shape
carat
color
clarity

What's Worth Buying at Tiffany for 400?

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Let's say, hypothetically, a certain someone won, but did not intend to win, an auction for a 400 dollar Tiffany gift card.

What, if anything, would you say is worth buying at Tiffany around that price?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like their sterling silver pens and key rings (over priced but nice).
In terms of jewellery, I like their infinity bracelet with the Tiffany blue enamel or the silver ball bead bracelet with the Tiffany Heart tag.
Again, you are paying too much for just silver, but as long as it “screams” Tiffany you can feel not too bad about spending so much just on silver.

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The first piece of jewelry I bought my SO was this https://www.tiffany.com/jewelry/necklaces-pendants/paloma-picasso-loving-heart-pendant-33914679

The chain broke within a month and the salesperson was exceptionally snooty when we took it in for a repair. I think the exact wording was "you know this is silver, and not going to stand up to rough handling."

However, she's worn that necklace almost every day since, so I agree with you that their silver might be simultaneously overpriced and worth it.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Victoria Diamond Cluster pendant...and you only have to chip in $4200. :eek2: Just kidding. My thought is this...either you buy something that is overpriced and not something that you really like or you use the $400 toward the purchase of something that you want. I had the same issue but it was a return of a baby gift for store credit. I used the proceeds of the unwanted gift and bought a beautiful silver frame I used for daughter's baby picture. She can use it when she gets married. I had to add $ to make the purchase happen but I love it. Suggestions around the $400 mark are the P.Picasso Olive leaf pendant-medium, or two Loving Heart Bar pendants that you can engrave and give as gifts to daughters, sisters, mom etc. They are each $225. If you go higher, the Atlas pierced circle with diamonds in gold for $850 or Bowtie (med) in gold for $975. I only looked at pendants and no housewares or other jewelry.....

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The Victoria Diamond Cluster pendant...and you only have to chip in $4200. :eek2: Just kidding. My thought is this...either you buy something that is overpriced and not something that you really like or you use the $400 toward the purchase of something that you want. I had the same issue but it was a return of a baby gift for store credit. I used the proceeds of the unwanted gift and bought a beautiful silver frame I used for daughter's baby picture. She can use it when she gets married. I had to add $ to make the purchase happen but I love it. Suggestions around the $400 mark are the P.Picasso Olive leaf pendant-medium, or two Loving Heart Bar pendants that you can engrave and give as gifts to daughters, sisters, mom etc. They are each $225. If you go higher, the Atlas pierced circle with diamonds in gold for $850 or Bowtie (med) in gold for $975. I only looked at pendants and no housewares or other jewelry.....

Thank you for the suggestions. Yes I agree that 400 dollars at Tiffany may really be too little to get a truly worthwhile piece.

Will ask the SO what she prefers on our anniversary. Worst case maybe we'll trade it for something on LT or resell it.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
5E94A899-5C36-4BA7-8199-42B20DC0D9A1.jpeg I have a lovely bracelet from T&co. It’s so comfortable to wear and really pretty. I have my initials engraved on the back of the tag. It’s the one on the left. The other one was £22 from eBay I had made with my grandchildren’s initials :mrgreen2:

Attachments

• 3CF71C6A-6399-420E-AD11-A75A3395E177.jpeg
    3CF71C6A-6399-420E-AD11-A75A3395E177.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 22

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I’ve always liked some of the classic Elsa Peretti designs like bean or open heart. You can just about get the smallest designs in gold at 400 I think.

secretagentlaura

Shiny_Rock
Premium
There are several sterling silver pieces in their Infinity series that are $200-500-ish. I have the ring with the rose gold accent, and I like how it sort of "nests" with some of my other rings for a neat stack. This Endless Necklace is pretty, too.

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for all of the suggestions. I'm leaning towards getting some earrings at this point, maybe with a colored stone so it's not "just" silver. Guessing their colored stones are as overpriced as their silver, but what do you think?

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for all of the suggestions. I'm leaning towards getting some earrings at this point, maybe with a colored stone so it's not "just" silver. Guessing their colored stones are as overpriced as their silver, but what do you think?
Would you consider something other than jewelry? IIRC the Italian leather zip wallet is $400 & Tiffany blue is amongst the color choices; think all their sunglasses styles are about $350 (the ones I tried on were very comfortable). Or perhaps something(s) in the Housewares section?

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Would you consider something other than jewelry? IIRC the Italian leather zip wallet is $400 & Tiffany blue is amongst the color choices; think all their sunglasses styles are about $350 (the ones I tried on were very comfortable). Or perhaps something(s) in the Housewares section?

It doesn't have to be jewelry but I'd feel a little strange spending $350 on a pair of sunglasses at our current income level, and I just got her a new wallet.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesn't have to be jewelry but I'd feel a little strange spending $350 on a pair of sunglasses at our current income level, and I just got her a new wallet.
Understand completely -- but hey, what about that $375 ice cream scoop!
More seriously, I was surprised to see the poor choice of gemstone earrings currently shown in the under-$500 price range; wonder if they'll introduce fresh merchandise closer to the holidays. Speaking of the holidays, perhaps the two of you could use the gift card to buy some December gifts for family member(s)?

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yeah, we can probably hold onto it for a while. No rush. And who knows when someone will want something from Tiffany's right? :)

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would get something for the house with that money. Tiffany sells nice tableware and crystal. We received Tiffany crystal bowls as wedding gift and I actually use them. Candy dish, key holder by the door, larger bowls for fruit, etc. you can buy a nice set of old fashioned glasses or a water pitcher.

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
Or you can offer it up for sale or barter.8-)

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results