shape
carat
color
clarity

When was your last haircut?.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My last haircut was in late Jan., it is getting too long. I probably can wait till end of April but that's it. I need a haircut!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually have one once a month, and the longest interval is 5 weeks, and my last one was just over 5 weeks ago!

DK :rolleyes:

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Way too long ago! I was due for one when this virus came along.

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
Mine was in December/Jan and I seriously need one. Also, need to get my nails done lol.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
November. I need a cut, but I have long hair and trimmed it myself. Hubby needs a cut...I will probably do it for him.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For many years I've been self buzzcuting.
It's quick and easy with my professional Oster clipper.
Cheaper clippers could not cut the thick undercoat of our doggies, but the Oster went through it like warm butter.

My last haircut was about a week ago.

The clipper was pricey, around $160, and additional heads are $30, but I've probably saved a trillion dollars cutting my own hair.

Now I buzzcut my SO's hair too.
Again, I love doing this work as I find it relaxing and rewarding to do many things myself others pay others to do for them.
I feel no obligation to support the barber industr.
As an introvert I HATED subjecting myself to that time in the chair, with the strained faux small talk. :knockout:

Another benefit, I can jump into the shower immediately to clean off all those itchy bits of hair that get in your collar.
Also, naked haircuts can lead to some :Up_to_something:.

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a week ago...I had my daughter do it. I’m not kidding, I was so fed up! .and then I cut my bangs. :/

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I honestly can't remember... I've been growing my pixie out for ages now, and just a few weeks ago I realized it's long enough to put in a ponytail. I cut my own bangs anyway, and I don't color, so I'm just sitting here letting it grow down around me, LOL. My hair is completely straight and grows VERY fast. If this SIP goes on too long I'll end up looking like Cousin It!

Last edited:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I pretty much do my own hair these days anyway I give myself a dusting ever few months, so did it a couple of weeks ago.

Reactions: AV_

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel no obligation to support the barber industr.
As an introvert I HATED subjecting myself to that time in the chair, with the strained faux small talk. :knockout:
You can talk diamonds while getting your haircut...:bigsmile:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
December 2018. I usually grow it all year and donate it but this past Christmas got hectic. Well now it probably won't be until December 2020 if that.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I think almost 2 years ago. :knockout: it's very very overdue lol

Jadeite_101

Shiny_Rock
Almost 2 months ago. February 15 when I got from the USA. Badly need a haircut. Quarantine is for another month so that’s another month of hair growth.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can talk diamonds while getting your haircut...:bigsmile:

Oh, I suspect a client wearing a relatively large sparkly rock would just come across as bragging to the 'help'.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Professionally probably more than 8 years ago
i don't know why people are ballsing this up
i have long hair
i part it in the middle
brush it straight and level
then cut an inch off each side on a very gentle angle towards the middle

I check using two mirrors all is straight -sometimes i might have to take 2 inches off but it grows fast

I have people tell me i have lovelly hair
oh and i die it myself and use ......supermarket shampoo and conditioner

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I cut my hubby's hair last weekend with clippers from Costco! We've been doing this for a while to save money. I get my hair cut 1 to 2 times per year.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cut my hubby's hair last weekend with clippers from Costco! We've been doing this for a while to save money. I get my hair cut 1 to 2 times per year.

My husband has had the same clippers for like 15 years. The dog's clippers stopped working and I had to groom him because he was going to the vet so figured I'll just use the husband's and he can get new ones.

Except now you can't find them anywhere, they are like the new toilet paper....oops!

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
It's been about 6 weeks but I'm growing the length so I hadn't Intended to get another cut for quite a while.
@Daisys and Diamonds ...when my hair was long and all one length I would cut it myself. Also when it was shorter and layered I could do it because I could hide variances with the styling. . But mid length with long layers is not as easy because my hair shows every little bit of layering that is off and there is no way to hide it. I do not like spending time or money at a salon so try to keep a low maintenance length and style...I feel like I'm 6-8 months away from the length I want and then I will get maybe 2 haircuts a year. I need some layers as otherwise it is just a bit too frumpy anymore.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's weird. Here the hairdressers are open for hair cuts but not for colouring (or other treatments). My greys are beginning to show!:eek-2:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The beginning of February. I usually have short hair but it’s now almost chin length. The length doesn’t bother me but I need highlights.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
There is a lot of orange and green hair out there,,,,from people messing it up...... source my sis who they call crying for advise.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get mine cut every couple of months, I am due to get mine cut in a couple of weeks so its been 6 weeks

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The week before Christmas. I go every 11 weeks & was due when we were put into lockdown, so it got cancelled. It's naturally curly, so it can take going a while between cuts as it always just looks a bit unruly. I have been having it taken shorter the last few years, to my jaw, as I've had bouts of hair loss. But that has stabilised over the last 8 months, so I was thinking over the idea or growing it longer again.

I guess the decision has been made for me - it's at my shoulders already! The ends are feeling very dry though, so I am planning to tidy it up as best as I can. Nobody will know if it's uneven, as it's just a nest of snakes :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The beginning of January. There are years I only manage to get my hair cut once and rarely do I get it cut more than once every 6 months in a good year.

January 9th. Last haircut. And my haircut previous to that one was January 2019. So a year between haircuts is not unusual. Of course we were stranded at the Jersey shore for 8 months and that is why I went a year between my 2019 and 2020 haircut. Life gets in the way. A lot. :wink2:

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 7.14.08 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coming up to 5 weeks, and I get my hair cut and coloured every 5 weeks :shock: It’s not a style I can do myself, so I’m just having to let it grow, although I did touch up my parting, hairline and by my ears last week. I’ve got plenty of dye as I usually touch up my parting at 3 weeks anyway, so at least I won’t be grey when I finally get a hair cut.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH gets his hair cut every 6 weeks (it's dirt cheap too) by the local hair guy in our neighborhood and he has been due for a hair cut since March. He is just letting it grow until he can go get one because he said he isn't going to try cutting his own hair and for some reason he doesn't want me to try... :lol: I did offer.:halo:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are all growing our hair out. I've gone 6 months between trims so not an issue for me. I think my last trim might be last year?

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I'm getting weekly emails from my local salon BEGGING...all in caps....for clients not to try and box color their hair at home. I think business will be good when they open up...lots of roots and color corrections to do. :eek2:
When I was growing out my natural color I used spray on temporary color just at the part line when I was out with people...until it was grown out enough to highlight everywhere and start blending it in. It works great. most of us aren't out and about enough to worry about it much but if you feel desperate about your roots you can try the spray.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Just before lockdown. Dropped in on a lark--good timing for me and he cut quite a lot off. Shape is still OK and I don't do full lites anymore anyway. Meant to be this way!

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results