shape
carat
color
clarity

When it rains, it pours--diamonds and gems.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Do you ever find that your gem or diamond purchases seem to come in sudden heaps?

I just purchased a nice large dark sapphire cab, then a really gorgeous OEC diamond from GOG, and then found my dream paraiba (its on its way to me now--I'm confirm if it really is my dream paraiba once I get it!) in a matter of two months. My wallet is looking sorry, but--they were all sort of once in lifetime (realistically, probably more in a long time) kind of deals. One other time, I passed up a stunning 2 carat diamond that was priced incredibly reasonable. I learned from that, and while I'm not trigger happy, I've heard to make up my mind fast when I find something really stunning. But, all of this has come after an extremely long hiatus from gem purchasing. For the last year or so, nothing really struck me except for a couple natural sapphires and a garnet from Barry. And then, all of a sudden, its been raining diamonds and gems. I even found a gorgeous setting, which I did not buy, because I wanted to pick up this paraiba. Does this ever happen to you?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indy,
I'm so happy for you. Yes, I've found myself in the same predicament where it all just happened all at once and yes, my wallet wasn't happy but I certainly was. :lol: The pleasure and enjoyment I received from the gems kept me content for a long time so the financial recovery felt less painful. Your haul sounds splendid; I love OECs, cabs and paraibas too.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Chrono!!

I can't wait to share--especially the paraiba. I just hope its as good as it looked in photographs! Virtual gem shopping is kind of like online dating--sometimes it hard to tell what you're going to get in person. I just took a minute to read your thread your massive package--I cannot even imagine opening a package like that! :love: :love: :love: Is there a fainting emotie? It didn't just pour, it was a thunderstorm of gems and diamonds. My absolute favorite is the AVC with spinel sides. :love:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, man, you said it.

I only meant to shop for some ruby earrings for my anniversary. :halo:

Instead, I wound up with an Edwardian sapphire and seed pearl choker like I've always admired, a ruby ring in a Deco style I'd only seen a few times previously, and a beautiful sapphire and diamond ivy leaf pendant from the Victorian era (it goes with the choker, so it's practical, right?). Not to mention that I was idly looking for a diamond bracelet for my watch, spotted a gorgeous bezeled one in a style I'd never seen before and figured I could cannibalize it for the band, got it, didn't have the heart, spotted another one on its lonesome, which never happens, got it, was told it wouldn't fit my original watch without a lot of work, thought about returning it, realized it'd look great with a moonstone pendant I made ages and ages ago ... so now I also have a superfluous watch and a very ironic bracelet.

And that's not even mentioning the paste.

I appreciate the attentions of The Jewelry Fairy oh-so-much, but let's just say this would be an awesome time for a visit from either her sister The Self Control Fairy, or, better yet, an extended visit from her other sister, The Windfall Fairy.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
IndyLady|1381952862|3538961 said:
Thank you Chrono!!

I can't wait to share--especially the paraiba. I just hope its as good as it looked in photographs! Virtual gem shopping is kind of like online dating--sometimes it hard to tell what you're going to get in person. I just took a minute to read your thread your massive package--I cannot even imagine opening a package like that! :love: :love: :love: Is there a fainting emotie? It didn't just pour, it was a thunderstorm of gems and diamonds. My absolute favorite is the AVC with spinel sides. :love:

A) Indy, consider me another who can't wait to see what you've got in the works - it all sounds amazing!

B) I'm sorry, AVC WITH SPINEL SIDES? I somehow missed this, and I must immediately rectify the error.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Indy, fabulous haul! I've never had that kind of luck all at once, nor the stuff in my wallet when I needed it. Can't wait to see photos, especially of the paraiba, yike!

--- Laurie

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You had me with your title, Indy, and I too cannot wait for your Paraiba if that makes sense! Woot woot!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1381969899|3539138 said:
You had me with your title, Indy, and I too cannot wait for your Paraiba if that makes sense! Woot woot!

You had me at Paraiba 8) :o :lickout: :tongue:

Yes this has been my jewelry year. Seriously I'm on the side lines unless it is something small for a while. But I have a little wish list in my head always running. And of course if there is something fabulous....something I had to jump at and would love for the rest of my life then I would probably do that as well. But mostly all my big stuff I got out of the way in 2013.
-upgrade to 5ct
-upgrading my setting
-upgraded my setting for my eternity band
-new pave setting for old ering
-OEC 3 stone ring
-Cartier Love bracelet
-5ct plus pink Tourmaline EC
-my dream edwardian ring with OEC

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
SB621|1381972256|3539172 said:

Yes this has been my jewelry year. Seriously I'm on the side lines unless it is something small for a while. But I have a little wish list in my head always running. And of course if there is something fabulous....something I had to jump at and would love for the rest of my life then I would probably do that as well. But mostly all my big stuff I got out of the way in 2013.
-upgrade to 5ct
-upgrading my setting
-OEC 3 stone ring
-Cartier Love bracelet

Again, I must say unto you ... DID I MISS SOMETHING?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1381974595|3539206 said:

-upgrade to 5ct
-upgrading my setting
-OEC 3 stone ring
-Cartier Love bracelet

Again, I must say unto you ... DID I MISS SOMETHING?

Oh Circe. It started when I didn't buy your beautiful strawberry ring. Truly that will forever be my "one that got away" but I think you know this as I constantly remind you. Anyhow I found something I love just as much off Jbeg. There are pictures of it here and there scattered on PS, but the issue is that Jbeg had an "M" center OEC in it that I switched out for a "J" OEC and the 3rd party vendor royally screwed up (BTW completely indepedant of Jbeg I hired him). He added a bezel without asking me totally changing the ring. He fixed it but there are still some issues. It doesn't look nearly as dainty or beautiful as the orginal version. I will eventually send it back to Jbeg to see if their bench can put it back to the orginal version. But for now I'm just so upset about it I need to walk away from it. I do love it and actually I would sell my 5ct AC before I had to sell this setting- THAT is how much I love it. But I can't do a SMTB thread on it right now b/c it depresses me.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1381954634|3538975 said:
Oh, man, you said it.

I only meant to shop for some ruby earrings for my anniversary. :halo:

Instead, I wound up with an Edwardian sapphire and seed pearl choker like I've always admired, a ruby ring in a Deco style I'd only seen a few times previously, and a beautiful sapphire and diamond ivy leaf pendant from the Victorian era (it goes with the choker, so it's practical, right?). Not to mention that I was idly looking for a diamond bracelet for my watch, spotted a gorgeous bezeled one in a style I'd never seen before and figured I could cannibalize it for the band, got it, didn't have the heart, spotted another one on its lonesome, which never happens, got it, was told it wouldn't fit my original watch without a lot of work, thought about returning it, realized it'd look great with a moonstone pendant I made ages and ages ago ... so now I also have a superfluous watch and a very ironic bracelet.

And that's not even mentioning the paste.

I appreciate the attentions of The Jewelry Fairy oh-so-much, but let's just say this would be an awesome time for a visit from either her sister The Self Control Fairy, or, better yet, an extended visit from her other sister, The Windfall Fairy.

First of all--Chrono's AVC with RED spinel cushions. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/green-garnet-red-pink-spinels-pink-tourmaline-and-more.189076/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/green-garnet-red-pink-spinels-pink-tourmaline-and-more.189076/[/URL] Absolutely TDF. I planned to use my OEC as a pendant, but I've decided to go for a three stone ring after seeing Chrono's AVC one more time.

I LOVED your sapphire and seed pearl choker. Earlier, I said that I bought a few natural sapphires--what I meant was that I bought a few natural pearls. They my original obsession, even before colored stones. And, I LOVED your ruby ring too. I'm crazy about rubies. The diamond bracelets--I haven't seen them yet but I'm off to hunt by a thread. It does seem that the Jewelry Fairy made an extended visit to your house! I'm still waiting on the Windfall Fairy--I'm hoping she'll help me fund my settings :bigsmile: .

Its so wild that a lot of my wish list was knocked out at once. I've been looking for a roughly 1ct diamond for ages, and never found one that was really beautiful within my price range. Then, I found this diamond. Then, found the perfect setting for my small ruby (I didn't end up getting it, sadly). The setting was similar to LostSapphire's Blueberry, especially a very prominent halo type of look for a 5 round stone, which would have been perfect for me. And then this paraiba. With the setting, I know I'll be able to recreate the look, even if it has to be at a higher price. But for the OEC and paraiba, I didn't think so.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Except that with virtual gem shopping, your gems don't give you any attitude issues unlike online dating. :lol: Getting a massive package is always fun; you don't know which one to wear first and thank you for the kind words about my AVC ring. When do you think your thunderstorm will show up at your doorstep?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1381959937|3539038 said:
Indy, fabulous haul! I've never had that kind of luck all at once, nor the stuff in my wallet when I needed it. Can't wait to see photos, especially of the paraiba, yike!

--- Laurie

Thank you!! I can't wait to get it. I wish I had more in the wallet--I just spent the large majority of my gem fund on gems, but with little left for an appropriate setting. ;( I'll be scouring LT & DB soon to scope out settings. I hope I find something reasonable, fast!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock

-upgrade to 5ct
-upgrading my setting
-OEC 3 stone ring
-Cartier Love bracelet

I just checked out your 5ct. Can I say :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: Is there a fainting emotie? I could use one right about now. Wow, wow, wow. So stunning. I don't check out SMTB too often, so I missed it when it was originally posted. I'll update with my paraiba the moment I get it!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock

Minou, thank you! I cannot wait myself! :appl: :appl: I hope its as good as it seems.

Chrono--I just wrote out the longest reply, and the webpage didn't submit it properly. ;( So, the paraiba should arrive within a few days. The vendor typically ships quickly, but not overnight. I hope its what I was looking for! I did sacrifice a little color for a lot of size--I was choosing between two stones, one that was .5 carat and one that was about 2-3 carats, so I went for the larger. The diamond should have arrived today, but it was sent to the wrong address. :errrr: I route my billing info to my family's address, that is more permanent than my own. I was definitely explicit in supplying the correct address. The vendor then requested that I confirm my address (with the wrong address in the email) and then sent out the diamond without even receiving a confirmation from me. :-o I was really stressed to see my $$ and dream diamond on the line, and I'm not typically one to stress about my jewelry purchases. :sick: The vendor did send me a new shipping label to ship it for free to the correct address. So--tomorrow! I can't wait to see it. You can only imagine my feeling when I logged online to track it, just to realize that it was on its way to another house! ;(

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IndyLady|1382046504|3539682 said:

Minou, thank you! I cannot wait myself! :appl: :appl: I hope its as good as it seems.

Chrono--I just wrote out the longest reply, and the webpage didn't submit it properly. ;( So, the paraiba should arrive within a few days. The vendor typically ships quickly, but not overnight. I hope its what I was looking for! I did sacrifice a little color for a lot of size--I was choosing between two stones, one that was .5 carat and one that was about 2-3 carats, so I went for the larger. The diamond should have arrived today, but it was sent to the wrong address. :errrr: I route my billing info to my family's address, that is more permanent than my own. I was definitely explicit in supplying the correct address. The vendor then requested that I confirm my address (with the wrong address in the email) and then sent out the diamond without even receiving a confirmation from me. :-o I was really stressed to see my $$ and dream diamond on the line, and I'm not typically one to stress about my jewelry purchases. :sick: The vendor did send me a new shipping label to ship it for free to the correct address. So--tomorrow! I can't wait to see it. You can only imagine my feeling when I logged online to track it, just to realize that it was on its way to another house! ;(

Yeah, that heavy, all-of-a-sudden-your-stomach-drops-three-feet, you can't breathe or swallow, you're moving in a panic but the world has suddenly slowed down and you're stuck in molasses feeling? So sorry, that is bad, just bad. They owe for pain and lots of suffering!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I was honestly a little shocked. Its a well known, and popular vendor. I suppose when you'e in the diamond business shipping a diamond is no big deal, but, I mentioned twice in my email correspondence that I would like to diamond shipped to a different address from my billing address (which I never supplied apart from the payment process) and provided that address. I understand that the mistake is an easy one to make, but..I was surprised nonetheless. I use this address and use a card associated with the other address very often, and have never had this mix-up before.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
SB621|1381976536|3539230 said:
Oh Circe. It started when I didn't buy your beautiful strawberry ring. Truly that will forever be my "one that got away" but I think you know this as I constantly remind you. Anyhow I found something I love just as much off Jbeg. There are pictures of it here and there scattered on PS, but the issue is that Jbeg had an "M" center OEC in it that I switched out for a "J" OEC and the 3rd party vendor royally screwed up (BTW completely indepedant of Jbeg I hired him). He added a bezel without asking me totally changing the ring. He fixed it but there are still some issues. It doesn't look nearly as dainty or beautiful as the orginal version. I will eventually send it back to Jbeg to see if their bench can put it back to the orginal version. But for now I'm just so upset about it I need to walk away from it. I do love it and actually I would sell my 5ct AC before I had to sell this setting- THAT is how much I love it. But I can't do a SMTB thread on it right now b/c it depresses me.

Oh, honey. That SUCKS. It particularly sucks when its something you've been looking forward to and loving - and I'm very sympathetic to that, having had it happen more than once. I'm glad you found something you love, though, and I have faith that JBEG can make it right: their jewelers are really impressive.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results