shape
carat
color
clarity

What to get a non jewelry loving hubby that you can share on PS?

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
OK, most of you have assured me that you can keep a secret! Well I hope that is true, because I am giving you all a sneak peek at the Christmas present I have purchased for my husband.

Now you know there will be no pictures until you put up with my story. And yes, there is a story....

I believe it was about 16 years ago my husband really wanted to join a business club in Chicago. I'm not sure of the process to join, if he needed sponsors or references, but it was an involved process. He had just started working at a new subsidiary of an established business. Perhaps because of that, this club only wanted one employee from his firm. Unbeknownst to my husband, a colleague applied at the same time and unfortunately for my husband, this colleague was selected for the club.

Usually my husband doesn't let things bother him, but he was a bit perturbed about the situation for awhile, until he realized he could just start his own alumni business council club. It took him quite a while for our alma mater to give permission, but they eventually did, because they really didn't think he'd do it. Well, he did. I recently went to his largest meeting, which is held during lunch, where he got and interviewed his most famous guest. It was quite impressive.

Because of the success of this alumni business council, several members wanted to sponsor my husband for yes you guessed it, the business club that had rejected him all those years ago. He was like, if you want to put my name in, fine. At this point it didn't really matter much to him, and well, this time he was accepted. I've had the opportunity to attend some of the programs with him.

Anyway his Christmas present is related to this business club that he is now a member of. Any guesses?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea but I’m anxious to hear the rest!

naroo_11

Shiny_Rock
Cufflinks or a tie tac.

naroo_11

Shiny_Rock
Wrist Watch.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
A nice Rolex :twisted2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A big gavel?=)2

I gots no idea!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m thinking you booked his favorite celeb for an appearance.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No idea! (Glad you made it home safely!)

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cuff links or a tie tac /pin with an inscription, logo or something to do with his business council?
Or perhaps a 3 carat Diamond, because when you’re happy he’s happy :kiss2:

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
Bron and mario you guessed it. Here's the video from HPD who were just great at trying to fulfill my vision for this

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
I learned lots about cufflinks during this project, and I selected a theme that was meaningful for him. I am so thankful to Sholdt, HPD: Layla and Wink, for helping me bring this project to a successful completion. I am really excited to give him this gift at Christmas. I know it's a long wait, but it's hard to surprise him, so I'm excited. Thank you for letting me share this!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are beautiful - I am sure he will be delighted with them! Such a thoughtful gift!

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Those are so cool! I drool over men in French cuff shirts... haha. I see the mic concept, what are they made out of? I’m sure you’ll give us more details! What a fun project!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results