shape
carat
color
clarity

When should you ask for recertification?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dfb

Rough_Rock
I am looking at a diamond that James Allen has presented me - it seems to have the depth, table, color, and clarity we are targeting - including med blue flouro - it has been tough to find the specs in one stone - but this is a possibility - but here is my question - the GIA cert is dated 2000 - the cert shows nothing of angles, depth, etc that are on the newer certs I see - and recognizing that I think I heard that the cut criteria has possibly changed a bit with GIA - so I am not sure it would still be graded the excellent that is listed as now -

Thoughts?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarin.

It's being sold as is. It's reasonable to expect that the stone be in the same condition as when it was sent to GIA, and it's reasonable for you to bear the cost of a new report. Spend the money on a great appraiser instead?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd second the motion for a Sarin report.
1. It's quicker (recertifying a diamond can take roughly 3 months)
2. AND cheaper (I think it'll cost around $200 for a re-cert)

Ask JA if they can run a Sarin report on the diamond you are interested in. If they have the means to do so, it'll most likely be a free service.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d also ask for an IS image.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results