What's the deal on this paraiba?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My web refuses to open it.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fine print says it is treated but not what kind of material. The rest is cz and sterling so I wouldn't expect a natural stone. Guessing the image is also treated. If they made lab paraibas that glowed like that, I'd get in line for one :)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are the pics for those that can't open the link.

paraiba 10.jpg
paraiba 11.jpg
paraiba 13.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My best guess is that these pics have been heavily doctored. You wouldn't find a glowy tourmaline with that intense of a color for $40. Treated or not (especially since most are heat treated anyway). Kinda looks like gem silica in the last pic.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could be dyed?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's just insane amounts of Photoshop and lighting. And / or it's fake.

sydneyatl

Shiny_Rock
Looks like a heavily doctored image to me.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The eBay seller sells all lab created gems so no, it’s not a real Paraiba. That said, if you just want a fun costume jewellery ring, for cheap, why not.

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Reading the reviews from prior buyers from the e-bay vendor, I wouldn't touch it for $40.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh goodness. I wouldn’t buy it for $40. There’s no telling what “surprise” you’ll get when you open the package. You could get a pretty cabbed apatite for that price. A fine gem silica would be way more expensive.

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
Oh goodness. I wouldn’t buy it for $40. There’s no telling what “surprise” you’ll get when you open the package. You could get a pretty cabbed apatite for that price. A fine gem silica would be way more expensive.
Oh, don't worry, y'all - I have/had no plans for ordering it at all. I was just wondering how they could be advertising such a thing expecting it to look anything like what is shown in the pictures.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results