shape
carat
color
clarity

What was your "turning point"?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
What was the "turning point" that made you decide to change to a healthier lifestyle?

I''ll start.....

I have had several throughout my small lifespan so far but most recently it was when I was trying on clothes at the mall a week or 2 ago! I couldn''t believe my measurements! It''s like I still saw myself as the skinny version of me subconsciously even though I knew darn well that I have gained a bit of weight.

That was when I thought, okay, enough is enough!

Another thing was that I was starting to see my depression come back again...big time....So, I knew that I needed to get off my lazy bum, get off of my laptop and do something to change....This took me quite a few months to do but, I did it! Now, I am just taking it one day at a time!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was a chronic fad dieter for most of my life, then 3 years ago I was going out to dinner and nothing fitted me properly - and I vowed there and then no more fad diets and I would give myself the gift of time to lose the weight. Instead of having to lose 10 pounds by yesterday
20.gif
as was my usual mentality, I made a deal with myself that I would feed my body properly and have patience, also not let myself get hungry. I also finally realized that if I was to get to where I wanted to be weightwise, it had to be a lifetime commitment and a journey - one that I could even enjoy at times. Over 3 years later I am in far better shape and even quit smoking over 2 years ago without gaining any weight back. My body isn't perfect and never will be, but I am reasonably content.

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Sadly, I''ve had one too many turning points. In the last five or so years, my weight has fluctuated 10 to 15 pounds. When I''m motivated, I''m down 10 or 15. When I''m not, I''m up 10 or 15. I usually hit the wall when 90% of my clothes no longer fit comfortably, though I''ve been known to live in denial longer and just hang out in sweats. I also hit the wall when I start feeling depressed about my appearance.

I am really trying to get to a happy medium where I can generally eat well, indulge a little and not feel like I''m constantly "dieting" and maintain a certain level of activeness without being a gym rat.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I made the necessary changes in my lifestyle for my health.I had dangerously high blood pressure, heart problems and I could barely walk around a store.One day I just decided I’d had enough; diet or die!I started my diet right then.It soon turned in to a lifestyle change.As I went along I found other reasons to motivate me like getting smaller, buying normal sized clothing, being able to do more, having more energy and stamina and it was very exciting to see my changes along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results