shape
carat
color
clarity

What size of side stones your would prefer?

What size of side stones your would prefer?

• 1.5 ct

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • 1.28 ct

Votes: 25 55.6%
  • .65 ct

Votes: 18 40.0%

• Total voters

LittleKite

Shiny_Rock
I like the 1.28ct curvy setting. It pairs with the center stone very well!
If that is over budget, is it possible to get smaller curvey side stones?

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I like the 1.28ct curvy setting. It pairs with the center stone very well!
If that is over budget, is it possible to get smaller curvey side stones?

That’s what I am checking now

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll change my vote from the rounded 1.28s to rounded .65s.

I think I would downgrade the side stone colors maybe*. Sometimes, it seems like to me, whiter side stones just makes the white pop and not
necessarily the center stone. I think if you went more G/H it puts more of the attention on the center stone and less on the side stones. But
maybe thats just me. I'm sensitive to very white stones. Maybe you could get DK to source two sets and see which color your eyes prefer with
the center stone. (Or maybe its just an issue with me in which case ignore this last paragraph!)

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
0.65 rounded!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the smaller .65 & think the rounded has a nicer aesthetic with your centre stone. I think you can safely go F-G-H , VS1-2, with your centre stone & still have contrast. Might save some bucks too. It's going to be a gorgeous ring. 8-)

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Of the first three, 1.28, but the .65 rounded ones would be my pick if that’s at all an option.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What kind of facet pattern does your stone have vs the side stones in question?
I much prefer the rounded ones but I hate mixing step cuts and brilliant cuts and I can’t tell from this image which is which.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also are the two rounded sets the same color? Or are they a different diamond color range?
*correction I see the smaller rounds aren’t real lol.
those would be my vote assuming they are colorless and the facet pattern could match.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Also are the two rounded sets the same color? Or are they a different diamond color range?
*correction I see the smaller rounds aren’t real lol.
those would be my vote assuming they are colorless and the facet pattern could match.

The center stone I have is radiant cut. The side stone I never ask David Klass.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The center stone I have is radiant cut. The side stone I never ask David Klass.

Ok I would check, the rounded ones are almsot certain brilliant cut too so I’m sure it’s fine but I would not want step cuts

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yep, really like the rounded .65ct trillion! Looks proportionate to your center stone!
-C4C

L

lydial

Considering you have a 6.5 ct center stone I would presume that 2k is not a high % of the total investment in your project; therefore, IMO, you should get what strikes your fancy regardless of the 2k. (Not my money, but presuming you have already invested in a 6.5 ct diamond you are probably spending a mini fortune already - what is another 2k......) Aesthetically I do not like pointy trillion side stones very much myself. The rounded corner trillions are a lot easier on the eyes. I would ask your jeweler to send you photos of the ACTUAL stones with your center stone and look at their proportions IRL, not on CADS. CADs are so hard to interpret visually.

*** editing to add: I also do not like 3 stone ring side stones that go out past the diameter of the finger. I looks like you are trying too hard to jam as much gem on your finger as possible, which can look a bit cheesy to me. Just my "obviously very opinionated" opinion.....

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Considering you have a 6.5 ct center stone I would presume that 2k is not a high % of the total investment in your project; therefore, IMO, you should get what strikes your fancy regardless of the 2k. (Not my money, but presuming you have already invested in a 6.5 ct diamond you are probably spending a mini fortune already - what is another 2k......) Aesthetically I do not like pointy trillion side stones very much myself. The rounded corner trillions are a lot easier on the eyes. I would ask your jeweler to send you photos of the ACTUAL stones with your center stone and look at their proportions IRL, not on CADS. CADs are so hard to interpret visually.

*** editing to add: I also do not like 3 stone ring side stones that go out past the diameter of the finger. I looks like you are trying too hard to jam as much gem on your finger as possible, which can look a bit cheesy to me. Just my "obviously very opinionated" opinion.....

I have size 8.5 finger. So even with the 3 stones, I think I still see my finger. Also it’s not 2k for the whole ring, it’s 2k more if I go with bigger stone. I don’t want the bigger stones tho.
I am debating .65ct pointy one or round one, and have to find out if they have the round one in .65ct range.

L

lydial

I have size 8.5 finger. So even with the 3 stones, I think I still see my finger. Also it’s not 2k for the whole ring, it’s 2k more if I go with bigger stone. I don’t want the bigger stones tho.
I am debating .65ct pointy one or round one, and have to find out if they have the round one in .65ct range.

I think you are making a good choice. Can't there be a "happy medium" like 0.4 ct each side stones? 0.8 total? It should be about the proportions more than the weight of course. Good luck.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I’m in the 1.28-ct camp ... the rounded pair seem more complimentary whereas the other two appear more ‘harsh’ to my eyes. But I think that’s the different cut - rounded vs pointed corners.

What about a smaller pair of rounded-corner trillions?

D7D04156-10F1-45D3-85A3-50137C94E9BC.jpeg

I get the cost difference/factor, but ... these two sides’ cuts are very different looks to me, and it’s a LOT of money to spend overall to not get it exactly right like your heart desires the first time.

Can you please help me with how a 5.3mm rounded trillions will look like next to my center? David Klass found a pair that is 5.3mm , the .65 pair is 6.3mm.

Last edited:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you please help me with how a 5.3mm round trillions will look like? David Klass found a pot that is 5.3mm , the .65 pair is 6.3mm.

What are the exact mm measurements of your center stone?

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
May I ask what is the mm size of your center and size stone?

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
It’s 10.78mm and 9.19mm, depth is 6.73. Thanks!

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
HYG; it’s not super-mega precise because I’m doing this on graph paper on my iPad, but it’s pretty darn close proportion-wise. :wavey:
0C96368E-DE52-450C-9CCD-7590F5EAAFD2.jpeg

Thank you! You are the best!
What do you think of this size? He told me it’s .40 total carat weight 5.3mm, there is another pair that is .74ct but only 5.1mm. I hope it’s not a typo he made. If 5.3mm is correct then I think I should go with the .40ct.

Last edited:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! You are the best!
What do you think of this size? He told me it’s .40 total carat weight 5.3mm, there is another pair that is .74ct but only 5.1mm. I hope it’s not a typo he made. If 5.3mm is correct then I think I should go with the .40ct.

I think they are a smidge small, but that’s just me. I think I would be helpful to know what kind of setting you are thinking (e.g., how much metal); do you have a picture of a close example?

Also, do you by chance have a picture of your exact diamond? Maybe the vendor link, a close-up you too, on your finger?

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I think they are a smidge small, but that’s just me. I think I would be helpful to know what kind of setting you are thinking (e.g., how much metal); do you have a picture of a close example?

Also, do you by chance have a picture of your exact diamond? Maybe the vendor link, a close-up you too, on your finger?

It should be similar like this picture and it will be 3mm taper up to the side stones. I will go take pictures to show you my stone.
47A337D4-5528-4411-B07A-550B4E91B33C.png

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock

Here is the link and pictures of the stone on my size 8.5 finger.

02F7F54F-2F2A-418A-8265-ABC0381FCA59.jpeg AE98FBC6-EE87-4421-B65F-32EBB16B4DF4.jpeg

Attachments

• AC1B1E26-B8E4-4FB4-8A0D-8492AA5300C0.jpeg
    AC1B1E26-B8E4-4FB4-8A0D-8492AA5300C0.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 60

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondnewbieny This may be better/easier to visualize the proportions on your finger with the 5.3mm, and I did ona at 6mm for comparison. I find it asier to see a better IRL representation with your own hand vs. that Hulk Hogan-looking CAD hand. :lol:

0F04AE20-7549-43E4-B94D-6B24920C63BD.jpeg

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
@diamondnewbieny This may be better/easier to visualize the proportions on your finger with the 5.3mm, and I did ona at 6mm for comparison. I find it asier to see a better IRL representation with your own hand vs. that Hulk Hogan-looking CAD hand. :lol:

0F04AE20-7549-43E4-B94D-6B24920C63BD.jpeg

Wow you are really good at this! Thank you so much!

I find the 6mm stone to be too large for my liking, I feel it’s covering too much of my finger. I am going for a three stone style that still show a little metal.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow you are really good at this! Thank you so much!

I find the 6mm stone to be too large for my liking, I feel it’s covering too much of my finger. I am going for a three stone style that still show a little metal.

Happy to help! I would ask David to add them to a CAD with your center diamond to see how they would look in your planned setting before you full-on commit, if that is possible. Good luck! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results