shape
carat
color
clarity

What's fir supper?

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thinking of what to prepare for supper can be quite a chore. Thought I would start a thread and post a picture if what I prepared for inspiring ithers. I am by no means a good cook... but I love to eat! Please post of pic of what you made for supper... we can learn from each other!

For tonight in my household: Fried rice with chicken, ham, peas, carrots, corn and egg!

_6276.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
No pics because there's nothing left, but we had whole wheat pasta with a turkey ragu. What makes this recipe extra tasty is that you add 2/3 C of Philadelphia Italian Herb Cooking Creme right at the end and it makes it creamy and delicious without adding tons of fat (I used the light version). Even my kids eat it, which is great since it has tomatoes, carrots and onions in it (aka veggies...shhh, don't tell them!)...next time, I'll take photos. Added a green veggie and fruit for dessert and it was a lovely meal!

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That sounds delicious Yenny!

How is the whole wheat pasta? I have had it years ago, but disliked it because it was not as smooth as the white pasta. I have converted to whole wheat bread, but have yet to convert to whole wheat pasta. I guess it is just a matter of getting used to?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Coco's Curry Chicken direct from Japan...You will only know how extremely addictive it is if you have been to a Coco's Curry House in Japan or Korea.

NTave

Shiny_Rock
A couple steak tips on the grill, something we call packet, which is just whatever is in the fridge for veggies stirfried with whatever herbs we have around mixed in cooked over the grill, tonight it was zuchinni, summer squash, green beans, Vidalia onion and grape tomatoes, and "noodle salad" which is a greek pasta salad made for the gluten eating members of the fam.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
No pictures since the thread came after dinner was already made and consumed, but tonight was baked vegetarian egg rolls. They were stuffed with kale, carrots, bean sprouts, and scrambled egg and dipped in sweet chili sauce. Om nom nom. :lickout:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Last night I made chicken fettuccine alfredo and I always add roma tomato, green onions, and sliced mushrooms to the sauce. It's probably weird but I love the flavors together. We had steamed veggies on the side. Leftovers will be for tonight's dinner.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Fi.Z|1368491621|3446352 said:
That sounds delicious Yenny!

How is the whole wheat pasta? I have had it years ago, but disliked it because it was not as smooth as the white pasta. I have converted to whole wheat bread, but have yet to convert to whole wheat pasta. I guess it is just a matter of getting used to?

Try it again Fi.Z...if you're going to eat a bowl of noodles and butter, you can taste a difference, but when mixed with a sauce, you really can't tell the difference. My 6yo and 8yo eat it without complaint, which is saying something! ;-)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
A medifast friendly Taco Bake was dinner last night and it was SO DAMN GOOD I burned myself taking the bite right out of the oven. Im not sure yet for tonight, it depends what is thawed the best. It could be leftovers of Taco Bake though if nothing is thawed, or burgers without a bun.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Oooo I love these kinds of threads!

It was fridge clean-out night. Spinach salad with toasted pecans and blue cheese, cold boiled egg sliced on top. Seedy buns, sliced cantelope, sliced avocado on the side, all with evoo dressing. Bliss coconut chocolate hazelnut 'ice cream' for dessert.

Tasty.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Last nights dinner: Spaghetti Bolognese, my style. I try to incorporate more and more veggies into every single dish I make.

I absolutely love arranging food and taking photos of it. Oddly enough, I've started watermarking my photos because people steal / reuse them and that annoys me.

_6328.jpg

Lulie

Shiny_Rock
Kelinas|1368568361|3446974 said:
Last nights dinner: Spaghetti Bolognese, my style. I try to incorporate more and more veggies into every single dish I make.

I absolutely love arranging food and taking photos of it. Oddly enough, I've started watermarking my photos because people steal / reuse them and that annoys me.

I've seen one of my pictures in a blog :???: It didn't bug me, but it's just silly. I've been trying to keep rotations and favorites with pictures in one file since the oldest is cooking now.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
It just annoys me when they take credit for cooking it. I found one of my pictures with a caption "......sorry for the ugly plate, but it was all I had ready!" Excuse me?!?! :angryfire: :nono: Fwiw that plate was pretty.

I help a Korean friend out time to time with recipes and send her photos with it- but I'm starting to see those circulate also (which I totally don't mind as long as they don't lie about being the owner of the picture)
It's just a pet peeve :sick:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I'm making my son's favorite hotdog pesto pasta. Slice some good kosher dogs up and saute some of the fat out, add cooked penne, and stir in store-bought pesto (Contadina). takes about 10 minutes to make....and serve with nice salad, with everything in a kit.

This is what working mom (me) who gets home at 7PM serves my kids on weekdays.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Fiz, whats your recipe for the rice, it looks great?!

Tonight im making chicken and asparagus in a creamy tarragon sauce with a bit of cheese melted overtop, served with rice. Its my fave recipe at the moment as its low cal and tastes indulgent - and i love to indulge =)

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Tonight I am making maple cinnamon marinated salmon with jalapeno butter corn and herbed brown rice. I tried my hand at mueseli for breakfast and loved it, you take rolled oats, bran or ground flax, and almonds, and soak them in yogurt thinned by almond milk or water and maple syrup overnight (I also added shaved coconut) and then you add whatever fruit or raisins you want in the morning. I added bananas as I was out of raisins. It was so good and it really helped me to wake up and feel fresh with how cool it was. I had coconut water with it. Last night I had chicken, provolone, spinach and hummus on toasted whole grain bread with a few goldfish. SO ate nachos lol

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I made some paleo lasagna last night. We love this stuff and use zucchini instead of pasta.

20130411_171737.jpg

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
recipe?

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1368718143|3448191 said:
I have used just mozzarella and that is good.

20130516_113017.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1368715645|3448173 said:
Tonight I am making maple cinnamon marinated salmon with jalapeno butter corn and herbed brown rice. I tried my hand at mueseli for breakfast and loved it, you take rolled oats, bran or ground flax, and almonds, and soak them in yogurt thinned by almond milk or water and maple syrup overnight (I also added shaved coconut) and then you add whatever fruit or raisins you want in the morning. I added bananas as I was out of raisins. It was so good and it really helped me to wake up and feel fresh with how cool it was. I had coconut water with it. Last night I had chicken, provolone, spinach and hummus on toasted whole grain bread with a few goldfish. SO ate nachos lol

df, I LOVE mueseli...I call it refrigerator oatmeal. Yum! I make it with greek yogurt and almond milk, with rolled oats, chia seeds, honey, some sort of extract, and usually frozen cherries or mango that then thaws overnight. Yummo!

Dinner last night was big salads with hardboiled egg, cheese, and homemade yogurt and herb dressing.

Dinner tonight is probably going to be barley-stuffed roasted summer squash and whole roasted artichokes with lemon and garlic. :lickout:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Awesome, thanks!!

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
vc10um|1368495496|3446397 said:
No pictures since the thread came after dinner was already made and consumed, but tonight was baked vegetarian egg rolls. They were stuffed with kale, carrots, bean sprouts, and scrambled egg and dipped in sweet chili sauce. Om nom nom. :lickout:
oh wow.... you made those yourself? what was the warpping? those sounds delicious!!!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Fi.Z|1368755814|3448712 said:
vc10um|1368495496|3446397 said:
oh wow.... you made those yourself? what was the warpping? those sounds delicious!!!

You can buy premade egg roll wraps in the refrigerator case of most grocery stores. Mine were Nasoya brand, I think, and they come 20 to a package. Just add a couple tablespoons of filling on the diagonal, fold one corner over, moisten the remaining free edges with a bit of water, fold in the ends and then roll to close! I brush a touch of oil on the baking sheet and then brush another touch of oil over the top so they get nice and brown and tada!

The sweet chili sauce was just from the international aisle at the store.

Amendment to my last post...tonight's dinner got moved to tomorrow because we went for a walk to enjoy the weather and I didn't have time to do the artichokes. So tonight was a kale, onion, and sweet potato frittata topped with parmesean and served with fresh from the farmer's market roasted asparagus. Yummmmm.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
It's winter here and I'm trying out a new soup recipe tonight. It's bacon, garlic, onion, carrot, potato and pea and I have a fresh crusty loaf of bread to serve it with.

It's nothing fancy, but I do love nice hearty easy winter meal with lots of vege!

_6462.jpg

4ever

Ideal_Rock
And....ta da!

The colour might be a little unappetising, but it's really good soup!

_6463.jpg

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I have to start remembering more pictures. Friday I made a cinnamon maple glazed salmon with brown rice that we drizzled with Trader Joe's Soyaki sauce. We had boiled corn on the cob and steamed veggies with it. It was SO GOOD.

This weekend I made blueberry cobbler with fresh local blueberries from a neighboring farm using whole wheat flour. I also combined home grown thyme with my Spanish EVOO to make home made thyme olive oil. YUM! 577642_10151618926674544_1404490088_n.jpg 923237_10151617397344544_623881633_n.jpg

P.S. excuse my messy cluttered counters we are still working on settling after moving

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Turkey & spinach lasagna with garlic cheese baguette (and homemade garlic compound butter)
I also put zucchini, yellow squash, carrots and sweet potato in it.

_6543.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results