .80 rose cut pendant from James Meyer. I love rose cuts, they look fab in low lighting.

Rose cut 1.jpg

Rose cut 2.jpg

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Laughing, that pendant is one of my jewelry lusts.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
loriken214|1300150374|2871896 said:
I know there must be a source for NEW rose cut diamonds since they are appearing more and more in new jewelry. Any idea where I can find some?

I'd love to see photos of jewelry, too. Thank you!!!

Lori

Hi Loriken,
I have this ring from the Kwiat Vintage Collection. They are new rose cuts.
IMG_0493.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Laughinggravy0|1300287856|2873171 said:
Hi, here's my lovely .80 rose cut pendant from James Meyer. I love rose cuts, they look fab in low lighting.

That is so beautiful! If I owned that I would want to wear it everyday. I love rose cuts!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Stci, where are you finding all these cool Ebay listings? You're making me want a rose cut again. I thought I was over it.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
THANK YOU for all of the suggestions and photos!!!! I've had two cataract surgeries since I first posted this request and I'm just now catching up....

I adore those rose cut pieces and am still looking for more ideas. Saving my pennies, too!

Lori

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my new rose cut ring.

1400.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Gothgrrl|1311644875|2976782 said:
Here is my new rose cut ring.

WOW....is this a James Meyer???? I love it!!!

Lori

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Loriken, yes it is a James Meyer. Thank you. I like it so much that I ordered the matching band for it. So now I will have 2 pieces of yellow gold.

Laughinggravy, I love that pendant. I have lurked on J. Meyers for a while and always just loved it. Then one day I saw it was gone. I'm glad it went to a fellow PSer.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful jewelry! I really like rose cuts too.

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
just a quirky question for those of you with rose cuts - are they see through?? in that they show your finger from behind the stone??

I am keen to get a new one set into a ring (around 6mm to 7mm in diameter - however that equates into cts) but I wonder how it will look with a larger stone

I know they are flat on one side - which is actually attractive as I want the stone to sit flat and low as possible - but I am unsure how they look from the top down

I also want to get some studs with double bezels and fine milgrain - as I have tiny lobes and don't want massive diamonds hanging off my ears - but again I wonder if I should have them made with solid backs - so the bar and post don't show through??

I have seen lots of old rose cuts - which can be charming in their wonky and clouded manner - as well as overtly included stones (think the etsy options) but I am looking at neat and clean stones cut recently in VS1 or above

any thoughts or pics from owners of rose cuts out there??

stci

Ideal_Rock
heliotrope|1314402001|3000927 said:
just a quirky question for those of you with rose cuts - are they see through?? in that they show your finger from behind the stone??

I am keen to get a new one set into a ring (around 6mm to 7mm in diameter - however that equates into cts) but I wonder how it will look with a larger stone

I know they are flat on one side - which is actually attractive as I want the stone to sit flat and low as possible - but I am unsure how they look from the top down

I also want to get some studs with double bezels and fine milgrain - as I have tiny lobes and don't want massive diamonds hanging off my ears - but again I wonder if I should have them made with solid backs - so the bar and post don't show through??
I have seen lots of old rose cuts - which can be charming in their wonky and clouded manner - as well as overtly included stones (think the etsy options) but I am looking at neat and clean stones cut recently in VS1 or above

Rose Cut as all diamonds need light! I don't think It's a good idea...

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
stci|1314795079|3006199 said:
heliotrope|1314402001|3000927 said:

Rose Cut as all diamonds need light! I don't think It's a good idea...

Rose cut diamonds look gorgeous when backed. It's a different look. Backed rose cuts reflect more light for a even look-if you want to move away from the see-through appearance. (Yep, in clean transparent material, you will see your finger through the stone, H) If I were doing studs like heliotrope mentioned, I'd back them for extra brightness. It's a matter of personal taste.

Where to find rose cuts? They're really popular right now. Here are some rose cuts from JCK Luxury and Couture 2011.
https://www.pricescope.com/blog/rose-cut-diamonds-jck-luxury-and-couture-2011

More pics in this thread.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rose-cut-diamond.164227/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rose-cut-diamond.164227/[/URL]

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Loriken and Gothgrrl, thanks for the kind words which I've just picked up now. This fellow PSer is still delighted with the pendant - I haven't taken it off since I received it at the start of december :)
Enjoy that lovely ring Gothgrrl.
Abi

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results