shape
carat
color
clarity

where can I buy earrings studs for .30 rounds cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crosado

Rough_Rock
Hello!

I need to find out where can buy a couple of cheap 18k white gold or platinum earrings studs for 2/.30 H/A diamonds? I was quoted from the diamond vendor
$150 for 14k white gold and $300 bucks for platinum!! unreal if you ask me!
angryfire.gif

any help/hints are appreciated. These will be a birthday gift for mom
10.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually the prices are not all that bad. Get the gold... after all, all one gets to see from those studs are the tiny pronges near the sparklers. It is hard enough to tell the color, left alone the metal under such circumstances. And get push-backs, not screw-backs. The screws wear quickly in gold and is more pain than gain. Not to mention I never lost a push-back stud earing and I do wear some 24/7.

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
I'm sorry if I'm too late to save you from spending $150 for 14k white gold settings....but if you have a jeweler you can have set them, you can probably order the settings from www.findingshouse.com. I had my 1/2ctw studs changed from yellow to white gold by getting the settings from them for about $15 for basket settings and push backings, and my jeweler charged me about $10 to set them. I'm in LA, so was able to go to them directly, but even with shipping you'd come in well under $150! Even when I priced getting my studs reset in maul stores, it was only going to be between $60 and $90!
6.gif

Good luck!

-Melissa

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes those prices sound quite good actually. It the quote was from the diamond vendor then I would assume that the settings include the actual 'setting' of the diamonds, which takes some work in itself..so you aren't paying for just the metal. I would definitely get the W/G...don't waste your $$ on platinum for earrings...
1.gif

Good luck!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oups, yeah. I rarely recommend places where I don't shop for a living: such a wholesale sites. This does not mean they don't exist or that those prices are a scam. These are correct prices for the product, which represent little on top of the price of the metal. These are not bad and will hold little stones next to year lobe nicely and, I guess, at least some, safely. However, those items are not really meant for close inspection (not that the bottom view of stud earings will ever see the day... but the owner will get to play with them 360 degrees. One thing to make sure is that you don't pay 300 for a thing worth 20: this is one great use of browsing wholesale jewelry sources (Stuller, this one above). The whole thing remains a matter of priorities. But yes, those 'findings' sites is just about as cheap as you might find.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also some jewelers will not accept all sorts of random externally purchased settings...I was looking at WhiteFlash for an ACA for a pendant (before we bought the house..no pendant now!) and loved this particular setting on Mondera. They quoted me $70 (Mondera) for just the setting and WF was a little concerned that it was not top quality because it was so low...we didn't go through with the transaction, but I had the feel that if the Mondera setting didn't pass the WF standards...they wouldn't have set the stone into it. So you may just want to go with the jeweler and pay a little more this time around if they are the same way.

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
I'm sure you're quite right about these being quite lightweight, cheap settings that I have.....but the backings fit securely and they're really all I need. And while I'd enjoy having a setting that was cool and unusual to look at from the side and back, I don't want the settings to really show whent they're on my ears.

And more importantly, the wg settings I got from that vendor replaced the yg version of the same. When I requested exactly this from retail jewelry stores, they wanted $60 to $90 dollars.

So if money is an issue, I think you'd do just fine ordering from this wholesaler, PROVIDED you know exactly what size setting to order, and you know you have a jeweler who will be willing to set them. (Of course, such a jeweler can probably order them for you at the same price, so if you're offered a reasonable price for the whole deal, that would be the better way to go.)

1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results