shape
carat
color
clarity

What time of day or night does your diamond look best?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckyguy

Rough_Rock
I was just wondering what people's opinnions are of when they think a diamond looks its best and WHY?

Does it have more scintillation/fire outside during the miday sun? Or does the midday sun make a stone seem to have more brilliance?

Is sundown that awesome time when your stone just sets off its majic?

Do you prefer dimm lighting indoors?

I'm just curious as to when others think a stone looks its best, but don't forget to mention your reasons as to what about that particular place and time does it for you.

clapton

Rough_Rock
I love the way my fiancee's 8* looks in low light conditions.

luckyguy

Rough_Rock
In low light conditions...sounds good. Are you talking indoors or outdoors? Also, why do you think you like it better in low light conditions? Does it reflect more light or does it reflect a bit more colors under these conditions?

The reason I'm asking is because my diamond is put up, and I'm working on when I will be proposing. Plus, I'm just curious like that and wondered when, where, and why different people liked their diamonds the most under various light conditinos.

Regards...

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
I know I'm always caught off guard when I'm driving on a nice sunny day and thousands of little rainbow filled dots start dancing around the door, dashboard, and myself! It's like an automatic reminder that the diamond is there...and then you're just happy it's so beautiful!:))

luckyguy

Rough_Rock
That's funny...I just so happenned to have a very similar experience on the way home the other day from buying the ring. Yes, I put it on. Hey, I bought it, and it's only mine for another few days, so, yes, I put it on for the drive home. It definitely was awesome to see the effect that you're talking about. I've never seen it in another diamond. Maybe, I never noticed before, or...maybe...my choice in a very finely cut stone may be the reason that I'm just now seeing that effect for the first time ever. I didn't even know that diamonds did that. Quite nice!

I've heard various people, such as Clapton above, mention that they like low level lighting; however, I'm not quite sure why they prefer this type of lighting. I'm not even sure what kind of low lighting they're talking about (dawn, dusk, candle, lamp, etc.) and what effect their diamond displays in this type of lighting. I do hope that more people will continue to give their opinions and thoughts with regard to what condition they like most to view their diamond and why.

Thanks, Tarams, for your thoughts...

Regards...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
We brought our diamond home today since we are taking it to the appraiser tomorrow and we tried it in all levels of light in the house, and the bathroom lighting BLEW us away!!! The stone practically blinds us while in the bathroom. The lights aren't even anything special, but maybe the intensity or something...its amazing! Also in true sunlight, it throws rainbows on my face and the walls, etc. VERY COOL!! :)

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Luckyguy, I believe low light brings out the fire. Next time have a look at the diamond with clear x-mas lights and watch the fireworks. I also like those blue-white halogen lights, cool white fluorescent lights bring out the brilliance depending on the angle in which you hold the diamond in my observations.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have a couple of pictures taken under 2 different light sources that you can view here. One is a direct light source (strong light) and one is a more diffuse source. They pics are toward the bottom of this page. http://www.goodoldgold.com/hearts_and_arrows.htm

Peace,
Rhino:))

luckyguy

Rough_Rock
Rhine,
Those were some nice pics...Thanks!
Regards...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
luckyguy--dont know if you popped the Q yet but we had the chance to view the diamond near the xmas tree and it is amazing, a total knockout. It looks as though each facet is hiding a tiny rainbow. Very beautiful!! If I were you I'd hide in the tree, jump out and surprise her. Ha ha just kidding. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results