shape
carat
color
clarity

What would your childhood teddy say about the person you have become?

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If teddies could talk...

They were adults when we were small. They know the reasons why we cried into their fur. They witnessed our childhood homes, our relationships with our siblings, and they probably read our diaries, too. And they loved us. The days were long while they waited for us to come home from school, I've heard. But most of all, they knew us when we were young and innocent.

If your old teddy rang your doorbell now, what do you think he'd say during a private fireside chat, after you'd fainted from shock and then invited him in? Would he be proud of you? Or would he pretend he'd got the wrong house?

Last edited:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First we would laugh at the time, me aged 17, letting out an almighty screech from the laundry room that caused my mother to come running expecting to find if not a dead body at least a copious quantity of blood.
nope.
I had just discovered Mr Ted inside the washing machine after a full cycle - accidentally caught up in the bed sheets I’d just washed. To add insult to injury, Mr Ted had to be pegged out by his ears for a few days to dry thoroughly.
Im sure he would be pleased how I turned out.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing!
Unlike your three siblings, you didn't self destruct from that childhood.

Good Job Kenny! :clap:

:lol-2: :lol-2: :lol-2: That sounds like a super-supportive teddy bear!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First we would laugh at the time, me aged 17, letting out an almighty screech from the laundry room that caused my mother to come running expecting to find if not a dead body at least a copious quantity of blood.
nope.
I had just discovered Mr Ted inside the washing machine after a full cycle - accidentally caught up in the bed sheets I’d just washed. To add insult to injury, Mr Ted had to be pegged out by his ears for a few days to dry thoroughly.
Im sure he would be pleased how I turned out.

:lol-2::lol-2::lol-2: I love it!

Are you sure he would laugh, though? I mean, he was pegged out by his ears.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He would start the following exchange:

Q: Why did you put me through three freeze-thaw cycles after you took me from Mom and Dad's house a few years back?

A: Moths

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did not have a teddy when I was growing up.

The soft toys in my parents' house were neatly arranged on a dressing table in my room shared with my sister, out of bounds. At one stage they were wrapped up in cellophane to minimise dirt and dust!

DK :roll2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn't have a ted
I have Octy
A 1970s brown vinyl zipped octopuses
He sits on the mirror still
i think he would be a bit sad
he knew i had more potential

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did not have a teddy bear but I had a big blue elephant who I loved dearly.
He was much taller than me when my aunt and uncle gave him to me.

What would shock him the most?

That I got married (from when I was a little bitty girl I "knew" I never wanted to get married haha) but thrilled for me since I married the the love of my life and we enjoy a wonderful life.

What would he not be surprised about?

That I went into healthcare and into a field to help those in an underserved community. My passion was always to help those who needed it most.

That we have four rescue cats and feed all the ferals in our neighborhood. I have always loved animals from the minute I was born.

That we have a house by the sea because from when I was a little girl I have adored the sea.

I wish my blue elephant was here with us right now. ❤️

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did not have a teddy bear but I had a big blue elephant who I loved dearly.
He was much taller than me when my aunt and uncle gave him to me.

What would shock him the most?

That I got married (from when I was a little bitty girl I "knew" I never wanted to get married haha) but thrilled for me since I married the the love of my life and we enjoy a wonderful life.

What would he not be surprised about?

That I went into healthcare and into a field to help those in an underserved community. My passion was always to help those who needed it most.

That we have four rescue cats and feed all the ferals in our neighborhood. I have always loved animals from the minute I was born.

That we have a house by the sea because from when I was a little girl I have adored the sea.

I wish my blue elephant was here with us right now. ❤️

What happened to Blue elephant?
Do your mum and dad still live in the house you grew up in or did Blue get lost in a move ?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What happened to Blue elephant?
Do your mum and dad still live in the house you grew up in or did Blue get lost in a move ?

My parents had to take him from me as I was crying and screaming. He was tattered and falling apart and it was time to give him rest and peace but I was having none of that. It was traumatic but no less traumatic when my parents hid my pacifier from me after using it for years. Let's just say I had trouble parting with things even when I was past the age it was reasonable lol.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My parents had to take him from me as I was crying and screaming. He was tattered and falling apart and it was time to give him rest and peace but I was having none of that. It was traumatic but no less traumatic when my parents hid my pacifier from me after using it for years. Let's just say I had trouble parting with things even when I was past the age it was reasonable lol.

Oh dear
Reminds me of when the horrible lady at the bank destroyed piggy

Lucky Octy is made of vinyl and not something more cuddly

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - what was the name of your blue elephant? And I'm sure that he deserved a rest. I have a feeling that he went to live on a farm and is much happier than he would have been living with cats, who might have mauled him. :D

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
My teddy would be proud of me. I have achieved everything I ever dreamed of & more besides. I used to tell my pink sheepskin teddy all my secrets & wishes including longing for & getting my first pony.Now 67 years later I still have 4 horses so pink teddy would be happy for me!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^^ Awww, that's so sweet! :kiss2:

ETA: But he might have felt not-good-enough since you used to tell him how much you longed for other animals apart from him. He might say, "You and those wretched ponies! I knew you preferred them. Four ponies, huh? And how many teddies do you have? None? I knew it!!" :lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results