shape
carat
color
clarity

What's it worth? 10k yellow gold vintage peridot ring

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think it's peridot. It looks like Uranium glass, or synthetic spinel.
Very popular in Mid-century jewelry.
The value would be in the gold, and 10k is low carat gold. I'd say $150-200.

Alicia728

Rough_Rock
I had a jeweler glance at it. I havent done a full appraisal, but he felt it was a peridot. I will look into uranium glass and spinel though. Thank you

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with @stracci2000 - that also doesn’t look like peridot to me.

Alicia728

Rough_Rock
Is there any way I can confirm myself whether or not it's a peridot on my own?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It reminds me of prasiolite (green amethyst)...

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah I'd be surprised if that's peridot :think:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, I think it’s synthetic Spinel, maybe Prasiolite. wrong tone for Peridot.
Looking for inclusions with a Loupe might help but I suspect it’s pretty “flawless” to x10 magnification so that’s an indication of synthetic Spinel.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I have a prasiolite that looks like that in tone. It could be a synthetic spinel too. Neither is worth a whole lot monetarily.

starfishmomma

Rough_Rock
Hi, peridot is a type of olivine, so called because of an olive green sort of colour. There may be variations as with other coloured stones but I've only ever seen peridot in the usual olivine shade of green. I don't think it's so valuable that there would be much point in jewellers making jewellery out of a shade not normally considered typical of peridot.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am always astounded at the ignorance of jewelers with colored gems. So him saying it is peridot because it is greenish, is not surprising. To me personally the color and tone does not look like peridot (I have a number of pieces of peridot jewelry).
The relative cost of peridot versus these other options is so little not sure it makes sense to pay to have it evaluated by a professional. The cost would be in the setting and how appealing it is. I can't tell you what it is, but here are links to what glass ring looks like, and a synthetic spinel.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/709301...ing&ref=sr_gallery-1-7&organic_search_click=1
https://www.etsy.com/listing/386140...f=sr_gallery-1-8&organic_search_click=1&frs=1

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
If you want rule out/in uranium glass, shine a black light on it in the dark. If it lights up neon green it’s likely uranium glass.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm gonna say if that's a peridot then I'm a man LOL! Echoing the uranium glass suggestion, it's a pretty cool ring whatever it is.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Total coincidence but I found this one one of my daily online haunts. It's 10k and listed as peridot looks like the same stone as in the OP's ring IMO

IMG_5985.jpg IMG_5986.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results