shape
carat
color
clarity

When to give wedding gift to my future wife?

How long before the wedding should I give my fiance her wedding gift?

• Between 2-6 days before the wedding.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • More than one week before (please specify).

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

boston12345

Rough_Rock
I bought my future wife a string of Mikimotos. I''m confident she will want to wear them on our wedding day (this fall, no specifics incase she''s on this site...). How long before the wedding should I give them to her so that she can exchange them for a shorter or longer stand if necessary?

A day or two before the wedding?
One week before?
Two weeks before?

Thanks!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I voted "more that one week" because I am still nearly a year away from my wedding but I''m already trying to nail down all the little details. Unless you have given her very very specific hints (ie "I am giving you a necklace that looks exactly like this"), I would get the word out to her NOW so she doesn''t spend a lot of time/energy/money trying to find the perfect necklace to wear with her dress etc, not knowing that this one is coming. I love the idea of actually giving the gift the morning of the wedding, but for something like this, I would really really really want to know as far in advance as possible. That said, if you tell her how long the strand is or a bit of basic descriptive information and she feels good about it, then I might wait to give her the actual necklace until right before the wedding. But I do think you should give her some sort of early warning so she knows not to buy a different necklace and can find earrings that go with it, etc. Hope that helps a bit!
1.gif

(Also - so sweet of you to get her such a nice gift!!! Lucky girl!
9.gif
)

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
ASAP. I would guess she may already have a necklace chosen. I bought my bridal jewerly 1/2 a year before my wedding.

boston12345

Rough_Rock
The only saving grace I have if I wait a little longer (we''re less than two months from the wedding at this point), is that the necklace she would otherwise be wearing is also from me, and believe me, this on is alot nicer.

That being said, I probably will give it to her more than a week in advance. She is meeting with her dress maker over the next couple of weeks for fittings and what not. What if I chose a date close to one of those fittings? That way she can wear to the fitting to make sure any adjustments to the dress that can be made, will be... if she would want to make the changes of course.

TBeck2000

Rough_Rock
As a guy, my first response was to give it the day before the wedding. I guess I never realized the amount of thought that goes into planning the "look". In this case, giving her the necklace early would probably be a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results