shape
carat
color
clarity

When did Tom Cruise get so grotty?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I''m of the Risky Business generation..... but he is the creepiest, most controlling celebrity ever!! Am I wrong? Poor Katie, POOR Suri!!!!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
He is getting old now.
9.gif

Yeah.. I often wonder why Katie is attracted to him...

so weird...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AFAIC he was always grotty.
14.gif

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2010 7:38:58 PM
Author: Maisie
He is getting old now.
9.gif

You might be onto something, there, Maisie.
9.gif
Now that I am back in the dating scene, I can't help noticing that the single men are predominantly older, bitterer, ruder, and meaner than they were in their 20s and early 30s. Not just to me. To everyone, and particularly to women. They have some sense of entitlement that I never saw in men when I was in my 20s and 30s. It must be: marriage ruins them. They get too used to barking orders and controlling everyone.
9.gif
Uh, yeah, Dad. Yew waaahnt huhwhut, When??? hahahahahaha! Take a number, and stand in line.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
I hate to admit it, but I still find him unbelieveably attractive. That being said, he is also super lame. I separate the two.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2010 7:36:40 PM
Author:Uppy
I''m of the Risky Business generation..... but he is the creepiest, most controlling celebrity ever!! Am I wrong? Poor Katie, POOR Suri!!!!!!
I think he jumped the shark around the time of the demise of his marriage to NK.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2010 4:54:04 AM
Author: missydebby
I hate to admit it, but I still find him unbelieveably attractive. That being said, he is also super lame. I separate the two.
LOL. I find him creepy and highly controlling but admit he looked like he had aged backwards on the MTV awards when he presented w/Cameron Diaz. How''d he do that?

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/17/2010 5:08:21 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
Date: 6/16/2010 7:36:40 PM

Author:Uppy

I think he jumped the shark around the time of the demise of his marriage to NK.

I feel the same way...but perhaps he had been creepy a long time before they split up and was just more private about it? I felt bad when they divorced, but now, can see why! Perhaps practicing Scientology has changed him too?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I read this about Scientology:

In the book The Science of Survival, in the Chart of Human Evaluation Hubbard said that a man high in the chart has a strong interest in sex and the rearing of children

There was always speculation about Tom Cruise and his orientation. I wonder if he got married and had a baby just because it was expected of him as a Scientologist.

Just a thought.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/17/2010 12:56:40 PM
Author: Maisie
I read this about Scientology:

In the book The Science of Survival, in the Chart of Human Evaluation Hubbard said that a man high in the chart has a strong interest in sex and the rearing of children

There was always speculation about Tom Cruise and his orientation. I wonder if he got married and had a baby just because it was expected of him as a Scientologist.

Just a thought.
I remember there was a lot of speculation a few years back. That is quite interesting. I didn''t know that. Did the article say anything about the views of Scientology pertaining to sexual orientation?
You could have a strong interest in sex and rearing children no matter what your sexual orientation, but if Scientology deems homosexuality as a big taboo, that would be interesting.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I read that they don''t have an official stance on Homosexuality and members are banned from discussing it.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Well I guess no answer is an answer too... hmmmm...

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Please remember that Scientology is a religion so please keep religion out of the discussion.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I just had to comment about the title of this post. We don''t hear the word "grotty" here much, it had me giggling. I picture a little kid saying "Eeeew, he''s icky, and nasty, and GROTTY!"

I''ve never understood his appeal, I''m not attracted to the frat boy type, but he does seem to be aging backwards, and does not look 20 years older than his wife (or whatever their age difference is).

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Well, he certainly makes my Smarm-O-Meter go off.

I never did think he was cute, cool, or an actor.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
IMO he has always been grotty, people are just noticing it more now because he is older and weirder.

He really bothers me because I do not think he is a good actor, I do not find him attractive, I can not relate to or like any of his characters, he is very short for a hollywood actor not to mention all the weird, ignorant and stupid things he comes up with in interviews. I just don''t see how he ''made it'' and why people continue to employ him.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Haha, I don''t know the word "grotty"???! I''ve heard "grody" (or is that "groty"???! Either way, long "o" sound!) and it means kinda dirty, icky, just one shade shy of gross.

But "grotty"??! What does it mean? Same thing??!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2010 8:17:55 PM
Author: Lynn
Haha, I don''t know the word ''grotty''???! I''ve heard ''grody'' (or is that ''groty''???! Either way, long ''o'' sound!) and it means kinda dirty, icky, just one shade shy of gross.

But ''grotty''??! What does it mean? Same thing??!
Lynn, you lost your "B"!!!!!!!!

I actually used dictionary.com to find the correct spelling for ''grotty.'' It is the long ''o'' sound of grody or groty. Same smarmy difference!!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha, I don''t know the word ''grotty''???! I''ve heard ''grody'' (or is that ''groty''???! Either way, long ''o'' sound!) and it means kinda dirty, icky, just one shade shy of gross.

to me grotty would be what is left in the pool filter at the hefner mansion ;-)

April20

Ideal_Rock
He completely creeps me out. He just gets weirder and weirder. I wonder what''s next!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2010 10:56:32 PM

Haha, I don't know the word 'grotty'???! I've heard 'grody' (or is that 'groty'???! Either way, long 'o' sound!) and it means kinda dirty, icky, just one shade shy of gross.

But 'grotty'??! What does it mean? Same thing??!

This pretty much sums it up for me. It was downhill all the way after Risky Business. Rob Lowe -- same thing, a rapid decline into grotty-ness. Now, Johnny Depp, on the other hand...

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/17/2010 11:17:24 PM
Author: sarap333

Date: 6/17/2010 10:56:32 PM

This pretty much sums it up for me. It was downhill all the way after Risky Business. Rob Lowe -- same thing, a rapid decline into grotty-ness. Now, Johnny Depp, on the other hand...
(Drools)
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
lucky, lucky Vanessa Paradis

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/17/2010 4:54:04 AM
Author: missydebby
Big ditto!!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never cared for him as an actor. I thought he was ok looking but he always comes across, to me anyway, as unbelievably arrogant, and I just can''t tolerate that.

Johnny Depp on the other hand..he was nice looking when he was younger, but as he''s gotten older I find that I have a hard time not licking the tv/computer/movie screen when I see him.

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
I have never found Tom Cruise attractive in any way.
I will not watch him in any movie because I don''t find the
characters he plays believable. All I can see is
Tom Cruise.
Casting him in Interview With The Vampire was a travesty.

Now Johnny Depp I would be willing to tie up, bathe and shave.
For the common good of course.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
I think Tom Cruise is an absolute creeper! He totally grosses me out. Katie Holmes grosses me out too now, just for being associated with him. Every time I see him on TV my upper lip curls a bit. haha.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results