carat
color
clarity

What to wear to a wedding

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I have a wedding come up - it's on a Sunday at 6:30 P.M. in a few weeks.

They don't say a specific attire, but on their website, it says this:

The ceremony will be outside on terrace overlooking the ocean - you will want to dress light because it will still be hot out. You don't want to be overdressed - be comfortable!

I really would love to wear something OTHER than a dress because I just don't like dresses too much. Could I wear pants? And if so, what fabrics should I look for? And how do I keep the look summery yet dressy enough for a wedding?

I would love your ideas!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
If not a dress or skirt, I'd say the best option to stay cool and still look dressy would be linen pants with a pretty blouse!

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
second the linen pants! Any dress pants would be more than appropriate, but I would think they will be too hot. Maybe look for a 'linen look' as real 100% linen will wrinkle if you even think about sitting down. :twirl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would expect a lot of people to choose a sun dress with that kind of information, but I also think a dressy linen pants outfit could work.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't like wearing dresses or skirts either, so I'd also go with the suggestion of wearing lightweight pants and a blouse.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
agree with linen pants and a nice dressy blouse!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd hesitate to wear linen. Maybe it's just me, but find it wrinkles too easily!

Lulie

Shiny_Rock
Love linen but I can't stand wrinkles. I find jersey blends super comfortable and flowy. I purchased this one for a destination wedding, not a single wrinkle, worn with cute sandals, sunblock and a wrap:

jsboutiqueembellishedruched.jpg

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, guys!

I tried on a few dresses today and :knockout: I am pear-shaped, and have heavy legs, so it's really, really hard for me to find a shape of dress that flatters me. But I do think it would be the easiest option so I will keep looking.

I think dressy pants are definitely an option - but I do think that linen would wrinkle too easily. It helps to think of as "dressy" pants - rather than slacks.

If you run into any outfits that might be suitable, please share them!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
High waisted, wide-legged silk trousers and a cute top is what I would choose.

Years ago I had a pair of grey-blue silk trousers that were very fitted at the waist and over the hips and then flared out. Because they were as wide as they were they almost looked like a skirt and were very smart casual.

Silk is also cool and won't wrinkle like linen.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think most people will be in sundresses.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lulie|1309023908|2954860 said:
Love linen but I can't stand wrinkles. I find jersey blends super comfortable and flowy. I purchased this one for a destination wedding, not a single wrinkle, worn with cute sandals, sunblock and a wrap:

OH MY GLOB!
I DO hope that was Photoshopped.
I know people vary, but legs cannot be THAT long.

Please tell me plastic surgeons are NOT doing leg extensions now. :o :o :o

1.jpg

Ninna

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, maybe regional....most ladies would wear a dress.
LOL Kenny..that model is definitely Tall and probably wearing 'Tall' 45 from waist vs 'Reg' 41 from waist. Empire-illusion halter flatters most silhouettes. Dressing in one color [vertical line] elongates. :praise:

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Kenny, some people are wrongly proportioned. I'm one of them... my sisters are 6ft and 6ft 2" and have no problems finding clothes as they have similarly proportioned bodies and legs, so even if they have to shop at stores for tall people the clothes always fit.

I'm only 5ft 10" but all my length is in my arms and legs ( 45" waist to floor and just under 36" inside seam) - I used to have my suits made to measure and they had to add over 4" onto the sleeves and even more onto trousers to fit me. My father says I'm like a gorilla in that my knuckles dust the ground! I look relatively small when I'm sitting down as my torso is a normal size!

I remember at work a couple of people in the office deciding to measure my leg length and the girls saying they were envious - till I invited them to come shopping with me when they realised what a complete PITA it is! I can't wear the trousers designed for tall people as they are made to fit longer torsos as well - I permanently have trousers around 2" too short... ;( . I hear short people complain that they have to take the hems up on theirs, at least that is possible - you can't exactly add any on.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results