shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you do with it?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you were going to reset it, what would you do?

I have some ideas but I'm not good at thinking outside the box. The diamond is a 1.01 G VVS2.

IMG_2831.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2831.PNG
    IMG_2831.PNG
    593.2 KB · Views: 20

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually like the setting, I'd just make the prongs less blob-like. Maybe delicate claw prongs, or even a bezel w/ milgrain

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@HappyNewLife, I so agree about these prongs and part of the problem is that the head is bent and it's not a peg head so I don't know that they can just switch the head out. That got me thinking it would probably be worthwhile just to reset it. Since the head is bent the diamond is not sitting straight in the setting and I can't wear it :sick:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have a side profile of the setting? I like the setting too and see no reason to put it in something "new" unless you dont like the
setting or the head cant be fixed (cant tell without a side view).

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As you all know, I love me a reset! What is your vision and budget?

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually just saw this today and although I am not a princess girl myself, I loved the color play with pink diamonds so much that I saved it as an inspiration:
059D8A5B-7189-456F-9A34-99FE0E555906.jpeg
Your colors can be reversed.

Also, I have always been in love with this princess three stone by LM (which can be replicated by other more affordable jewelers)

36DB10AA-891F-463D-8333-19C0CE6377F7.jpeg
And some of Maevona’s princess cut settings I find to be gorgeous (and affordable): https://instagram.com/p/BfPGEUYB_v3/
https://instagram.com/p/BcA4aRWhKR5/

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually just saw this today and although I am not a princess girl myself, I loved the color play with pink diamonds so much that I saved it as an inspiration:
059D8A5B-7189-456F-9A34-99FE0E555906.jpeg
Your colors can be reversed.

Also, I have always been in love with this princess three stone by LM (which can be replicated by other more affordable jewelers)

36DB10AA-891F-463D-8333-19C0CE6377F7.jpeg
And some of Maevona’s princess cut settings I find to be gorgeous (and affordable): https://instagram.com/p/BfPGEUYB_v3/
https://instagram.com/p/BcA4aRWhKR5/

LOVE both of these choices.
@StephanieLynn I think either of these settings would be amazbling with your diamond.
But if I was choosing for me I choose the second setting. Elegant and sophisticated.:love:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@tyty333, here is a profile shot. Not sure if it matters but the side diamonds are bead set. If it can be switched out to be straight and with better prongs, any idea on cost?

IMG_5125.JPG

@nala, I know you are the reset queen, you have a magic touch with making jewelry over. I really don't know where to start to be honest, I know I want different prongs but it's very limited with a princess because of the corners so my ideal would be split prongs on the corners. Also if I'm doing a reset a feminine setting that reduces the angular nature of the princess. Problem is I found I'm really an antique girl at heart but I have this great princess stone and it seems a lot of settings for princess diamonds obviously enhance that square nature of the stone. Maybe different prongs would help. Budget is maybe $1500 max.

@SimoneDi thanks for those suggestions, that Leon ring is amazing!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
F3CED962-68FD-4243-BFF5-E2524E4C8509.jpeg

I love the tapered baguette idea.

What about a soft cusion halo?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now I see the issue...cathedral. Couldnt tell that from the top. I remember seeing a kite set princess in a halo but the halo had a curvy pattern.
I remember thinking that it was pretty.

It was something like this but with a princess cut. 1 carat might be a little large to do something like this...not sure.
kite set.PNG
This is pretty too
princess capture.PNG

First thing though is I'd find out if its repairable and how much its going to cost.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Geesh all these recommendations are so pretty! My favorite though is that first pic with the kite set that Tyty shared.

Maybe I'll go talk to the jeweler tomorrow and see what they say perhaps if they say it can't be fixed I'll put it in a simple solitaire setting with better prongs so I can at least wear it.

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I've always liked princess three stones with pear sides with proportions like the below (random google image), but with V prongs on the princess and the pear tips.
top-6.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now I see the issue...cathedral. Couldnt tell that from the top. I remember seeing a kite set princess in a halo but the halo had a curvy pattern.
I remember thinking that it was pretty.

It was something like this but with a princess cut. 1 carat might be a little large to do something like this...not sure.
kite set.PNG
This is pretty too
princess capture.PNG

First thing though is I'd find out if its repairable and how much its going to cost.[/QUOTE

tyty--that first picture is FABU! Gosh, if StephL could have a ring made like that--with her Princess (and have a ring named after her!!)--how wonderful would that be!

cheers--Sharon

JmeeMrie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
If you were going to reset it, what would you do?

I have some ideas but I'm not good at thinking outside the box. The diamond is a 1.01 G VVS2.

IMG_2831.jpg

I like that setting with it.. I reaffirmed down the peg head is bent.. maybe a similar setting with integrated head and those corner edge prongs.. I am not sure what they're called.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LisaRN, LOVE that ring!

Well I may have been given a solution by the DH. Instead of trying to make it look antique why don't you just sell this one and get an antique stone. So I guess that is another option!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LisaRN, LOVE that ring!

Well I may have been given a solution by the DH. Instead of trying to make it look antique why don't you just sell this one and get an antique stone. So I guess that is another option!
Now THAT'S a great idea! I think you can get a kick a$$ old mine cut!!!!!:P2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results