shape
carat
color
clarity

What's your thoughts on these rings please?

Vonniexx

Rough_Rock
So my partner wants me to choose a ring for our 20th anniversary and I've 3 that I like but stuck on what one to choose!! What do you think? Thankyou xx 20190809_093201.jpg Screenshot_20190809-092922_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20190809-092857_Chrome.jpg

Vonniexx

Rough_Rock
Thankyou!! I was hoping it would be between these 2! I've attached more pics of them. Now to decide between these 2 now lol. Which ones have better stones do u think? 20190809_103114.jpg 20190809_103051.jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like number one the most too but beware of the I2 clarity. Already I can see some big dark spots on the ring modelled on the first of the above two photos that you posted. I'm afraid that you might be disappointed with this when you receive it.

Vonniexx

Rough_Rock
I like number one the most too but beware of the I2 clarity. Already I can see some big dark spots on the ring modelled on the first of the above two photos that you posted. I'm afraid that you might be disappointed with this when you receive it.
Is this the one you like most? 20190809_103114.jpg

The settings of the stones are different is their a name for them?

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this the one you like most? 20190809_103114.jpg

The settings of the stones are different is their a name for them?

Yes, this is the ring that I preferred out of the three that you posted above. I can see that the ring includes both round brilliant and step cut diamonds. The melee, round brilliant diamonds are prong set but the ones in the middle are set in a way that they sit firmly right next to each other, obviously in order to create the impression of a one single bigger diamond. I think that this also falls into the category of illusion settings but I'm not by any means as knowledgable as many other members in this forum, so I hope that other fellow PSers will chime in soon, in order to help you more!:wavey:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't buy any of these because the diamonds aren't high quality at all, and for $4k you could find something much better.

The diamonds will be "dead" and won't sparkle much because they aren't well cut. So you'll have high ct weight, but none of the benefits of nice diamonds (fire/scintillation, etc).

What is your budget? We can help you find something much better!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Yes, if you have a set budget we can find you something that makes your heart sing!

new-beginning

Shiny_Rock
think she might be in the UK - suggest Blue Nile for better quality - the rings you have shown are very poor quality as far as clarity of the diamonds. Why not check out the Blue Nile site and look for rings where the clarity is no lower than S1?

anon34985

Shiny_Rock

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you looked at Costco? Pretty jewelry and I've heard here that the quality is pretty darn good for a big box store.

I was going to suggest Costco too! I have two rings from Costco and I am really happy with the quality, the diamonds are clear and sparkly and they are well made.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't buy any of these because the diamonds aren't high quality at all, and for $4k you could find something much better.

The diamonds will be "dead" and won't sparkle much because they aren't well cut. So you'll have high ct weight, but none of the benefits of nice diamonds (fire/scintillation, etc).

What is your budget? We can help you find something much better!
Absolutely agree with this!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I agree with this! I just quickly looked at the Costco UK online shop, and this one stuck out as it comes in under budget as well, looks similar to the finger coverage she might be going for.
https://www.costco.co.uk/Jewellery-...nt-Cut-Diamond-Ring-18ct-White-Gold/p/1285543
That is an excellent recommendation. Night and day from the original rings under consideration. Costco puts their vendors through great scrutiny to get space in their store. And you have the full accountability with Costco should you need it. And, let's face it, it is so much nicer to have a ring with an actual center stone versus a bunch of little stones pushed together to give the illusion. This is just a much more quality piece. I mean, it's an I color, VS2, in a double halo, in 18k!!! Like who wouldn't want that?... I know I would!!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2AACD259-31E3-4F23-A54E-DB779964498C.jpeg @Vonniexx

This ring was on air this morning in the clearance

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The clearance price is more realistic, I was going to comment that all of these rings are massively overpriced for the carat weight and diamond quality! For £4K you could easily find a gorgeous diamond and setting. Blue Nile is good for people in the U.K., but there are other U.K. based sites like 77diamond that allow you to make your own ring, eg, (just picked a stone through the advanced filters, I know nothing about Princess cuts, this is just an example of what you could do after a bit more research)
C8B93765-9894-4CF3-8781-DE0DA21A65A4.jpeg

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
^^^^^ this

A much better ring! Beautiful choice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results