shape
carat
color
clarity

what''s the best camera to buy to take diamond pictures

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janmlau

Rough_Rock
i''m trying to buy a camera with some sort of a macro lens so i can shoot pictures of diamond jewelry (in detail). and also what''s a good thing that i need to capture the diamond''s sparkle?

please advise..

thank you
janet

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lower cost:
Nikon coolpix line of cameras

$150 - $600

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
No recommendations here, but we use an Olympus C-750 which cost ~$500. In the macro mode, it works fine for us...

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 9/6/2004 12:32:21 PM websailor wrote:

No recommendations here, but we use an Olympus C-750 which cost ~$500. In the macro mode, it works fine for us...
----------------

We got that camera a year ago, it has already been replaced by a newer model. However, it is a 10x optical zoom, 4 megapixel camera. The only thing we don't like about it is that the xD Picture cards are more expensive than other cards.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Second the Olympus. If I had bought mine earlier that's what I would have gotten. I have an Olympus C-4000. Not sure if it's still available, but it has a really great super-macro mode.

Also look here: http://www.imaging-resource.com/WB/WB.HTM?view=dp_macro

daboyzmomi

Shiny_Rock
Currently in the process to replace my 10 yr old Minolta 35mm to a digi-slr. The contenders are:

Canon EOS Rebel Digital SLR
Konica Minolta Dimage A2 Digital SLR
Canon - PowerShot Pro 1 Digital
Canon - Powershot G6 Digital Camera

Anyone have any opinions on these? I'm having a hard time deciding as I am so use to an SLR type camera, but they are so bulky. I just told hubby that it HAS to take good diamond pictures or we are taking it back! LOL....

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Ummmm... I don't think the PowerShots are SLRs???

daboyzmomi

Shiny_Rock
No, you are correct they aren't SLR. But, these are what hubbies buddy who is a VP for a camera store is recommending as a substitute if we don't want to go the SLR route. Sorry for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results