shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you do?

If a loved one committed a serious crime would you turn them in to the authorities?

• 1. Absolutely. A serious crime is serious.

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • 2. No way. I am loyal no matter what.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • 3. Depends on who committed the crime. I will explain in the comments below.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. Other. I will explain in the comments below.

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If my child raped someone, murdered someone for pleasure or reasons other than acting upon years of abuse or the like, embezzled... yeah, I'd turn them in. I really don't think I have it in me to continue to love and support someone who is capable of intentional harm to others, regardless of my relationship to them. For me, any relationship I have with someone is largely dependent upon character and integrity. So I think I'd disconnect, and as such, be free to assist the authorities/victim if their crime warranted it.

I used to see this kind of issue as black & white, murder is murder, crime is crime. But I have since seen enough to realize that sometimes good people are brought to killing another after extreme circumstances. In cases like that, I can see having a different position.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am childless by choice, therefore, that is not going to happen to me personally.

However, when my fur child as in the dog, chased a lamb and tried to kill it during one camping trip (the lamb was in the wrong field), I did not hesitate to report the incident and took full responsibility for him being out of control, and arranged for him to receive further training to address the issue of chasing animals when he was out and about shortly after the incident.

So, yes, I believe I would report my own child to the authorities if he/she refuses to do so after I have made clear to him/her that I would do it if he/she refuses to turn him/herself in.

DK :))

If only all dog owners showed such responsibility DK

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is terrifying.
She could have ruined him. Had she accused him today - he WOULD have been ruined, no matter what truths might emerge later.

We have romanticized martyrdom. It's "cool" to be a victim now. Maybe one day life will cease to be a popularity contest.

Yes, people are encouraged to see themselves as victims now - of racism, abuse, the other sex, the list goes on. I believe it was Asia Argento who accused someone of rape and then she herself was accused of sexual abuse of a minor.

At this point, it's not raising awareness, it's diluting the importance of real victims.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results