shape
carat
color
clarity

When it goes the “other way”…..

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve certainly bought pieces that weren’t what I thought or perhaps hoped.
My beautiful “spessartite garnet” ring that was actually a lab orange sapphire! Oops. Back then I didn’t appreciate that sapphire even came in orange let alone they made lab material that colour.
Oops.
Oh well, I still love the ring and the lab orange sapphire.
On eBay, my favourite hunting ground, I’m currently on the lookout for white gold pendants. I spotted a nice 14kt one with “pink and white stones”. It was very pretty and for $150 fair enough I thought.
Well, I was surprised it’s not a lab pink sapphire, it’s more red than pink but it’s NOT lab.
It’s natural. It’s heated, I can see “exploded” crystal under the microscope and rutile silk remnants. Shocked! Can’t tell if it’s been high heat treated to seal internal fissures but it’s not glass filled.
So there you go, I was wrong again, but the other way.
26207694-517E-4C0C-966F-EFB382375179.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to bump this because i am sure there are some great stories of pleasent surprises out there

if i can be bothered walking in the rain (right now it isnt raining- we have had about 2 wet days this year) im taking my probably glass/ possibly synthetic tourmaline in tomorrow to get tested for glass

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Haha

Not much of a story. I came across a pair of preloved earrings online and bought it as I thought it looked nice and very wearable. Was preloved item price, not marked as designer or anything. Some time after I got it, came across earrings of a similar style while bling browsing and realised that it could be from the same designer. Reached out to the designer and confirmed that it is the same pair that won an award a few years ago.

5602A1A8-440C-479B-A49E-7779E7501E21.jpeg

Cant find better pics so here is half the earrings. Irl color is lighter/less saturated than on screen:

1084C3E8-2BA9-42FB-89DC-D87DB3E9A641.jpeg

That’s all! Not exciting and not much of a story. But made me very happy after I found out it’s an award winner.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results