shape
carat
color
clarity

When was your last haircut?.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, they showed the graphics in this article.

Oops. Sorry. I guess a few hours (interrupted at that) sleep makes posting dangerous for me lol. Lucky I am among friends. :bigsmile:

The interesting thing is almost all our doctor friends who are woking with Covid patients have not shaved their stubble or facial hair. :((

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
December for the cut, mid March for the color right before the lock down. I was lucky I was able to get my color done but man, I sweated it out for 2 weeks worried I was out and about right as the lockdown was unfolding. I actually like my hair longer though and think I'm going to stick with it.

My son usually has a buzz cut and its been so wonderful seeing him with hair again.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is been 4 months... ;( I hope the barber shops reopen soon.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cut mine the other week and again yesterday :)

It's a bit easier as I'm just using clippers on the back/sides, so I can go nice and short, but getting it even and 'fading' it into the top (which is longer) is tricky - no-one wants 'steps' in their hair! :lol:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
March. I have a slightly layered bob so I just cut it straight across when I miss a hair cut. I let the short layers and bangs grow out last year which really paid off.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last Sunday. I paid my hairdresser, who I know has been sheltering in place, an exorbitant amount of money to come to my house and give me a cut and color. Here are the precautions we took....

Firstly, we knew for a fact I didn't have Covid, as I'd been tested regularly the preceeding week.
She was well, knows nobody with the virus, and has been at home for weeks. And weeks.
She sterilized all her equipment before coming.
We both wore masks and she wore gloves. I kept my eyes closed the whole time she was working on my head.
We sat outside the entire time and it was also very breezy.
We didn't speak during the appt. She's been doing my hair for 5 years; we discussed anything different I might want before she arrived, then any conversation was done while masked, outside, from a distance of over 10ft.
After she colored and cut my hair, she left me the bits and pieces to do a gloss and treatment, and I did those myself, in the shower when she'd gone, which meant I washed head to toe as soon as she left.
She touched nothing in my house.

I felt completely safe. She's a very smart, practical woman, and was very aware of my situation, health-wise. And - my word! - it was awesome to have normal hair again!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I got my hair cut right before shelter-in-place and will likely let it grow out indefinitely or let my DH cut it at some point - I am a bit scared of this.

I cut DH's once since shelter-in-place started (my first time ever cutting hair) and it turned out really well. I enjoyed the instant gratification and wonder if I will cut his hair for him indefinitely. I do think if others feel similarly it could negatively affect the hair industry, but it saves money and is more convenient.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
My sister is going back to work this week doing hair and the phones have been ringing off the hook with people wanting appointments.
With all the restrictions there are things they are not going to be able to do and they are blocking out 2x the time for each appointment for cleaning between customers.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
December. My hair is gonna be my toilet paper alternative soon... :errrr:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's been a while. It's a little unruly but it's not too bad...is it?

curlyhairgonewild.jpg

:wink2:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last week I got my haircut for the first time in 5 months.. yippee10.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I buzz cut myself (and my SO) about a week ago.

Not a C19 thing - I've been doing this maybe 15 years.
Why pay anyone else?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greg got his haircut last Friday. He said there were only 4 people in the shop the entire time he was there and they were all wearing masks . 2 barbers and 2 clients. Everyone kept their masks on the entire time and my DH said he felt completely safe.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My last professional haircut was in November. I’ve only trimmed the ends myself. It’s super long but I am not yet comfortable going in.

Are the ladies of PS still growing out the grays?! Wonder how that worked out!?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My last professional haircut was in November. I’ve only trimmed the ends myself. It’s super long but I am not yet comfortable going in.

I started growing out the gray over a year ago I think. Not looking good but I’m sticking to the no coloring for now. Too damaging and the upkeep is constant. My hair is fragile so I’d rather have hair that’s salt and pepper vs having no hair because I irrevocably damaged it.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am happy it worked well for you. I think you look beautiful no matter no your hair. Not sure I am ready for that. Perhaps I am too vain?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1 just took a selfie photo to illustrate.

4DA64A2F-36F9-4AC3-86C1-7AD44926C6D8.jpeg

In sun

C95F057C-0D33-4B49-8D69-52D1036AB804.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am happy it worked well for you. I think you look beautiful no matter no your hair. Not sure I am ready for that. Perhaps I am too vain?

No you’re not. You have to do what makes you feel good and what works for you. You’re not vain at all. And you’re beautiful inside and out ❤️

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy like I said! You’re beautiful! I wonder if wearing ones hair straight makes a difference in how the greys stand out...I think mine are a lot more noticeable. Or maybe I’m just very critical of myself.... I love your hair! And you ♥️

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually have one once a month, and the longest interval is 5 weeks, and my last one was just over 5 weeks ago!

DK :rolleyes:

Similar situation. I wear my hair very, very short and usually have it cut and colored every six weeks. My last cut and color was in February. Tomorrow will be July. Right now I have straight mainly grey hair that still is short enough that it doesn't come down the sides of my face. I tuck it behind my ears and slick it back on top so it looks as if I just went swimming.It's the only way to make it look short and feel manageable. But now I have hair growing down the back of my neck.I used to have hair below my waist when I was in my 30's. I hope it doesn't get that far before I get to a hairdresser!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:shock: NOT this lady @Slick1, I’ve been keeping my roots touched up this whole time :lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First hair cut since my last one at the beginning of March this Saturday, can't wait!

DK :appl:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Yesterday was my first haircut since first week of March. I have short hair, all gray, and usually get a trim every 6-7 weeks. I felt completely safe. My stylist has a separate floor in the same building of her main salon that is more private, with individual rooms, and we were all alone, both of us wearing masks. So glad that she is smart, mature and considerate of her customer's anxiety.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
I think it was last spring? Can't remember. I cut it to just below my jaw line and dyed it reddish brown. Now it's a few inches past my shoulders. And I'm beginning to have more grey hair. My black/ reddish hair is super straight but my grays are coming in frizzy and pointing every which way. It's not curly, just crinkled? Anyway, now my hair always look unkempt and crazy lol. I used to have very smooth hair...
Meanwhile my 11 year old son is growing out the most gorgeous bob ever lol. I've been trying to take pictures but he's not having it. I thought he'll want memories of his beautiful hair when he's old and bald. :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results