by mintve » May 12, 2008 Hey ladies! I just got engaged last week while I vacation in Maui!! I am so excited and cannot believe I am off the LIW! I will send pics as soon as I can. I am waiting for my permanent setting, so my stone is set in a temp setting for now. When my fiance proposed, he wanted to surprise me, so he bought an inexpensive ring from a local jeweler (Shane Co). He succeeded in surprising me and now I have TWO e-rings. so, here is my question. I am not sure what to do w/ the proposal ring. my FI was going to retrun it to get his $ back, but now he is having second thoughts. We have a few options and I need opinions: 1. should I trade it in, along with some other diamond studs I have and upgrade my studs w/ all the $ 2. should I keep the ring as it is and maybe wear it on a chain? 3. take back the band, keep the stone and maybe set it in a vintage setting and wear it as RHR? 4. i thought about matching it up w/ another stone and having earrings, but the stone is a K SI2 and it may be too warm for earrings what are your thoguhts? since its a small stone .34, and warm at K and SI2, i think it may be well-suited for something vintage, if we keep it. IDEAS????